• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Latency definitely went WAAAY up since last patch, getting shot while a full second in cover or 10 feet behind wall.
And yet ND defends SBMM... they even confessed that matchmaking wait times are higher than before.

Bonus for solo players: they're going to remove the back out option in the lobby. You won't be able to back out when you see PSN names. This will happen in a future patch (most likely the next one).

SDR-UK

ND white plugging in ranked right now.

That was amazing.

By the way, I'm not going to go into detail about all of the exploits in the game but know that you can despawn large portions of the map whilst being in bounds among various other things.

And yet ND defends SBMM... they even confessed that matchmaking wait times are higher than before.

Bonus for solo players: they're going to remove the back out option in the lobby. You won't be able to back out when you see PSN names. This will happen in a future patch (most likely the next one).

Eh, just quit the game and restart. Annoying but still an option.

That was amazing.

By the way, I'm not going to go into detail about all of the exploits in the game but know that you can despawn large portions of the map whilst being in bounds among various other things.

No idea what despawn means.

Quitting when match loads it is then.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The Gifting progress meter seems to work though... so when I eventually get it via the relic chest, I'll have to start from the beginning?
Couldn't tell ya since I unlocked the boosters right away with gameplay chests. I remember the meter didn't even work for me when I tried a preset loadout.

Stream is in one minute. As for match lopsidedness, I've noticed matches are a lot closer now. Way less 40-20 (or greater disparity) matches now.

I get close matches more often now, but the vast majority of my games are complete blowouts of 40/<20.

I'll just quit when the match starts then -- and if they implement a quit penalty, I'll never play it again.

Dundar

GAF I need help. I'm trying ranked solo but I'm stuck going up and down with points in my silver 3 starting rank, but never getting any momentum in my victories.
Any group doing ranked needing a fifth member?
psn tag: hob982
If someone wants to try, I'm from Italy. Thanks guys :)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
About to win Gold III qualifier match 1.

Circuit breaker trips.

IANICm.gif

GAF I need help. I'm trying ranked solo but I'm stuck going up and down with points in my silver 3 starting rank, but never getting any momentum in my victories.
Any group doing ranked needing a fifth member?
psn tag: hob982
If someone wants to try, I'm from Italy. Thanks guys :)

TechMemphis alt account? lol

About to win Gold III qualifier match 1.

Circuit breaker trips.

IANICm.gif

Such BS. They need to allow for circumstances that don't automatically give you a los/3x loss points or give you a voucher that you can use once per hour or something to "get out of jail free" and not have the match count.

Foxxsoxx

Id love the Lab weekend. But I wont shut up about the inclusion of Team Objective

I NEED that mode to enjoy this game to the fullest. It's only in that mode will we see variety in loadouts, mysticals,power weapon use, etc

And if theyd just damn well make El dorado activate faster, Ill be so satisfied

Yeah Dorado definitely needs a faster spawn, it's so slow at the moment that you can run out of it before it even hits you once.

It is really weird that Team Objective isn't in this MP. It actually was a great mode in U3, I thought it was prety popular too.

Christos

Is it weird that I'm getting good matches in ranked now? Before the patch with a party of 3 we would keep getting steamrolled but now we actually have a chance. I actually climbed back up to Silver II after droping to Bronze II.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Well, I only had 500 ND points to spend, and got the git gud bundle since it lowered down to 400 something. Got the last two items I needed (new mystical and sniper heavy weapon). I can finally start saving relics again!

Foxxsoxx

Had some pretty frustrating matches tonight. Everyone kept leaving and I ran into some horribly laggy players. This one dude's name was Bill Ja and oh my sweet lord, dude emptied Copperhead clips into you 2 seconds after you're behind a wall. He obviously was pretty good, but I've never seen lag work in this guys favor as much as the few matches I had with him. On top of that this other guy was rolling and shooting at the same time in the same match just constantly roll shooting, I've never seen anything like it. Apparently they were from Japan and China according to their PSNs.

I've played Uncharted for years and accept that you die behind over sometimes, but this was next level shit I tell you. Like, hiding behind 4 different walls, you ate a burrito, went to explore the world, took a nice long shower, had 3 kids, one of which may or may not be yours and then come back and get shot in the face sorts of bad.

Vade

The best is when you don't get any hit markers when you obviously should of got them. Then get downed behind cover. If the game is going to be a laggy shitfest at least let me know how horrible it will be rather than "everyone has max bars going to be great son".

SDR-UK

The connection bars in U4 are very, VERY generous compared to those in other ND games even.

The more I play the game, the less fun I seem to be having unfortunately... And this is coming from someone who has been playing Naughty Dog Multiplayer games solidly since 2009.

I think the map design is the main reason for the boredom. I mean, it's nine maps with a single layout. Would it kill them to make the next few maps play differently?

TechMemphis alt account? lol

Such BS. They need to allow for circumstances that don't automatically give you a los/3x loss points or give you a voucher that you can use once per hour or something to "get out of jail free" and not have the match count.

I really disagree with this.

If you're connection dies that's certainly unfortunate but any allowances would see excessive abuse from people who's connections, were not dropping unintentionally. If you could disconnect from even 1/10 matches that would cause people to selectively leave on losses where the match outcome really mattered, and thereby fraudulently allow people to move up tiers.

A voucher that you could use once per hour is an awful idea, as people would be able to restrict themselves to playing just one or two ranked matches per hour, and escape all of their losses with said voucher system.

If your disconnecting regularly then I recommend attempting to resolve that issue and failing that, if you can't retain an online connection consistently enough to avoid frequent disconnections from multiplayer games, then you should avoid matches where the stakes are high (as in, ranked play).

Something to bear in mind, is that if you are disconnecting frequently, then you are most likely also causing the other 4 players on your team to incur a loss too, as being a man down can be quite a deficit. What I'm saying is, that if you're disconnecting frequently enough for it to be an barrier to your ranked progress then that presents an issue not only for you, but anyone you play with, and you should not be in ranked.

Otherwise, just suck it up and accept that the system also ensures that everyone you beat is being forced to validate their losses. It helps keep the ranking system valid and meaningful.

I'm not sure if I'm rusty after not playing for a week or if the new update changed things but WTF?!

Couldn't do shit for the two and a half matches I just played.

I think the map design is the main reason for the boredom. I mean, it's nine maps with a single layout. Would it kill them to make the next few maps play differently?
They can't, the stupid bots would dominate any open space.

They can already track you anywhere on these shit maps, doesn't matter how many meters of solid stone are between you... imagine if they could shoot at you the whole time as well.

Bots are probably the biggest reason why we don't have unique maps, but the same map re-skinned 9 times (soon to be 10).

Once per hour was off the top of my head without putting any thought into it. Maybe once per 24 hours then, but there's a fair compromise somewhere. I have a 75/25 connection and get full speeds on PSN downloads, so it's not my connection. To be clear, what I'm talking about is those matches where the game fails to load and start; you either sit endlessly on a black screen or you sit on the team/character "versus" screen (where you can see everyone's chosen character and PSN name) but the match never starts. Instead, you're kicked back to the lobby.

This happens to everyone in the match because when you're back at the menu everyone starts complaining or laughing in the lobby. The game is not just booting me. This counts as a disconnection and 3x points loss. How is that fair? This happens in all game modes, I'm just singling out Ranked because that's the only mode that "matters".

There is also the less frequent but still infuriating Remnants hard crash which I've mentioned before. That also counts as a 3x loss. A 3x loss is enough to rank you straight down to the previous tier, which then requires 4-6 straight wins (or more) just to make it back to where you were, assuming you win every game, which is not a guarantee. That's 1-2 hours, optimistically, that you've lost due to external factors. Again, how is this remotely fair? Saying "don't play ranked" or "deal with it because it happens to everyone" is inadequate. Giving players a break from ND's piss-poor netcode or whatever it is that causes these incidents, is much more reasonable. For the players that will abuse this voucher, they are never going to make it to Master if they only play at times when the voucher can be used. There's simply too many matches that need to be played/won, and not nearly enough time in the Season to cherry-pick your matches.

I'm not sure if I'm rusty after not playing for a week or if the new update changed things but WTF?!

Couldn't do shit for the two and a half matches I just played.

The new update changed matchmaking rules/priorities. I've noticed it too. I used to regularly be in first 95% of the time, second 4.9% of the time, and third 0.1% of the time, but now I'm about 50% in second or third. My win % has increased, but my personal stats have gone down the tube. It's really weird.

Naughty Dog's beautiful spawn system in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_obwkV76k68

(It was probably lag more than anything else though.)

Wow, lol. I think something like this just happened the other day with bam.

Pfft, that's nothing. Behold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjcjuPQe25k

Edit: Sorry about the double post.

The whole being warped back to where you were for a rope or ledge pull happens to me every once in a while. Have a bunch recorded, I'm sure.

The whole being warped back to where you were for a rope or ledge pull happens to me every once in a while. Have a bunch recorded, I'm sure.

I get magnetically pulled back for a pulldown or kickoff occasionally, but that's usually a difference of 1 second. This example is by far the worst i have witnessed.

I wanted to post some funny spawns as well, but none are even close to beating this. XD

ron_bato

Is ghost 1 worth keeping in my load out? I love to flank every now and then but I'm not sure if ghost 1 actually makes a difference or if I'm better served using that on gunslinger.

Nev

Banned
Indra's Eternity is so fucking disgusting. How is this piece of shit remotely balanced? It might as well kill you instead of making you waste time and be humilliated by the scumbag party of tryhards who are spamming it along with cintamani stones and p90 blindfiring everything.

Jesus christ give me classic mode already, at least the sweaty parties will actually have to be good at the game.

Foxxsoxx

Indra's Eternity is so fucking disgusting. How is this piece of shit remotely balanced? It might as well kill you instead of making you waste time and be humilliated by the scumbag party of tryhards who are spamming it along with cintamani stones and p90 blindfiring everything.

Jesus christ give me classic mode already, at least the sweaty parties will actually have to be good at the game.

I wouldn't say the P90 is OP at all, but yeah Indra definitely needs to be tuned. Cintamani is in a weird place where I both love and hate it, so I can't say for sure what to do with it.

Vade

The P90 is not as broken as the Kal7 beta in UC3. It needs some wrist smacking and it will be fine. Cintamani and Indra are just hilariously broken, I do not think any sensible player would disagree with that.

I've found a glitch that allows you to use DLC boosters in Custom loadouts without having to spend relics/gold coins... I don't consider it game breaking (like wall hacks), since it levels the playing field.

Top Bottom