• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Yep, that's basically it. If you have auto-aim on (not sure if you even can in MP) then disable it and go for the head.

Cool thanks. I will play again with that in mind.

One more thing - is it possible to create custom loadouts that include grenades? If so I can't seem to figure out how. People seem to be starting with them, but can only seem to do so with preset loadouts.

What does the Combat Revive booster do exactly? The description seemed really vague to me. There's already a booster that increases the speed at which you revive.

What perks is everyone using? It seems like I'm getting downed in like 3 shots but my ak takes forever.

Also how do you get more gold coins?

Stealth 3
Combat Marking 3
I rush and blindfire though.

The only way to get gold coins after you use your free ones is to buy them from the PS Store.

Cool thanks. I will play again with that in mind.

One more thing - is it possible to create custom loadouts that include grenades? If so I can't seem to figure out how. People seem to be starting with them, but can only seem to do so with preset loadouts.

Grenades are located under "gear"

I wish the game still had random treasure drops. Not cash, but trinkets and doubloons and what not. Even if they didn't unlock anything, but just there for the hell of it.

Man they really nerfed mysticals like cintimani and el dorado hard lol

They used to be crazy in beta. But I like the nerf

El Dorado is more of a control mystical, and cintimani feels much more fair

What kind of mystical would you guys like to see added? We are at least getting one this summer

JTCx

Anybody else feel that the shotgun is way too weak? Ive been trying to run with it but i could hardly get any kills off of it. Its suppose to be a close range weapon but whenever im in close quarters the opponent could just roll around me and either pop a grenade run then shoot me to death. The weapon is so slow you're pretty much a sitting duck after your first shot. Why use a shotgun when i can just charge my melee since its more efficient?

Or maybe i need to git gud.

Anybody else feel that the shotgun is way too weak? Ive been trying to run with it but i could hardly get any kills off of it. Its suppose to be a close range weapon but whenever im in close quarters the opponent could just roll around me and either pop a grenade run then shoot me to death. The weapon is so slow you're pretty much a sitting duck after your first shot. Why use a shotgun when i can just charge my melee since its more efficient?

Or maybe i need to git gud.

Maybe the mods make it better? In any case, Im not too fond of shotguns being a primary. Except the pistole, which is a sidearm. Maybe try out the pistole

Shotguns are more fun when they are power weapons. Balancing them as primaries sound annoying

Same goes for snipers. I wish they had a power sniper instead of primaries

Match just cut to black right after I landed a swing KO on a brute and dumped me back to menu with no message or anything, happen to anyone else?

JTCx

Maybe the mods make it better? In any case, Im not too fond of shotguns being a primary. Except the pistole, which is a sidearm. Maybe try out the pistole

Shotguns are more fun when they are power weapons. Balancing them as primaries sound annoying

Same goes for snipers. I wish they had a power sniper instead of primaries

I dont have access to a lot of stuff yet, mainly trying the pre-set choices they got.

zkorejo

I am not really feeling AK. Its a good gun that works great but its just not satisfying to kill like FAL or even Mazur LDR.

I like how we cant purchase hero weapons from ND points but only relics. I wish there were 3 daily challenges. I know Trials give alots but it just feels like a waste of time killing AI when I want to play pvp.

The mysticals and sidekicks which were mostly used in the Beta are now useless. Wrath of El Dorado is absolutely useless now. I have yet to die from one and a few times I used, it felt like it has been slowed down and nerfed to hell. Brute is easy to kill if the opposing teams know how to do it and costs alot of points. I am not complaining as it has made the game much more PVP which is always a good thing.

I have unlocked every weapon and LP but now I am just waiting for the M14 to unlock.

EDIT: Mines are still annoying as hell. It makes you feel so stupid when you are trying to flank a team and one of them gets you just before you reach them.

EL CUCO

In about 2 hrs of play, I think I only played on 2 maps... Madagascar and Auction house.

How many maps did the game ship with? I dont see it listed in the OP.

Decided to finally jump into MP and it has been nothing but a lag fest. Every 15 seconds or so I'm getting the "connection" icon in the middle of the screen and can't do any inputs. I haven't changed anything since the Beta and it was absolutely perfect. My PS4 has always been hardwired so it can't be a wifi issue. My connection on the scoreboard shows full bars and I'm NA East.

What the hell is going on? Are servers just hit or miss? I sometimes notice other players experiencing the same "random stops" that I do.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Probably been mentioned but I keep getting black screens as the matches start up right after choosing a load out. The whole multi section UI runs kind of laggy so far. Game plays fine just everything getting to it is the issue.

zkorejo

Probably been mentioned but I keep getting black screens as the matches start up right after choosing a load out. The whole multi section UI runs kind of laggy so far. Game plays fine just everything getting to it is the issue.

Rebuild database maybe? I haven't encountered any UI related issues yet.

That makes so much sense. Guess I'll deal.
I hate it too but it is what it is. The more annoying thing imo is the 10 relics per win and 0 for losing. It would be nice if they either gave 5 for losing or increased the amount you get for winning a little. ATM you have to win 15 matches to open a chest.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Nice to see all the technical issues from past UC MP games are still present. Party splits, people in the party not being on the same page (ie: someone isn't searching and is stuck in the lobby) long matchmaking waiting times, black screens, and other shit. Aside from those frustrating issues, this MP is very fun.

Plunder could be the mode to play, but as it is, it's not even half as good as past UC MP plunder. All the mystical spam is terrible, and the fact that the idol spawns in the same place is so dumb. I still wish it was 5v5 but the mystical spam is already bad enough with just 4 players, can't imagine with 5. Matches are over way too quickly too. Haven't had any awesome back and forth matches like with UC2 or 3.

I like command. I feel like that mode works pretty well. I still wish we would have gotten Team Objective over this though as Team Objective is the best mode ever. Hopefully it'll get added soon...

zkorejo

I hate it too but it is what it is. The more annoying thing imo is the 10 relics per win and 0 for losing. It would be nice if they either gave 5 for losing or increased the amount you get for winning a little. ATM you have to win 15 matches to open a chest.

If this is on purpose then I guess it is because they dont want us to open more than 2 chests per day.

I can also deal with it but I am sure there will be alot of complains once people run out of relics they got from trials/app.

If this is on purpose then I guess it is because they dont want us to open more than 2 chests per day.

I can also deal with it but I am sure there will be alot of complains once people run out of relics they got from trials/app.
I guess 2 chests a day seems reasonable then. Although still annoying about 15 wins :p that's a good 3+ hours a day.

I'm not that good; I can tell you that now lol

m4st4

After two betas and couple of matches yesterday, I can see myself regularly switching between this and Overwatch for many months.

Has Naughty Dog commented on the server load and tickrate? Feels lower than the beta, as I'm getting a lot of "around the corner" deaths and seeing players on both teams react with delays (such as pausing before rolls, freezing up and then an explosion goes off and they are suddenly downed).

Was having fun with several GAF members but it's also super frustrating at times when you unload a gun into someone who is standing still, then they turn around and down you, KO you, and the game says their health is at 100.
Most "Competitive" Uncharted players don't even know what a tickrate is, therefore they don't care about it.

stryke

Rope punch is so good

euauts.gif

Rope punch is my go to method for dealing with sidekicks due to it being a OHKO, even on brutes.

If there isn't a rope nearby I just leave it because it's not worth bothering with them when someone could flank you while you're distracted

aravuus

I hate the rope punch

I always run under someone swinging around like a fucking schmuck

It's pretty satisfying to pull off yourself, though

aravuus

How was the replay feature in U2? Could you fly around free camera style, could you rewind and fast forward, watch stuff in slowmo etc?

I've already been in some pretty awesome situations, so I hope the replay system's good.

Rudiano

Banned
does anyone know if a Ranking system will come at a later date? feels silly without that in place for a multiplayer game like this, especially when UC2 and UC3 already had it

24hr

does anyone know if a Ranking system will come at a later date? feels silly without that in place for a multiplayer game like this, especially when UC2 and UC3 already had it

I bloody hope so. Even if other people can't see it, it gives me something to work on.

Hale_C

Mines are still annoying as hell. It makes you feel so stupid when you are trying to flank a team and one of them gets you just before you reach them.

I'd be happy if mines were removed from every MP game ever made. I get that in 5% of situations you might get some cool tactical play out of them, but 95% of the time they're just random deaths lying around the map.

I bloody hope so. Even if other people can't see it, it gives me something to work on.

That's what Ranked TDM is for. Except the downside is your progress is half down to the quality of your team, rather than your own advancement.

24hr

I'd be happy if mines were removed from every MP game ever made. I get that in 5% of situations you might get some cool tactical play out of them, but 95% of the time they're just random deaths lying around the map.

That's what Ranked TDM is for. Except the downside is your progress is half down to the quality of your team, rather than your own advancement.

Well I wish you could see what league you're placed in all the time when playing ranked. You have no idea if you are playing with people in the same league as you.

Top Bottom