• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm not sure, but I don't think they want you to start on high difficulty. If you check the unlocks, your character get permanent buffs (more health, higher damage output) regularly from leveling up your co-op level. So difficulty actually gets easier as you level up.
Yeah, i guess thats the idea. Currently playing on medium now, much easier. I'll come back to hard when i'm at a higher level :)

That's too bad, as long as it's stable 30fps I'm okay though.

An adaptive FPS mode for people who don't care that much about framedrops could be an option imo, kinda like what's Infamous Second Son and KZ:Shadowfall.
Seems to be stable, at least on my PS4 Pro.

900p still?
No idea. I guess 1080p on PS4 Pro at least, but i cant really tell the difference on my TV (40" 1080p LCD).

Is it locked 30 fps on OG PS4 and 60 fps on PS4 Pro?
30fps on Pro too.

300% is 15 x 3 = 45 relics per match and it's not a permanent boost.

You could argue that it's pay2win, but is it really worth it to spend money for a temporary boost?
You get 20 Relics/win (TDM).
I get what you're saying; I still think it sucks. But you are right, it could be a lot worse (actually I don't see how it could be any worse).

MP relics give you a one-time only boost and now you can earn them quicker if you pay money.
Oh well, if you guys are ok with this then who am I to judge.

I get what you're saying; I still think it sucks. But you are right, it could be a lot worse (actually I don't see how it could be any worse).

MP relics give you a one-time only boost and now you can earn them quicker if you pay money.
"All Multiplayer matches now award 15 Relics regardless of win or loss"

Actually it's a "participation award" this time around... win or loss, it doesn't matter anymore.

I expressed my opinion here (haves and have nots): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226603267&postcount=6832

I'm still not sure if it's as bad as paying for UC3 "tournament" tickets... god, that was fucking horrible and 100% P2W.

I bought the game from the Canadian store, but i'm playing on my UK account. Will i be able to use Uncharted points bought on the UK store?

test_account

XP-39C²

I dont think that the boosters change the gameplay to any noticeable degree. I've played the multiplayer for maybe 150 hours or so and i think i've used one booster. I got like 13 of each booster in my inventory, but i dont use them.

I redeemed one of my 2 codes from Libertalia and I didn't get VIP.

So, I bought 300 UCP from the PS store and now I got it... well played, ND.

Gonna start Co-Op right now. Not sure how joining works but I'll just leave my username in case anyone wants to play. (Edit: Nvm gotta wait to install MP again)

PSN: BrickArts295

ron_bato

Gonna start Co-Op right now. Not sure how joining works but I'll just leave my username in case anyone wants to play. (Edit: Nvm gotta wait to install MP again)

PSN: BrickArts295

I'll be adding you on my friends list.

If anyone is interested too, my PSN ID is ron_bato,

G-Bus

Banned
Got in a couple rounds of coop this afternoon.

Really liking it even if I find it insanely hard. Playing on medium BTW. Haven't played uncharted for a while so gona chalk it up to being a bit rusty.

Lots of fun. Should keep me entertained for a while. Still wish it had splitscreen.

2 people on my team activated an one-use relic booster and then they ragequit... now tell me, how stupid is that?

I stayed in a lopsided (2v5) match, only because I expected to get a bigger reward, but I only got 15 relics. I hope this is a bug or else I ain't staying in matches like this one.

TripOpt55

Did the first 15 waves on Survival solo this afternoon. Really cool. I like that you can just do five levels at a time and come back later. Easier to squeeze some in here and there. Upgrading for harder difficulties will be fun too. Lot of stuff to work towards. I decided to spend some of my Uncharted points on the Warrior Elena outfit. I will try and unlock the rest normally. I was a little bummed to realize that the 300 relic chests include all the color variations. Makes the drop in price a little less exciting. I did a few of those chests and mostly just got colors.

Looking forward to trying King of the Hill and the new maps in competitive.

Grisby

Co-op is fun and i keep forgetting apparently how smooth UC4's gunplay is. Jumped in for a few rounds of mp too.

Still kind of wish there was a proper co-op story mode like UC2-3. Man, such a shame they didn't add it in. The little talkin's with Sully during each round and the little intro's are cool.
Anybody else hate these splash screens? They interrupt loading.
They're kind of amateur. Well, expect the profile pics.

Rated-G

So I have a challenge to get 30 grenade KO's in Survival, but it stopped counting at 9. I thought maybe it was because I was playing solo, so i went in to matchmaking but it's still not counting. Anyone else having an issue with Survival challenges?

Foxxsoxx

So I have a challenge to get 30 grenade KO's in Survival, but it stopped counting at 9. I thought maybe it was because I was playing solo, so i went in to matchmaking but it's still not counting. Anyone else having an issue with Survival challenges?

I haven't had a challenge yet but that is definitely weird...

Survival is awesome but Jesus if matchmaking doesn't give me the most braindead teammates I've ever seen, I swear they've never played a video game in their life.

Rated-G

I haven't had a challenge yet but that is definitely weird...

Yeah, I've tried everything from restarting the game, to resetting my PS4 on the off chance it might fix it but no matter what I do it's not counting. I've probably done over 130 grenade KOs at this point.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah, I've tried everything from restarting the game, to resetting my PS4 on the off chance it might fix it but no matter what I do it's not counting. I've probably done over 130 grenade KOs at this point.

Can you cancel and switch it to another challenge?

TripOpt55

Played through the first seven stages of Survival. I love it. Going to go through solo first. Even on moderate it can get pretty hectic. I can't imagine what Crushing is like. I noticed your AI partner changes based on who you pick to play as and Nadine's partner is Chloe. Kind of like a preview of the new game!

Also got my first Rage medal tonight. Hadn't gotten one of those since the previous games. Ended up with 17 straight downs. 18 downs/19 KOs and one death. One of my best matches. Great night of Uncharted! Loving this update!

Caleranatior

Neo Member
Haven't had chance to play yet, but just wondering: if you unlock a colour preset from a chest is that for all characters/outfits or just a specific one? Because I'm fine with just getting 25 of them from the chests but if it's for each then that's more than a little ridiculous.

Foxxsoxx

Is this the general consensus ? Because I've been having a blast.

Everyone on my list is loving it.

The framerate not being 60 sucks but it isn't a dealbreaker. Though I do wish they would give us the option to disable some settings for better framerate perhaps? Disabling V-sync and such like Rainbow Six Siege does might work.

Does the mode scale depending on if you only have two people? Can't seem to find any full games.

I do not believe so.

Top Bottom