• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Haven't had chance to play yet, but just wondering: if you unlock a colour preset from a chest is that for all characters/outfits or just a specific one? Because I'm fine with just getting 25 of them from the chests but if it's for each then that's more than a little ridiculous.

Of course you have to unlock every color for every character individually -- it's the only reason why the DLC Vanity chest was lowered to 300.

Foxxsoxx

Finally played Train Wreck on MP and got some serious Uncharted 2 vibes. Feels good man.

Prison also seems to be a great map, lots of vertical movement and some long sightlines.

Everyone on my list is loving it.

The framerate not being 60 sucks but it isn't a dealbreaker. Though I do wish they would give us the option to disable some settings for better framerate perhaps? Disabling V-sync and such like Rainbow Six Siege does might work.
It's not a matter of graphics, otherwise Pro could deliver 60 fps with more than double the GPU power.

It's the A.I. code (lots of NPCs) that keeps both the Campaign and Co-op stuck at 30 fps.

PvP only has a few sidecocks here and there, so 60 fps is easier.

Murkas

So I have a relic challenge, take down 15 enemies with the Aegis 9mm, yet I can't buy it in survival? Is it dropped from an enemy? Also my grenade relic challenge is always 0/15, this gotta be done in one wave?

I want that premium DLC vanity chest...

bombshell

So I have a relic challenge, take down 15 enemies with the Aegis 9mm, yet I can't buy it in survival? Is it dropped from an enemy? Also my grenade relic challenge is always 0/15, this gotta be done in one wave?

I want that premium DLC vanity chest...

It sounds like both your challenges are MP challenges. I think the Survival grenade challenge I could choose yesterday was 30 KO's, definitely more than 15. Do they say "Survival:" in the text?

You need to set your challenge preference to "Survival only" or "Survival/MP" in order to get Survival challenges.

Murkas

It sounds like both your challenges are MP challenges. I think the Survival grenade challenge I could choose yesterday was 30 KO's, definitely more than 15. Do they say "Survival:" in the text?

You need to set your challenge preference to "Survival only" or "Survival/MP" in order to get Survival challenges.

I switched it to Survival only from Multiplayer+Survival, unless they were always multiplayer challenges and I gotta pay the relic points to switch them? That kinda makes sense.

bombshell

I switched it to Survival only from Multiplayer+Survival, unless they were always multiplayer challenges and I gotta pay the relic points to switch them? That kinda makes sense.

In my experience so far all survival challenges say "Survival:" as prefix.

Yeah, if you had those two challenges already before you changed the preference, they are for MP.

bombshell

Are PvE/Survival challenges doable or should I switch them to PvP/MP challenges only?

I think they are easy.

But beware that you don't choose a weapon specific challenge with a weapon that you haven't unlocked to buy in the arsenal yet . The survival unlock menus are deceiving and show weapons you have unlocked in MP, but when you're in a survival match they're co-op level locked.

I think they are easy.

But beware that you don't choose a weapon specific challenge with a weapon that you haven't unlocked to buy in the arsenal yet . The survival unlock menus are deceiving and show weapons you have unlocked in MP, but when you're in a survival match they're co-op level locked.
Then I guess I'll stick to PvP challenges, until I level up in PvE. I haven't unlocked anything yet.

I'm really curious, are weapons/gear/mysticals the same in Co-op?

I mean, I would expect them to be buffed in PvE compared to PvP, i.e. grenades should have a larger radius, just like in the Campaign.

Back in UC3, Competitive nerfs also applied to Co-op, which is really crap... they should be separate.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does the mode scale depending on if you only have two people? Can't seem to find any full games.

Yes. I ran multiple waves by myself, with another, and with two others. Running it by yourself is clearly the easiest. Everything does more damage.

bombshell

Yes. I ran multiple waves by myself, with another, and with two others. Running it by yourself is clearly the easiest. Everything does more damage.

In regards to just getting through alive or getting 3 stars?

I'd say the difficulty is the opposite in regards to getting 3 stars. With 3 players you can kill enemies much faster all over the map where in solo you get much more down-time from running around the map to get to the enemies.

I haven't played multiplayer in months, so what weapons/boosters should I use/avoid?
I'm a pistol/handgun sort of person. Are handguns useful right now or should I get something else?

meppi

In regards to just getting through alive or getting 3 stars?

I'd say the difficulty is the opposite in regards to getting 3 stars. With 3 players you can kill enemies much faster all over the map where in solo you get much more down-time from running around the map to get to the enemies.

Yeah I'm barely getting one star on my own.
Then again, I've been away from this game for 6 months or so.
Certainly not easy to get those 3 stars that way.

jwk94

So I haven't touched Uncharted MP at all (kinda) but I really want to play the co-op stuff. Any tips?

Boot up Uncharted and start playing! Nah, but practice those headshot. A headshot kill gives you extra money in Survival. Also, save mysticals and power weapons for the bosses.

Zebroneath

Neo Member
The new King of the Hill mode is alright, but it has the same problem as Plunder where very good players will needlessly prolong the match when they are dominating just to get more points/exp. Was stuck in a lobby for 15 minutes where that was the case.

They really should just implement the "Forfeit" option in every game mode if this keeps happening. It's getting tiresome and that a game mode that's been here since launch still hasn't fixed this is mind boggling, considering the fact that this was fixed in TLOU:MP for Interrogation. :/

Ozorov

Boot up Uncharted and start playing! Nah, but practice those headshot. A headshot kill gives you extra money in Survival. Also, save mysticals and power weapons for the bosses.

Yeah, seems like you're doing fine if you just played the single player.

Ozorov

Lol, the host leaved the game so it changed host. After that I could get 1000 gold from each "sword-thing", I did that. Then it broke the game and I got a error :D

Nev

Banned
Yeah I don't think I can tolerate the 30fps. I don't have a problem with single player games but this is fucking headache inducing, especially when I've been playing the same experience at 60fps for months. It's just horrible. Let me play the thing at 720p if that's what it takes, but don't force this sloppy mess on us after 6 months of 60fps.

Foxxsoxx

It's not a matter of graphics, otherwise Pro could deliver 60 fps with more than double the GPU power.

It's the A.I. code (lots of NPCs) that keeps both the Campaign and Co-op stuck at 30 fps.

PvP only has a few sidecocks here and there, so 60 fps is easier.

Yes, but V-sync definitely causes framerate loss.

Again Rainbow Six Siege does the same thing because Terrorist Hunt uses some pretty advanced AI which is why it is 30fps instead of 60 like the MP. Turning off V-sync though GREATLY increases your performance, and is allowed as an option even on consoles.

It is very likely a CPU issue and that could potentially fix it. The thing is that we don't know if the framerate would be steady or in huge flux.

Yeah I don't think I can tolerate the 30fps. I don't have a problem with single player games but this is fucking headache inducing, especially when I've been playing the same experience at 60fps for months. It's just horrible. Let me play the thing at 720p if that's what it takes, but don't force this sloppy mess on us after 6 months of 60fps.
Lower resolution wouldn't help either. It's more CPU-bound than GPU-bound.

We really need a (Ry)Zen CPU on the PS5, lol.

Yes, but V-sync definitely causes framerate loss.

Again Rainbow Six Siege does the same thing because Terrorist Hunt uses some pretty advanced AI which is why it is 30fps instead of 60 like the MP. Turning off V-sync though GREATLY increases your performance, and is allowed as an option even on consoles.

It is very likely a CPU issue and that could potentially fix it. The thing is that we don't know if the framerate would be steady or in huge flux.
Even if they remove V-sync, it still won't be locked 60 fps.

If OG PS4 can have 30 fps, then maybe Pro can have 40 fps at most (33% CPU overclock). Then again, Sony has mandated OG/Pro framerate parity in MP games (IMHO it should not apply to PvE, since there's no competitive advantage).

PS4 devs have access to 6.5 (out of 8) Jaguar cores and ND already squeezes every juice out of them. It's the same reason why the Uncharted 4 Campaign will never be able to reach 60 fps (unless we get a PS5 remaster patch or something).

WinFonda

the performance on survival is AWFUL... i'll hold out my opinion of it until they make some more optimizations, because it really needs it... on standard PS4 anyway.

hopefully they can do work for the PS4 Pro version too, because I feel like that should be 60FPS for survival, or an absolutely smooth 30FPS... but maybe it's a CPU bottleneck.

Ozorov

the performance on survival is AWFUL... i'll hold out my opinion of it until they make some more optimizations, because it really needs it... on standard PS4 anyway.

hopefully they can do work for the PS4 Pro version too, because I feel like that should be 60FPS for survival, or an absolutely smooth 30FPS... but maybe it's a CPU bottleneck.

I play on Pro and yeah it's far from optimal. When the real MP is 60 is gets really noticeable.

Murkas

Stupid question but how do me and my friend play as villains in survival? When I played it offline yesterday I was a villain and when I play with my friend we're always heroes, can we actually choose?

bombshell

Stupid question but how do me and my friend play as villains in survival? When I played it offline yesterday I was a villain and when I play with my friend we're always heroes, can we actually choose?

I can't seem to play as heroes in solo, but when in a party lobby you can freely change team with R2 before entering a survival match.

LOLOL

So I finally started kicking ass with a random

We did so well I attempted to look them up in my Recently Played With list

...only to find it was my AI teammate the whole time!

Holy crap its so much easier when playing by yourself

Nev

Banned
I hope the reason they haven't brought back classic yet is because they're making every mode classic and dumping all of the new garbage into one shitty mode.

5 modes and all of them are fucking unbearable crap full of bullshit revives, hunters and mystical shit. It's the fucking worst. I'd rather have the U3 kickboom era than this piece of shit.

BRING CLASSIC BACK. Jesus fucking christ is it too hard to please us with ONE mode free of the new vomit-inducing additions? I bet they're too proud to admit that it was more succesful than the other modes so they just quietly swept it under the rug. F. off really.

Foxxsoxx

LOLOL

So I finally started kicking ass with a random

We did so well I attempted to look them up in my Recently Played With list

...only to find it was my AI teammate the whole time!

Holy crap its so much easier when playing by yourself

Yeah its pretty sad when your AI survives and kills more than human randoms lol.

Level 34 in co-op now. Feels good man. I kept trying to do stage 5 on hard with randoms and they must be super underleveled because they keep getting one shot by the bosses. I keep telling them on mic to shoot and scoot because the bosses will destroy them if they don't constantly move away from them and of course they just kept rushing them over and over ):

RocknRola

The new Survival mode is just what I needed to get back into the MP! YEESS! Much fun! Made it to 40th wave with a buddy right now(had to stop because we both need to get up quite early) and it's just awesome. Super addictive too.

Love the fact that the maps change, forcing you to basically find new spots and constantly adapt; the waves are very much balanced (at least until the 40th wave). They get harder and harder, but never in a "bullshit" way, you always know/feel you can beat them if you do something different; the War Lords are AMAZING!!! They make for very fun boss battles! Love that they use mystics. The one from the 40th wave was super duper hard already, can't wait to see what's next!

All in all, awesome update! And I still need to try King of the Hill too.

test_account

XP-39C²
Got to level 50. I think one guy was too low level because he/she kept dying the most. Almost had the warlord, down to ~20%, but that was the closest.

I hope the reason they haven't brought back classic yet is because they're making every mode classic and dumping all of the new garbage into one shitty mode.

5 modes and all of them are fucking unbearable crap full of bullshit revives, hunters and mystical shit. It's the fucking worst. I'd rather have the U3 kickboom era than this piece of shit.

BRING CLASSIC BACK. Jesus fucking christ is it too hard to please us with ONE mode free of the new vomit-inducing additions? I bet they're too proud to admit that it was more succesful than the other modes so they just quietly swept it under the rug. F. off really.
Whats with the hyperbole?

RocknRola

...Wut...

I mean, different strokes for different folks but damn....why do you even play it at this point? If you really feel like that, might as well just put it down.

Rajang

Loving this update.

Love the classic music, the new prison map, the lowered price of the chests and the COOP mode.

And I even got lucky with the gameplay dlc chest this time. First try and I immediately got the weapon I wanted: M4 (which is a great weapon btw).

crocDAa.gif

Murkas

Having a blast with this ,on level 19 and cleared wave 35 before me and my friends called it a night.

Third warlord is intense, is there a certain strat for it or is it literally
headshots only
for him?

A third person makes things so much better, with just 2 people we found ourselves getting overrun quite quickly.

Also is there a limit on challenges or something? My kill 30 enemies with grenades was just stuck on 20/30 and wouldn't go up despite me killing with grenades.

I can't seem to play as heroes in solo, but when in a party lobby you can freely change team with R2 before entering a survival match.

I swear it kept making us villains whether our names were in blue or red. I'll check again tomorrow.

Top Bottom