• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

So what are you guy's aim settings looking like?? I can't seem to get a good aim setting down as I feel like they're too fast. I have aim assist on 0 and aim sensitivity on 1/2.

Okay I'm sorry, I've last question.

There is a season pass of sorts for sale for $25

"Access to two multiplayer things and the single player."

But the multiplayer DLC is all free right? What would I be buying? I highly doubt the SP DLC will be $25 standalone.

Do you level up in this similar to past Uncharted games? I haven't played any ranked matches yet so maybe that's where it shows levels...
No Level Up ranks at all.
also I'm playing ranked tmd for like 1-2 hours if anyone is interested.
PSN: BrickArts295

But the multiplayer DLC is all free right? What would I be buying? I highly doubt the SP DLC will be $25 standalone.

All cosmetic stuff probably, so instead of waiting to unlock randomly it'l be there for you right away.

That's a good question. I don't think anyone knows yet.
TLoU's single player dlc was $20 I think(and totally worth it), so maybe we're looking at something similar and the 2 mp things are costumes and other cosmetic stuff.

Revven

It's just stuff that unlocks for you without you having to use relics or buy it separately or aka basically early unlocks. Basically, it's not any new content.

AKyemeni

It's just stuff that unlocks for you without you having to use relics or buy it separately or aka basically early unlocks. Basically, it's not any new content.
When those packs release, they should be exclusive to triple pass holders for like 2 weeks or something, imo.

Grisby

But most of it is cosmetic. What's the big deal?

It's also clear that they want you to straight up buy it if you're unwilling to wait

The rate seems fine to me

You get one challenge in a game like Hearthstone too, worth from 40-60 gold. A new pack of cards is 100 gold

250 lets you get one vanity chest and leaves you with enough to get another one from a few games
It just sucks because a character (Chloe) that I used for free in the previous two games, which were also $60 products mind you, is now locked behind either a paywall or a random loot wall.

What exactly does the warm up playlist consist of? Is it only on Auction House

Edit: and yeah characters should definitely be able to be purchased with relic points directly, skins I'm fine with being random

People say you get 200 coins to start BUT I have 300. Now I did redeem a 300 pre order bonus on the PlayStation store... But surely that means I should have 500.

Is there a way to redownload redeemed items in the PS Store incase it never unlocked properly?

Thanks a lot.

I haven't played a match yet. Just the multiplayer tutorial so perhaps you get the 200 after a match?

I should also add that I absolutely admire the removal of stat checking and ranks.

People will play for fun rather than alter play styles to pad a meaningless virtual stat to make up for insignificant real lives.

People say you get 200 coins to start BUT I have 300. Now I did redeem a 300 pre order bonus on the PlayStation store... But surely that means I should have 500.

Is there a way to redownload redeemed items in the PS Store incase it never unlocked properly?

Thanks a lot.

I haven't played a match yet. Just the multiplayer tutorial so perhaps you get the 200 after a match?

I got it after a couple tutorial matches. That's what you're missing, the 300 is from the pre-order.

farmerboy

Maaan, the amount of people just leaving games is crazy, even in ranked matches. I've already seen so many matches where at least one person is idle and multiple people leave the game. I had a match where the entire enemy team left and we won my default. It's a very fun MP, but the people playing this game right now is a bummer.

Yeah dont know if this has got anything to do with it but last night me and a friend were getting this infuriating disconnect issue. Every 5 sec or so I'd get the disconnect symbol and sit idle for 3 - 5 sec till I could move again. Happened on about half our games which we would just leave.

Wonder if it's a wide spread issue.

stryke

Yeah dont know if this has got anything to do with it but last night me and a friend were getting this infuriating disconnect issue. Every 5 sec or so I'd get the disconnect symbol and sit idle for 3 - 5 sec till I could move again. Happened on about half our games which we would just leave.

Sometimes this is so obvious you can tell when an opposing player is affected. Feel sorry for them when they're stuck being vulnerable.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

Happened to me all the time in UC2 and 3, made the MP unplayable. Supposedly (and this may be entirely untrue, I just remember reading it on the forums at the time) it's a counter-lagswitching measure, but it unfairly affects people with low network upload speeds.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
With shooting/aim set to Legacy mode (L1/R1) your gun fires when you go to reposition your sniper sidekick. Kind of annoying.

Sohaim

loving the multiplayer, but something is bugging me, how do i earn Loadout Points? where do i see the progress of my next LP?

loving the multiplayer, but something is bugging me, how do i earn Loadout Points? where do i see the progress of my next LP?

Hover over them and it'l tell you. It's X amount of unlocks in each section. So unlocking 13 of 13 guns will give you an LP. It might be unlock everything else in the section first. I'm not sure.

Has Naughty Dog commented on the server load and tickrate? Feels lower than the beta, as I'm getting a lot of "around the corner" deaths and seeing players on both teams react with delays (such as pausing before rolls, freezing up and then an explosion goes off and they are suddenly downed).

Was having fun with several GAF members but it's also super frustrating at times when you unload a gun into someone who is standing still, then they turn around and down you, KO you, and the game says their health is at 100.

What chapter does the last locale that the mp is based on take? I don't want any locale spoiled but I'm also itching to play multiplayer.

What chapter does the last locale that the mp is based on take? I don't want any locale spoiled but I'm also itching to play multiplayer.
Chapter... 10? S
cotland

There are levels using ASSETS from later on but in an incredibly vague way that doesn't resemble the actual levels and obviously it's a big visual downgrade from the campaign. Maybe have someone else confirm but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Chapter... 10? S
cotland

There are levels using ASSETS from later on but in an incredibly vague way that doesn't resemble the actual levels and obviously it's a big visual downgrade from the campaign. Maybe have someone else confirm but I'm pretty sure that's it.
Oh dope I'm already past that part.

I have 500 ND Points

Should i just save for dlc? Im wondering if anything will be hidden behind a paywall

Like there will be new mysticals and weapons...but will they be earnable in game?

I have 500 ND Points

Should i just save for dlc? Im wondering if anything will be hidden behind a paywall

Like there will be new mysticals and weapons...but will they be earnable in game?
They'd be incredibly dumb to do so and they already said they wouldn't but TLOU mp exists.... either way I'd just spend them personally.

Each category gives you a lp, but you have to do something in each category. It's a bit too specific IMO. It just hurts players who have played way less than you

They'd be incredibly dumb to do so and they already said they wouldn't but TLOU mp exists.... either way I'd just spend them personally.

I can see them adding power weapons. We know new mysticals are coming. Im sure theyll charge for them.

Just not sure if theyd charge 500 ND as that's all I have lol

Has Naughty Dog commented on the server load and tickrate? Feels lower than the beta, as I'm getting a lot of "around the corner" deaths and seeing players on both teams react with delays (such as pausing before rolls, freezing up and then an explosion goes off and they are suddenly downed).

Was having fun with several GAF members but it's also super frustrating at times when you unload a gun into someone who is standing still, then they turn around and down you, KO you, and the game says their health is at 100.

This is all normal for a Naughty Dog game.

wilflare

umm not sure if this has been answered
but is there a way to change the skill level preference?
I chose casual but I would like to pick a higher skill level

or does that choice not matter?

pmunk

Having a surprisingly great time with the multiplayer. Haven't gotten past chapter six yet because I'm preoccupied with this.

Game might have more legs than I thought

farmerboy

Happened to me all the time in UC2 and 3, made the MP unplayable. Supposedly (and this may be entirely untrue, I just remember reading it on the forums at the time) it's a counter-lagswitching measure, but it unfairly affects people with low network upload speeds.

Well it does say my upload is borderline. Its about the only thing souring my enjoyment. Other than the fact I'm pretty average!

What perks is everyone using? It seems like I'm getting downed in like 3 shots but my ak takes forever.

Also how do you get more gold coins?

umm not sure if this has been answered
but is there a way to change the skill level preference?
I chose casual but I would like to pick a higher skill level

or does that choice not matter?

It really doesn't matter. It's just for the sake of the intro. When doing the trials later on you can pick 3 difficulties, all which pay out 50, 100, 150 relics.

I haven't been able to get through the whole thread for a simple answer to this, so will ask here.

People are absolutely destroying me with what seems like much, MUCH more powerful guns. Literally tearing me to shreds with a single spray (one on one) vs me having to stay on them forever with a FAL or AK.

Is there some less than obvious progression that leads to much harder hitting weapons that I am missing? I see perks like more ammo to start, etc...but having trouble understanding how so soon after launch people have these very godly weapons.

Can someone help me understand this new MP world where I am always last and end up being shred fodder? :)

AKyemeni

I haven't been able to get through the whole thread for a simple answer to this, so will ask here.

People are absolutely destroying me with what seems like much, MUCH more powerful guns. Literally tearing me to shreds with a single spray (one on one) vs me having to stay on them forever with a FAL or AK.

Is there some less than obvious progression that leads to much harder hitting weapons that I am missing? I see perks like more ammo to start, etc...but having trouble understanding how so soon after launch people have these very godly weapons.

Can someone help me understand this new MP world where I am always last and end up being shred fodder? :)

Headshots.

Top Bottom