• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCX

Lothars said:
I don't care if it gets an 8 / 10, that is a perfectly good score, I do have issue with someone taking Eurogamer as a credible review site, I don't think they ever have been credible actually I feel exactly the same way about them as I do about EDGE.
Have you ever, you know, read an EDGE review?

Riposte said:
No one really cares about IGN, just Greg Miller.

EDIT: It is not like this is the first review where his hyperbolic style has caught the attention of NeoGAF.

I agree that his review isn't good, but what's so special about this IGN review if most of their reviews are crap anyway?

Loudninja said:
Yes its getting really ugly in here.

Ugly is not the term I'd use. Petty and childish. Miller may not be the greatest writer and he may have had trouble in his personal life, but some people have shown their true colors in this thread.

To get back on topic, the review scores seem to depend on how much attachment the reviewer had to Uncharted 2. The gaming journalism industry has an enormous problem with hyping up a sequel (meaning the second game in a franchise) to the point of the third game not being able to surpass it in terms of overall score. That is a huge problem. So you've got third entries in franchises scoring LOWER than the second title even though they're actually BETTER games.

Loudninja

Its annoying how people cant look passed these 2 reviews when we have over 40.

Look at Shacknews, gamersyde or thesixaxis those are good reviews.

Ricky_R

Loudninja said:
Its annoying how people cant look passed these 2 reviews when we have over 40.

Look at Shacknews, gamersyde or thesixaxis those are good reviews.

haha... Your effort has been futile, sadly.

I've been reading those reviews you've been posting though, so not entirely futile.

Yoboman

Drinky Crow said:
what's wrong with the eurogamer review? it's well written and soundly argued.
Nothing. In my opinion the only question about it is whether he is reviewing it on the value of the game that it is, or reviewing it because it's not what he wants it to be.

NeoUltima

Drinky Crow said:
People upset about points being docked for the game being linear.

Personally, if a review docks points for linearity, I ignore that aspect. I could care less if a game is linear (w/ in reason). I go into reviews keeping my personal values in mind.

The review people should be upset with is G4, calling the multiplayer "tacked on". psshh

Loudninja

NeoUltima said:

Personally, if a review docks points for linearity, I ignore that aspect. I could care less if a game is linear (w/ in reason).

The review people should be upset with is G4, calling the multiplayer "tacked on". psshh
I really have no clue why he said that.

fallagin

Drinky Crow said:

I think its fine, expecting rank and file reviews for games is kind of silly. Of course that doesn't mean anyone has to agree with a review written by someone else. The final reviewer for any person should be themselves.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Robotnik doesn't actually read posts or he'd have seen I was talking about "GamersGlobe." I never mentioned Eurogamer once.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Mooreberg said:
Robotnik doesn't actually read posts or he'd have seen I was talking about "GamersGlobe." I never mentioned Eurogamer once.

yeah my post doesn't even make sense without a gif attached.

It appears some people got banned

Wallach

NeoUltima said:

Personally, if a review docks points for linearity, I ignore that aspect. I could care less if a game is linear (w/ in reason). I go into reviews keeping my personal values in mind.

I don't think that the Eurogamer review is arguing against only the linearity of the plot at all. In fact that reviewer is arguing more about a general sense that interactivity in general has become too secondary. It's something I personally take issue with when it comes to a lot of games, and it just sounds like maybe UC3 has bumped up too close to that boundary to ignore for him.

It's funny because that review is the one I identified with the most when he started talking about that particular topic, because while I don't really care about this series (or quite frankly almost anything similar to it), it's an issue that bothers me quite a lot when it comes to RPGs. Many developers today are better compensated when they produce video games that aim primarily for goals and standards derived from a completely different medium.

gibration

Loudninja said:
I really have no clue why he said that.
That's how they've always felt about Uncharted's multiplayer. I don't remember what video it was where they all share their feelings on U2's multiplayer but I remember them saying something similar.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Marius_ said:
yeah my post doesn't even make sense without a gif attached.
It is hard to double check for accuracy and context in between retarded Portal fan fiction and bad GIFs.

Loudninja

BannedEpisode said:
9.0 at gamespot.
I am not going to watch the video review.

Its the editors choice as well.

gibration said:
That's how they've always felt about Uncharted's multiplayer. I don't remember what video it was where they all share their feelings on U2's multiplayer but I remember them saying something similar.
Oh ok, how odd though.

Rikyfree

NeoUltima said:

I agree, I mean I normally don't put in much stock into their (G4's) reviews, but to say that is just a fucking lie.

Strike

NeoUltima said:
Well, with that you can pretty much guarantee that Skyrim is going to be their choice for GOTY.

Mrbob

Lol, don't know why people are getting upset over the 8/10. UC3 already won the review battle. Not everyone is going to give the game a perfect score.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Kaako said:
Ewww. Way to ruin it, GS.
Not enough controversy?
1.How about this: It's 0.5 lower than what they gave UC2.
2. It might just push the game down to 93% on metacritic again.

Mrbob said:
Lol, don't know why people are getting upset over the 8/10. UC3 already won the review battle. Not everyone is going to give the game a perfect score.
You're way behind, that was 30 pages ago. Now we're at the point where people are being upset about too many pages of others being upset about those who were upset about 8/10.

10884828.jpg

I love how everyone is loving the IGN review. I guess IGN dosent suck shit when it gives your game a 10, eh?

Yoboman

Vampire Baseball said:
10884828.jpg

I love how everyone is loving the IGN review. I guess IGN dosent suck shit when it gives your game a 10, eh?
Have you actually read this thread? Every second post is hating on IGN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom