• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

I've found a glitch that allows you to use DLC boosters in Custom loadouts without having to spend relics/gold coins... I don't consider it game breaking (like wall hacks), since it levels the playing field.

PM it me? I'm very curious. For a friend, y'know. :p

Seriously though I'm interested in how this is done and wouldn't mind playing around with it. I agree with it not being game breaking, but I do think it is cheating, so I wouldn't be able to justify using it in ranked games.

Edit: I missunderstood, I thought you meant without loadout points :) I've already bought everything... but would still be interested.

ThisOne

Solo ranked is just an exercise in frustration. You will rank up or rank down regardless of how well you play. It's completely random and chance based.

Solo ranked is just an exercise in frustration. You will rank up or rank down regardless of how well you play. It's completely random and chance based.

Well, yeah. If you play alone in almost any ranking system whereby you have 4 other team mates, providing you with only 10% of the influence of the entire match, it will feel luck based, but that's because it inherently is.

Though at the same time, at least by being top of your team, you can win more, and lose less, so over time those advantages provided to the top performing player should allow you to progress in rank. But it's always going to seem very slow in comparison to playing with a similarly skilled team.

AKyemeni

I've found a glitch that allows you to use DLC boosters in Custom loadouts without having to spend relics/gold coins... I don't consider it game breaking (like wall hacks), since it levels the playing field.
Pm me, friendo.

Don't worry, I've already bought everything :p

Grinchy

Banned

Playing with one person in ranked is quite awful too. The ranked in this game is just zero fun and the qualifier matches make no sense.

If you want the MP to be fun, just avoid ranked.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Playing with one person in ranked is quite awful too. The ranked in this game is just zero fun and the qualifier matches make no sense.

If you want the MP to be fun, just avoid ranked.
Regular TDM isn't any better either with this new matchmaking system. :/

stryke

Haven't seen you on in a while? You up for playing ranked soon? I want to get to master once I submit my dissertation (submitting on 25th).

It's probably because of our time zones. I've actually been playing every few nights here.

Yeah I'd be up to help you out in ranked. It's just most of the time it might only happen on the weekend due to work and time zones lol

stryke

The P90 is not as broken as the Kal7 beta in UC3. It needs some wrist smacking and it will be fine. Cintamani and Indra are just hilariously broken, I do not think any sensible player would disagree with that.

Cintamani seems to only be abused in high level play. In random tdm matches it always seems like im one of few who uses them.

Majin Boo

So uh a game of tdm just ended with my team up 37-36 with 5 minutes still on the timer, saying we lost. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Had a game yesterday that ended 39-44, the match just went on for 5 more minutes after the enemies hit 40 kills.

I' m really not enjoying the game at it's current state and I can't see myself playing this except for the daily challenges every once in a while. It feels like 1 match out of 10 is actually balanced, the rest are just ridiculously unfair and usually I end up with 4 total idiots. Add to that the general annoyance at sidekicks, mines and some mysticals, a ranked mode that is unplayable for solo players, a reward system that feels as rewarding as mowing your lawn with tweezers and the wonderful white plug and lag, and I really don't understand what ND was trying to do here..

Did your team secretly forfeit while in the lead?

Nope, was regular tdm not ranked. The match did feel quite laggy, as most have lately so I'm just going to assume it was that.

The match just randomly stopped and this popped up.

TkhbF1el.png

ThisOne

Funny how much I've grown to dislike the multiplayer in this game. Not sure exactly what it is but it just doesn't have the staying power for me that the Last of Us multiplayer did. Getting killed when I dive behind a wall certainly doesn't help and neither does the horrible balance of weapons, sidekicks, and mysticals. Weird map design and inconsistent mechanics (taking cover when I want to roll, rolling when I want to take cover) is just the icing on the cake.

Anyway, enough shitting on the game.

So uh a game of tdm just ended with my team up 37-36 with 5 minutes still on the timer, saying we lost. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Had this a few times, like this match suddenly ended, 34-34, we won for some reason.

Time did not expire. I can only assume it was because the enemy team had 40 deaths, even though they were not all from my team, I guess they suicided a fair bit?

Foxxsoxx

I love the game, but I do agree that on a technical level, a lot of things are really glitchy, especially menus, the cover system, matches randomly not starting, etc. The game is a lot of fun but I don't understand why this happens in every MP game they make. TLOU did this to a lesser degree but it still did it.

AKyemeni

I love the game, but I do agree that on a technical level, a lot of things are really glitchy, especially menus, the cover system, matches randomly not starting, etc. The game is a lot of fun but I don't understand why this happens in every MP game they make. TLOU did this to a lesser degree but it still did it.

ND are using the same engine for 8 years now.

It's probably because of our time zones. I've actually been playing every few nights here.

Yeah I'd be up to help you out in ranked. It's just most of the time it might only happen on the weekend due to work and time zones lol

You're definitely one of the better and more usefully communicative players on my friends list so it'd certainly help to have your help in ranked if at all possible.

What time do you usually play? I'll see if it matches up with any of my playtime.

Miggy

''This meni guy can suck 18 dicks!'' BrokenGamezHD 2016

lmfao, AKyemeni got this man BG so salty. Funny as hell to watch.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So... now I've managed to reach Gold III soloing, and, Naughty Dog, I'm not getting better teammates; it's still drawing players from across the board. I'm not getting more points for winning, it's still 24 at max. It takes more points to reach the qualifiers, but but buuuut, I am LOSING more points when my team loses a match?

giphy.gif

Also, the P90 is absolutely ridiculous in its current state.

And the 30% slow mod for the Indra and full heal mod for the Stone need to disappear from the game entirely. The advantages they offer are just too big. Those mysticals are powerful enough as-is.

ND needs to change up the challenges a bit rather than get X number of downs with weapon or gear. Or use mystical X number of times.

-Get first or last down & KO in match
-Play 5 matches as Elena wearing the rabbit ears
-Get 4 downs with pistol and 4 downs with long gun in a match

Well, I officially had the worst Command team ever today. Should've screencapped it, but I wasn't thinking clearly after seeing the scores.

Me: ~ 4,500
2nd: ~1,500
Third: ~500
Fourth: 235
Fifth: 10

Like, how do you even enjoy the game if you end up with 10 points? They weren't a late joiner, either. They were in the game from the lobby, all the way through to the end. Playing actively, too.

This new skill-based balancing is complete garbage. They should be sticking all of the < 1000 point players together in a separate pool so they can at least get better, not shackling them to decent-to-good players in an attempt to "balance" teams. Given how many times that guy died, I can't imagine he was having fun being dumped on, and I certainly wasn't having fun with him pulling my team down. The balancing algorithm seems bad for everyone in this scenario, so I can't understand what Naughty Dog was thinking here.

stryke

I did something better ;)

https://youtu.be/Pu1lxR-PM7A

A montage.

with that amount of whiteplugs I'm surprised he didn't get disconnected.

ND needs to change up the challenges a bit rather than get X number of downs with weapon or gear. Or use mystical X number of times.

More variety would be nice. Although your second suggestion wouldn't work since it would need to be unlocked in the first place

More variety would be nice. Although your second suggestion wouldn't work since it would need to be unlocked in the first place

No different than the 'X downs with Y gun' challenges we get now. I've never been tasked a challenge for something I haven't unlocked, so it seems to detect what you are able to actually complete.

First one is mostly luck-based and could take days to complete. That would enrage me. Relics are already procured at a slow enough pace, there's no need to make it any more difficult to acquire them.

Just played against a team that got a lead and camped the hell out of the pirate map.

Stayed on top of the ships and wouldnt get down. Impossible to remove them or get them to fight, unless we maybe coordinated sidekick hunters to chase them.

Clever and dirty

I'm getting real fucking tired of how it seems that I am playing under a completely different set of rules compared to every single person I play against.

Examples:
- I cannot jump/roll continuously, there is the delay to prevent that, yet I have played against people that can do both endlessly.

- If any explosion knocks me down, I cannot do anything for about 3 seconds. If I knock someone else down via any explosion, they are up in less than a second.

- If I miss a rope smash, I cannot do anything until the standing animation is done. If someone else misses they are instantly jumping/rolling/shooting.

Unbelievably frustrating.

stryke

No different than the 'X downs with Y gun' challenges we get now. I've never been tasked a challenge for something I haven't unlocked, so it seems to detect what you are able to actually complete.

ah, fair enough.

You're definitely one of the better and more usefully communicative players on my friends list so it'd certainly help to have your help in ranked if at all possible.

What time do you usually play? I'll see if it matches up with any of my playtime.

So for example I think 8pm for me is like 11am for you I think. Usually I pop on at 8pm or later and can play till midnight. Maybe 7pm if work luckily doesn't hold me back.

Javin98

Banned
I absolutely love this MP, but I had such a horrible experience with it this weekend that I decided to play the action sequences of the SP instead. Matches filled with two bar players and even one bar players and I was white plugging like hell in some matches. It also feels as if the issue of "getting shot while behind cover" has gotten worse. Unless ND fixes this shit, I'll be putting down the MP for a while. The latest patch seems to have messed up latency and dramatically increased the white plugs. I don't understand how this MP is a white plug fest when TLOU MP was completely free of it.

I did something better ;)

https://youtu.be/Pu1lxR-PM7A

A montage.

How did you get the video from his perspective? I guess he streams too?

Just played against a team that got a lead and camped the hell out of the pirate map.

Stayed on top of the ships and wouldnt get down. Impossible to remove them or get them to fight, unless we maybe coordinated sidekick hunters to chase them.

Clever and dirty

You can remove them via grenades/RPG/China Lake, Indra, or Hunters. I've had matches where people camped the other end and that's what worked every time.

I'm getting real fucking tired of how it seems that I am playing under a completely different set of rules compared to every single person I play against.

Examples:
- I cannot jump/roll continuously, there is the delay to prevent that, yet I have played against people that can do both endlessly.

- If any explosion knocks me down, I cannot do anything for about 3 seconds. If I knock someone else down via any explosion, they are up in less than a second.

- If I miss a rope smash, I cannot do anything until the standing animation is done. If someone else misses they are instantly jumping/rolling/shooting.

Unbelievably frustrating.

Ryanardo rage quit here we come!

So for example I think 8pm for me is like 11am for you I think. Usually I pop on at 8pm or later and can play till midnight. Maybe 7pm if work luckily doesn't hold me back.

He's GMT (or GMT+1) so even if you live in Hawaii there's no time zone difference like that. Come on son.

I absolutely love this MP, but I had such a horrible experience with it this weekend that I decided to play the action sequences of the SP instead. Matches filled with two bar players and even one bar players and I was white plugging like hell in some matches. It also feels as if the issue of "getting shot while behind cover" has gotten worse. Unless ND fixes this shit, I'll be putting down the MP for a while. The latest patch seems to have messed up latency and dramatically increased the white plugs. I don't understand how this MP is a white plug fest when TLOU MP was completely free of it.

Matchmaking has been a mess since the last patch. My stats are all over the place.

Javin98

Banned
Matchmaking has been a mess since the last patch. My stats are all over the place.
Do you mean matchmaking as in the game finds players who have poor connections with you leading to white plugs? If so, that's my issue. If you mean matchmaking only, then I haven't seen much of a difference.

Do you mean matchmaking as in the game finds players who have poor connections with you leading to white plugs? If so, that's my issue. If you mean matchmaking only, then I haven't seen much of a difference.

Matchmaking in finding good matches to play. Way too many matches where I'm matched up against teams of superior skill versus my teammates'. Now, I can't even carry my team because all of the opponents are too good. I haven't had a single white plug since the second week of release.

Javin98

Banned
Matchmaking in finding good matches to play. Way too many matches where I'm matched up against teams of superior skill versus my teammates'. Now, I can't even carry my team because all of the opponents are too good. I haven't had a single white plug since the second week of release.
Hmm, I've had a few matches where the opposing team won 2:1, but my team has also done the same in some matches, so this is definitely not an issue for me. The white plugs could definitely be my shitty Internet speeds, though. However, if the calculations that TDM requires only about 500KB/s upload speeds is correct, then my Internet is up to the task. Furthermore, white plugs only become a real issue when I'm paired with 5 or more two bar players. Perhaps it's because it's hard to find players who aren't half the world away considering I live in Malaysia.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is it possible to rank up even if you lose a match in Ranked Team Deathmatch? I got a daily challenge to play five ranked TDM games and my team lost every match. And in every match, regardless of how good i did, i got minus points. 13 kills, 10 assists and 10 revives gave me -12 points. I feel that this is kinda ridicilous to be honest. And if the other team is in a party with voice chat, you're random team is likely to get demolished.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Is it possible to rank up even if you lose a match in Ranked Team Deathmatch? I got a daily challenge to play five ranked TDM games and my team lost every match. And in every match, regardless of how good i did, i got minus points. 13 kills, 10 assists and 10 revives gave me -12 points. I feel that this is kinda ridicilous to be honest. And if the other team is in a party with voice chat, you're random team is likely to get demolished.

Ranked's scoring system is stupidly binary. If you win, you get 20 points. You get an extra 4 points if you're one of the top two players on your team. If you lose, you lose 12 points (15 once you hit gold, probably more beyond that), and you reduce that by 4 points if you're one of the top two players on your team.

There is no way to rank up if your team loses. It doesn't matter if you had the highest score of both teams. ND logic is that if you aren't good enough to carry your entire team of randoms against a grouped up team all wielding P90s and spamming modded Indra's Eternities and Cintimani Stones with a healthy amount of brutes hunters and doubled up grenades, then I guess you don't deserve to be at a higher rank.

They've done nothing to incentivize solo play.

Maybe BG shouldn't play and stream at the same time if his upload speed isn't up to the task... one of his friends was ice skating all over the map as well.

Hmm, I've had a few matches where the opposing team won 2:1, but my team has also done the same in some matches, so this is definitely not an issue for me. The white plugs could definitely be my shitty Internet speeds, though. However, if the calculations that TDM requires only about 500KB/s upload speeds is correct, then my Internet is up to the task. Furthermore, white plugs only become a real issue when I'm paired with 5 or more two bar players. Perhaps it's because it's hard to find players who aren't half the world away considering I live in Malaysia.
If you have 512 Kbps upload (low-end ADSL), even the slightest dip will grant you a white plug. Maybe that's why ND recommends 1 Mbps (1024 Kbps), so that you can have some headroom before triggering the white plug threshold.

I recommend playing Plunder (4v4) and not using a mic to reduce bandwidth usage.

ps: Post a result from www.speedtest.net

Javin98

Banned
Maybe BG shouldn't play and stream at the same time if his upload speed isn't up to the task... one of his friends was ice skating all over the map as well.

If you have 512 Kbps upload (low-end ADSL), even the slightest dip will grant you a white plug. Maybe that's why ND recommends 1 Mbps (1024 Kbps), so that you can have some headroom before triggering the white plug threshold.

I recommend playing Plunder (4v4) and not using a mic to reduce bandwidth usage.

ps: Post a result from www.speedtest.net
Well, assuming that no one at home is streaming videos or downloading stuff, the upload speed is quite a bit above 512KB/s, usually around 700-800KB/s, so I doubt that's the issue. In fact, on most matches where there are 3 two bar players or fewer, I get little to no white plugs at all. The problem arises when there are 5 two bar players or more, but even then it's tolerable. It's only when there are 7 two bar players or more that I get white plugs every 4-5 seconds. However, this weekend, most of my matches were horribly lag fests and white plugged infested mess.

Also, I'm not at home now, so I can't post my Internet speeds. I'm actually on my mobile data now. Oh, and I never use party chat or mics.

Well, assuming that no one at home is streaming videos or downloading stuff, the upload speed is quite a bit above 512KB/s, usually around 700-800KB/s, so I doubt that's the issue. In fact, on most matches where there are 3 two bar players or fewer, I get little to no white plugs at all. The problem arises when there are 5 two bar players or more, but even then it's tolerable. It's only when there are 7 two bar players or more that I get white plugs every 4-5 seconds. However, this weekend, most of my matches were horribly lag fests and white plugged infested mess.

Also, I'm not at home now, so I can't post my Internet speeds. I'm actually on my mobile data now. Oh, and I never use party chat or mics.
Last time I saw a white plug was exactly after a host migration in Plunder (someone left and the idol re-spawned)... I saw it for like half a second and it vanished away. I'm not sure if it was my fault (my ping was fine, no dropped packets) or because of the host (if it measures packet loss with his connection).

SBMM also might induce more white plugs, who knows...

Javin98

Banned
Last time I saw a white plug was exactly after a host migration in Plunder (someone left and the idol re-spawned)... I saw it for like half a second and it vanished away. I'm not sure if it was my fault (my ping was fine, no dropped packets) or because of the host (if it measures packet loss with his connection).

SBMM also might induce more white plugs, who knows...
Forgive my ignorance, but what does SBMM stand for? I've seen it thrown around a few times in this thread. Also, how is it that I can play Battlefront just fine when at peak it has four times as many players in a match when UC4 MP has issues keeping up at times?

I should mention that my PS4 is connected via Wi-Fi, so that could be the issue.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does SBMM stand for? I've seen it thrown around a few times in this thread. Also, how is it that I can play Battlefront just fine when at peak it has four times as many players in a match when UC4 MP has issues keeping up at times?
Skill Based Match Making = it tries to find players near your skill level (KDR and/or rank) at the expense of increasing matchmaking wait times and lag.

DICE games have dedicated servers, while ND games have p2p. Apples to oranges in terms of netcode.

edit: Yeah, Wi-Fi might also be the culprit. Use an Ethernet cable or a pair of HomePlugs/Powerline adaptors.

Javin98

Banned
Skill Based Match Making = it tries to find players near your skill level (KDR and/or rank) at the expense of increasing matchmaking wait times and lag.

DICE games have dedicated servers, while ND games have p2p. Apples to oranges in terms of netcode.
Ah, SBMM is likely the culprit in many matches, then. It would explain why many players have only two bars in some matches. Ugh, why ND can't switch to dedicated servers or at least fix their netcode is beyond me. If all the network issues are fixed, this is undoubtedly the GOAT MP for me.

Thanks for the advice on the network cables, but unfortunately, my modem is quite far away from my PS4. Could be hard to connect both, but I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom