• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

jwk94

It's faster this way (you only have to download a partial/delta update), but yeah, 5400 RPM HDDs are quite slow when they're preparing data.

24min left...

It's awful. I've noticed that it just got worse as the generation went on. Idk why preparing update takes so long now.

It's awful. I've noticed that it just got worse as the generation went on. Idk why preparing update takes so long now.
Trust me, it's faster, especially if your connection is not fast enough (not that it matters when the servers are getting hammered). I have a PS4 since day 1 and patches used to be a lot bigger, because you had to download everything from the beginning every single time.

If you delete the entire UC4 installation, you'll have to download a ~10GB patch.

edit: It's even bigger (12GB): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226596394&postcount=91

jwk94

Welcome to the VIP Club fam! I guess uncharted 4 vets get a permanent 20% bonus to all relic challenges.
Edit :
Nope it's for anyone who purchases an uncharted points pack.

Foxxsoxx

PSN CDN is a lottery... sometimes you get fast local servers, while other times you get distant slow ones.

Protip: do the "Test Internet Connection" trick, until you get a decent download speed result.

Yeah it turns out the preparing download thing bugged out and it just showed a slow megabyte speed instead until it finished.

Just a few minutes left! It looks like they did a lot of work to fix the economy, that really needed adjusting, nice job ND.

I guess I should buy some UCP:

"VIP Bonus
Purchasing any Uncharted Points pack now awards VIP status, which gives you a permanent 20% bonus to all Relics earned from challenges within Uncharted 4"

inb4
pay2win

They need to explain how this works exactly:

"Any Uncharted Points pack over 300UP now comes with a set of one-use Relic Boosters.
Relic Boosters give you a 300% increase to the Relics earned from completing a Multiplayer match, plus a stacking shared bonus, which all players in the match receive
The more players activate a booster in a match, the bigger the reward for everyone!"

And I guess the 300 UCP pack doesn't give you any one-use relic boosters...

Feels good to have ~9800 relics ready for the update
I got everything from the gameplay chest, except the M4.

It says VIP in the lower right corner next to the relic count.
Thanks.

Now I'm wondering if I should buy the cheapest one (300 UCP) just for the VIP status/20% challenge relic bonus or buy something more expensive for one-use relic boosters... then again, 99% of my friends wouldn't spend money on UCP, so the stacking bonus is pointless.

I can't really say I'm fond of this "haves and have nots" division though. I'd hate it if people invited someone on the basis of having one-use relic boosters or not... it reminds me of DLC maps (you couldn't invite vanilla players if you wanted to play the DLC maps).

Do you get the VIP status retroactively from getting UC coins?
I got a few hundreds UCP from a PSN code, but there's no VIP icon next to my relic count.

People that bought Explorer's Pack (3200 UCP) should get the VIP status retroactively though...

"Any Uncharted Points pack over 300UP now comes with a set of one-use Relic Boosters.
Relic Boosters give you a 300% increase to the Relics earned from completing a Multiplayer match, plus a stacking shared bonus, which all players in the match receive
The more players activate a booster in a match, the bigger the reward for everyone!"

yeah they need to explain that.

Does it include the Explorers pack thing that gives you 3,200 Uncharted points?

I have VIP status and the only Uncharted Points I've had was from the digital pre-order.
Wait, I still have a couple of unused codes from Libertalia... if I redeem them, am I gonna get VIP status?

Contains 13 Items:

Uncharted 4 Phurba Dagger Taunt (Game Pack)
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

Uncharted 4 Weapon Skins – Golden (Game Pack)

Uncharted 4 Thomas Tew Sigil Hat (Game Pack)

X Heist Drake Multiplayer Skin (Game Pack)
X Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

Uncharted 4 Weapon Skins – Desert (Game Pack)

Uncharted™ 4 Madagascar Sidekick Skins (Game Pack)

Uncharted 4 Henry Avery Sigil Hat (Game Pack)

Desert Drake Multiplayer Skin (Game Pack)

Uncharted™ 4: A Thief’s End Dynamic Theme (Theme)

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Skin (Game Pack)

X Uncharted 4 Weapon Skins – Snow (Game Pack)

Uncharted 4 Adam Baldridge Sigil Hat (Game Pack)

X 300 Uncharted™ Points (Game Pack)

Contains 3 Items:

X 300 Uncharted™ Points (Game Pack)

X Heist Drake Multiplayer Skin (Game Pack)

X Uncharted 4 Weapon Skins – Snow (Game Pack)

SSReborn

Co-op is really fun I'm glad they added it I always though the SP didn't have enough in terms of gun fights but this just adds it as a mode which is awesome. Really like the intro videos that play when you start co-op reminds me of those special intro videos that played in the beginning of Uncharted 3 mp.

Hopefully at some point they allow us an option to just play survival without the progression as a seperate mode ala co-op arena in uc2. That would add to the experience even more!

test_account

XP-39C²
First impression of survival mode: hard as FUCK! I played on hard, so i expected some challenge, but once i got to level 8+, damn. Enemies takes a lot of hits and you run out of ammo quickly, and its easy to get killed. The warlord is also really hard with all the enemies in addition.

That said, i'm sure that its much about strategy. Once you level up, you get to buy more stuff. I basically just went with weapon pickups that the enemies dropped.

bombshell

First impression of survival mode: hard as FUCK! I played on hard, so i expected some challenge, but once i got to level 8+, damn. Enemies takes a lot of hits and you run out of ammo quickly, and its easy to get killed. The warlord is also really hard with all the enemies in addition.

That said, i'm sure that its much about strategy. Once you level up, you get to buy more stuff. I basically just went with weapon pickups that the enemies dropped.

I'm not sure, but I don't think they want you to start on high difficulty. If you check the unlocks, your character get permanent buffs (more health, higher damage output) regularly from leveling up your co-op level. So difficulty actually gets easier as you level up.

Drencrom

Yes. More characters on screen and A.I routine going on compared to standard online multiplayer.

That's too bad, as long as it's stable 30fps I'm okay though.

An adaptive FPS mode for people who don't care that much about framedrops could be an option imo, kinda like what's Infamous Second Son and KZ:Shadowfall.

Is it just me or does this sound a lot like "pay to win" for you guys as well?

Dundar

Soooo..... VIP for explorer pass buyers? Anyone? I also got a UCP code from Amazon (300UCP iirc) but I dunno. Still updating.

Top Bottom