• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoboman

Crunched said:
charliecrist-thumbupe9.jpg

EmCeeGramr said:
whenever i watch uncharted videos i laugh because i imagine nathan drake just walking around his house and suddenly snapping about and lurching into a running pose whenever he changes direction or commences movement

I'm imaging him leaping a short distance, and he just kinda floats in the air and magically gravitates to the area he was going to.

*leans over to open a lid of a jar of peppermint candy, entire body weight shifts to side as he reaches over*

woah! now this is some real treasure. *raises eyebrow, smirks*

Subway Eat Fresh™

Satchel

Banned
Yoboman said:
Drinky Crow
Banned
(Today, 01:58 PM)
Reply | Quote

Thank God I don't think I could've dealt with another post like that

Are you trolling youself here?

edit: yep, just saw, yes you are.

Ricky_R said:
Did you really think that Uncharted 3 would be that different than Uncharted 2 when it comes to linearity?

Did the IGN review make you believe that Uncharted 3 would be more open or that it wouldn't add the "limited controlled" cut-scenes that we all love (fans)? He still praised the game for what it is in terms of mechanics and design. Unless I missed something.

I was hoping for something more like the first game. As I alluded to in my post, but you cut that out.

I did say that I'm aware Uncharted is linear (as are most FPS/TPSes this gen) but Uncharted 2 really made it obvious and was bordelrine funnelling you to the next scene. Uncharted 1 had a way of not making seem so obvious.

I was hoping 3 took more cues from 1 rather than 2, as I prefer 1 to 2.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
EmCeeGramr said:
*leans over to open a lid of a jar of peppermint candy, entire body weight shifts to side as he reaches over*

woah! now this is some real treasure. *raises eyebrow, smirks*

Subway Eat Fresh™
bosh.gif

Yoboman

Satchel said:
Are you trolling youself here?

edit: yep, just saw, yes you are.

Yoboman
smarter than you
blinder than you
thinks he fights
better than you
(Today, 02:32 PM)
Reply | Quote | Edit/Del

Satchel

Banned
Yoboman said:
Yoboman
smarter than you
blinder than you
thinks he fights
better than you
(Today, 02:32 PM)
Reply | Quote | Edit/Del

I suspected you were, but wasn't 100%.

I know you've been a member for a long time and though "Wait, if he's been here that long, surely he's aware of Drinky's 'banning'".

So ummm yeah.

Yoboman

Satchel said:
I suspected you were, but wasn't 100%.

I know you've been a member for a long time and though "Wait, if he's been here that long, surely he's aware of Drinky's 'banning'".

So ummm yeah.
This is just me procrastinating on studying I should be doing

Ricky_R

Satchel said:
I was hoping for something more like the first game. As I alluded to in my post, but you cut that out.

I did say that I'm aware Uncharted is linear (as are most FPS/TPSes this gen) but Uncharted 2 really made it obvious and was bordelrine funnelling you to the next scene. Uncharted 1 had a way of not making seem so obvious.

I was hoping 3 took more cues from 1 rather than 2, as I prefer 1 to 2.

Yeah... I get you. I would've liked UC1's design too, but I personally prefer UC2's, and what seems to also offer, UC3.

Lion Heart said:
Fuck I need this game in my life. I'm so proud of sticking to my media blackout, it was a tough year but I made it.
Me too! High five! I was so tempted to see those trailers but come next week this will be the first game ever that I go in watching no campaign media.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Luthos

Well I beat Batman and got 100% in the campaign.

Time to replay Uncharted 2 I thinks. Both in anticipation of 3, and to take a breather on Batman before I go back and do challenges.

Anyone else replaying the previous Uncharteds?

rdrr gnr

Luthos said:

Time to replay Uncharted 2 I thinks. Both in anticipation of 3, and to take a breather on Batman before I go back and do challenges.

I'll be replaying Uncharted on 11.1.11
LOLOLOL

Loudninja

Luthos said:

Me!

EmCeeGramr said:
whenever i watch uncharted videos i laugh because i imagine nathan drake just walking around his house and suddenly snapping about and lurching into a running pose whenever he changes direction or commences movement
Haha

darkwing

Luthos said:

nah, putting more cash on the UC3 mp bank

Riposte

When I rant about why Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is better than just about anything on the market -- about why I think it's my new favorite game of all time -- I don't talk about the firefights, the new ability to throw grenades back at enemies or collecting the game's 101 well-hidden treasures. I talk about the heart-wrenching section where Drake is by himself and completely lost. He's on his last legs, he's desperate, and I'm right there with him. I'm pushing him through the journey at hand and it's clear that it's a game, but as he stumbles, seeks shelter and loses hope, my heart breaks.

hahahaha holy shit.

I love you Greg Miller.

DonMigs85

EloquentM said:
lol two people admitted that they were on total media black out and another member posts images from the game on this page smh
If they freak out over that... then they seriously need to see a shrink or something.

Gvaz

Banned
If you're on a media blackout:

1. why are you (likely) preordering the game, you fool
2. why are you coming into a review thread to console you on if your purchase was good, you fool
3. why are you on media blackout, period? you fool

EloquentM said:
lol two people admitted that they were on total media black out and another member posts images from the game on this page smh

Spoiler alert: three of the pivotal characters from the past two games are in the third game!

Rikyfree

Luthos said:

I'm gonna start later this week. It'll be fun gearing up!

Riposte said:
hahahaha holy shit.

I love you Greg Miller.
i'm right there, with my best friend, nathan drake. he's my friend in real life, and he came to my birthday party where he gave me a jurassic park action figure. he's so cool!!

watershed

Banned
So I decided to read the IGN review to see what all the fuss was about and I was surprised to find not a review but a teenage love letter talking about sappy feelings, emotions, tears, bonds, and something about being more than pressing X. Fun read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom