• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

EmCeeGramr said:
i'm right there, with my best friend, nathan drake. he's my friend in real life, and he came to my birthday party where he gave me a jurassic park action figure. he's so cool!!
Each button press transcends reality and becomes a real emotional bond

It's like me and Drake, we are brothers

EloquentM said:
what are we even talking about anymore?

2dhxzkj.jpg

When Nathan did that context sensitive combat sequence and inexplicably went in slow-motion to emphasize the impact of the punches, it was like...I was THERE, man. In the game, interacting with him, ya know what I mean?

Mush said:
Umm, hi.

How did this thread get so big?
You can't just ask that, you have to read from the beginning and see for yourself, watching the thread grow and evolve, it's a journey and you get to ride right along with it.

kaioshade

i just read the eurogamer review. The backlash against is is nothing short of staggering stupidity. Seriously, since when is an 8/10 a bad review?

EloquentM said:
what are we even talking about anymore?

Nothing much. I think most people are just waiting for the OT now so that this thread can be left to those that aren't really interested in the game and have just showed up in it because of the thread title.

Riposte

...Add in a musical score that accentuates the action and layer on the game's trademark, "best in the industry" graphics -- sand clinging to Drake's hair, fire creeping up walls, sunlight filtering through tattered roofs -- and you can see where this game becomes more than pressing the X button and jamming on analog sticks.

That doesn't make any sense hahaha!

Also don't agree with his comments on multiplayer, but you gotta love it when he phrases it like this:

These are upgradable bonuses that you equip to make the multiplayer experience more your own.

Boosters augment your entire session...

So much heart! Too much heart!

Here is the best part:

Gameplay
Refined climbing and shooting are better than ever, but it’s the way your actions merge with the story that impress.
10!

TEN TEN TEN TEN TEN

SolidSnakex said:
Nothing much. I think most people are just waiting for the OT now so that this thread can be left to those that aren't really interested in the game and have just showed up in it because of the thread title.

First post in OT "8/10" or bust

I will stay on GAF every second till the OT is made to make sure this happens.

MuseManMike said:
You haven't watched any trailers?
Nope, none! I've seen glimpses of screenshots here and there, but I just scroll down real fast. And I've seen a few posts mention set pieces and what not but that's about it.

I pity anyone not on a media blackout :p

darkwing

kaioshade said:
i just read the eurogamer review. The backlash against is is nothing short of staggering stupidity. Seriously, since when is an 8/10 a bad review?
people killing time till the OT arrives, nothing better to do for a week too

i feel like we grew up together, you know? like he was my big bro, not my real bro, like i was a hopeless little street urchin and nathan took me under his wing and taught me the Laws of the Streets. whenever he smiles at sully, i'm reminded of how i would have smiled at him, like he was my cooldad

then he took that bullet for me. it was a quiet and cold november afternoon when the palm street rocas rolled into our neighborhood. "no nate! stop it big bro!" i cried as he smuggled me into the alley. a pistol in his hand and a gat in his jeans opposite his half-tuck, he winked as he disappeared into the window and a moment later a sound like tin garbage cans being beaten and and fusillade of brass tore through the vinyl siding and i knew he was gone

i'll never forget him. i still carry his blood-soaked keffiyeh

10/10

i swear greg miller looks like an anthropomorphic happycat

someone photoshop happycat onto his head with "oh god how did this get here i am not good with reviewer"

DonMigs85

Jarmel said:
Ice cold. I guess she couldn't handle the third man in the relationship.
Seriously though, she probably grew tired of his manic obsessions and propensity for making a fool of himself in public.

Riposte

DonMigs85 said:
I'm really starting to see why Miller's wife divorced him

I want to write jokes about Miller's reviewing his marriage and divorce, but that would be in terrible taste! Truly terrible! And I am a good person.

EmCeeGramr said:
i feel like we grew up together, you know? like he was my big bro, not my real bro, like i was a hopeless little street urchin and nathan took me under his wing and taught me the Laws of the Streets. whenever he smiles at sully, i'm reminded of how i would have smiled at him, like he was my cooldad

then he took that bullet for me. it was a quiet and cold november afternoon when the palm street rocas rolled into our neighborhood. "no nate! stop it big bro!" i cried as he smuggled me into the alley. a pistol in his hand and a gat in his jeans opposite his half-tuck, he winked as he disappeared into the window and a moment later a sound like tin garbage cans being beaten and and fusillade of brass tore through the vinyl siding and i knew he was gone

i'll never forget him. i still carry his blood-soaked keffiyeh

10/10

Wow, that's really heartfelt and deep. And all these years I thought you were a jerk

http://chinnersaysitsokay.blogspot.com/2008/12/emceegramr-is-jerk.html

Red

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Wow, that's really heartfelt and deep. And all these years I thought you were a jerk
It brings a tear to my eye thinking how Drake is a really a father, and a brother, and a lover, and a father and a lover at the same time, to all of us

darkwing

Crunched said:
It brings a tear to my eye thinking how Drake is a really a father, and a brother, and a lover, and a father and a lover at the same time, to all of us
did you say lover? now where is that semi nude Drake pic

Red

When those mundane memories hit me, I realized the first time I played Infamous was one of the last times I was ever married. It opened my mind to things I hadn't thought about since they happened: my ex and I deciding in a laundromat that we needed to separate, a final fight in a restaurant parking lot, and the first days with my retail copy of Infamous.

Infamous 2 comes out in about a month, and I won't be reviewing it. I think I could give it a fair shake, but I've clearly lost perspective. The first game means too much to me; the fan in me outweighs the critic. I wish I could say that sucks or that I'm disappointed, but I'm not. I'm just happy to have my friend back.

Who is this guy and why have I never heard of him

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BLU-RAY INTO THE SLOT. ITS DRAKE'S DECEPTION AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DRAKE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME MERCS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE WORLD'S BIGGEST DESERT. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY WORKPLACE AND ALL THEY CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING..

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
EmCeeGramr said:
oh my god

oh my god

drinky read this

READ THIS

Seriously, I've been playing games my whole life and writing about them for more than five years now, and I've never reacted to a character model change like this. I ranted on podcasts about it, I wrote articles dissecting it, and I was sick to my stomach over it. I didn't know why I was so upset, but I knew that when it was about 1 in the morning and I was still rambling in bed to my then-girlfriend that I was no longer just "a fan" of Infamous. I had crossed a line with the series, but I just wasn't sure when that had happened.

Oh man.

Patapwn

Hmm... In the same way the uncharted fanbois layed into eurogamer, the opposing force is laying into ign.

Predictable.

I don't like to talk about being hurt, and Infamous didn't make me. It was there for me without asking any questions or passing any judgment. It was a silent companion through the roughest time in my 20-some years on Earth. That's the power of games.

are-you-serious-rage-face.jpg

also just want to say that making fun of him for the divorce itself is actually pretty mean and petty

the article about infamous is hilarious though

darkwing

Patapwn said:
Hmm... In the same way the uncharted fanbois layed into eurogamer, the opposing force is laying into ign.

Predictable.
nothing else to do while waiting for the game or OT, I guess this it better than the fanfics earlier

Riposte

Patapwn said:

Predictable.

No one really cares about IGN, just Greg Miller.

EDIT: It is not like this is the first review where his hyperbolic style has caught the attention of NeoGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom