• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

FiggyCal

Banned
Brutes really aren't that hard to deal with... That is if your team wants to deal with them. If you have two guys emptying clips into a brute's head -- they'll go down pretty quickly. Not to mention you can call your own. I actually prefer using the sniper.

Edit: Have I mentioned how terrible the shotgun is? Because it's downright garbage and there's no reason it should cost more than the AK.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Relic points are only good for vanity items, one time boosters, hero guns, and sidekick stuff right? Best use is vanity since you unlock others while playing and it's permanent?
From that perspective yes.

I've seen some that wanted to optimize getting the hero weapons early because some have very high requirements.

Edit: Have I mentioned how terrible the shotgun is? Because it's downright garbage and there's no reason it should cost more than the AK.
It's going to get looked at by the designer. It has been acknowledged it needs a buff.

Raxus

My only complaint about the brute is how they sometimes can spot you while having their back on you and just 180 and shoot right away. No other complaints.
Explosive awareness is great for command.

Level 1 is nice. Levels 2 and 3 are needlessly expensive and don't do anything to benefit you more than your average ability.

I felt if you defuse a mine it should at least regen a chunk of your gear meter.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There's really no incentive for the team that is losing to stay for the entire match now that I think about it, which is probably the reason why there's so many quitters throughout the match. The losing team should be able to get some relics for sticking out. I'm thinking maybe increase the relics for winning a match to 15 and at least make the losing team get 5 relics or something. As it is right now, it's pretty much pointless for the losing team to stay when they get nothing out of it.

todahawk

From that perspective yes.

I've seen some that wanted to optimize getting the hero weapons early because some have very high requirements.

It's going to get looked at by the designer. It has been acknowledged it needs a buff.
hot damn, nadine's silenced shotty will be waiting... and here i thought it was a waste of a hero chest.

There's really no incentive for the team that is losing to stay for the entire match now that I think about it, which is probably the reason why there's so many quitters throughout the match. The losing team should be able to get some relics for sticking out. I'm thinking maybe increase the relics for winning a match to 15 and at least make the losing team get 5 relics or something. As it is right now, it's pretty much pointless for the losing team to stay when they get nothing out of it.
Yeah, they need to work on that. Had a match where everybody but one person left on the opposite team. Spent the rest of the match chasing that single person til time ran out. Wasn't that fun tbh.

I'll take that ranked win, tho.

Even 10/10 win or lose.

I know they want people to buy coins but that's still 15 matches you have to play to open the cheapest chest.

I'm trying to build some varied classes, but I feel punished every time I use anything other than the AK or MP34. These guns are so much more useful than anything else that is ridiculous.

Man fuck brutes and their crazy vision

On open maps, the team can hide around and have brutes lay down bullshit unending fire

It becomes so frustrating trying to kill enemies in open areas like that

Im also seeing more people use the choker

Rudiano

Banned
Im glad the multiplayer is getting some bad feedback here, its fun but it has a lot of flaws that needs to be addressed by ND. Hopefully they see this thread

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
By the way, is it possible to make the screams from characters who fall down to their death louder? They're screaming off the top of their lungs, and you can barely hear them. Make them like UC3 cuz the screams are so hilarious that everyone needs to hear them in all their glory!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nearly have all the vanity items now, but the chests have gotten really stingy. I've only got skins and preset outfits left, and each vanity chest only gives me one. By my count, I need 21 more chests and then I'll have all the vanity items that are currently available.

I think it'd be a good idea if you could pick which skin or preset you want to use during the character selection phase (rather than it being locked to whatever you had setup beforehand), and the game should allow you to make your own custom presets for the occasion. I like wearing the right outfits for the right maps. Winter gear for Scotland, suits for the Auction House, that sort of thing.

Im glad the multiplayer is getting some bad feedback here, its fun but it has a lot of flaws that needs to be addressed by ND. Hopefully they see this thread

Too bad ND isnt on here. The Uncharted forums is pretty negative too, but they complain more about mysticals, which I actually really am okay with

Sidekicks are just dumb. You cant make the a.i reliable. Either they do dumb things because they are dumb, or they have bullshit omniscience.

Id say going through with a.i in the first place shows ND just made a really dumb design choice that wont leave the core game

The game is plenty chaotic as is without adding a.i that cheeses the core, solid mechanics

Despite the mystical hate, they are still player inputs. A.i just does its own thing

Probably over a day but not two yet.

Mine says 5 days and 23 hours. I might have played 2 at this point but I doubt it.

I've got a friend who has played less than me and it says that he's played for 7 days and 19 hours.

At this point, even if they do fix it it would probably reset so you'll never know the actual playtime.

SharkJAW

I'm getting an error initializing session manager when trying to start MP. Is there a maintenance going on that I don't know about, or is the problem on my end?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Randoms are terrible today. I just wanna get past Diamond rank II. Hope they'll be better when I get back home.

Having to use sidekicks and pistols and heavy weapons to unlock load out points is tiresome. I want to play a certain way and yet am forced to use these stupid abilities to make a class

Having to use sidekicks and pistols and heavy weapons to unlock load out points is tiresome. I want to play a certain way and yet am forced to use these stupid abilities to make a class

Yep. Bullshit design choice

Seriously, it's so bad and frustrating. Why should I have to use sidekicks to get on equal footing with other players?

I hope they patch that. Let me buy LP with relics.

Forcing players to play something they dont want is so frustratingly bad MP design

Nearly have all the vanity items now, but the chests have gotten really stingy. I've only got skins and preset outfits left, and each vanity chest only gives me one. By my count, I need 21 more chests and then I'll have all the vanity items that are currently available.

I think it'd be a good idea if you could pick which skin or preset you want to use during the character selection phase (rather than it being locked to whatever you had setup beforehand), and the game should allow you to make your own custom presets for the occasion. I like wearing the right outfits for the right maps. Winter gear for Scotland, suits for the Auction House, that sort of thing.

The fuck is this Naughty Dog? Good thing I'm saving up for Hero Weapons.

Rope kill the sidekicks. I should do that more often. Easy quick $200.

Cant if they are far away in an open field and you have opponents waiting for you to pop your head out. Sure you can throw down your own brute, but that just adds to the pointlessly random chaos and takes away from the PvP aspect

In smaller maps, or when alone, the Brute can definitely be taken dowm with easy rope melee

But good players throw down brutes to hide behind

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The fuck is this Naughty Dog? Good thing I'm saving up for Hero Weapons.

Well normally they give you skins alongside 'smaller' vanity items like taunts, hats, or weapon customizations, but I've already unlocked all of those so now I just get the skins. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately, I've already completed all the trials and I got all of the app relics while they were still exploitable (got around 7000 relics from it in total), so now I'm just waiting for daily challenges to fill up my relics, 'cause win bonuses aren't worth squat.

I just had a bug where my XP or whatever it is reset. I now have to unlock all my level 2 and 3 boosters. Ugh.

I had nearly all of them at level 3. I can't believe I'm going to have to grind through this ridiculous system again.

Luckily, it hasn't affected my guns or anything else... Yet.

Edit: Spoke too soon. I just need to get the XP again. Not grind through the specific booster challenges.

Spizz

Banned
I just had a bug where my XP or whatever it is reset. I now have to unlock all my level 2 and three boosters. Ugh.
Damn, that really sucks, sorry. :(

I remember back in the Uncharted 3 Subway thing I hit 35 and had some good stuff when I was randomly reset back to 1 with nothing.

Is there something that combats Stealth 2?

I have it equipped and was just in a match where I was constantly getting marked, which shouldn't happen unless it's by the Staff.

Is there something that combats Stealth 2?

I have it equipped and was just in a match where I was constantly getting marked, which shouldn't happen unless it's by the Staff.

I've had this problem with Stealth 3. I wonder if the special marking skills bypass it at max rank. I noticed El Dorado marked me one game too.

It should be more clear as to what "marking" is to be honest as far as skills go.

skelekey

So uhh, is hip firing broken? I feel like it's broken. I get killed so fast with hip fire. It's crazy.
Maybe it's just me.

Hip fire has been a thing in Uncharted since the beginning. I just run people over with hip fire if they're close enough. But yeah, maybe, except it's a bad idea in this game to try to hip fire explosive weapons.

Hip fire has been a thing in Uncharted since the beginning. I just run people over with hip fire if they're close enough. But yeah, maybe, except it's a bad idea in this game to try to hip fire explosive weapons.

Only played TLoU online, never an Uncharted til now.

So is regular melee ever useful here? Charged melee has its uses, but if I can down a close enemy faster with hip fire than by doing the 3 hit melee, then I don't see the point of ever doing melee.

I feel like seeing enemies on spawn should be a booster. I dont like it at all

Also, it's crazy annoying how I sometimes spawn close to the entire enemy team, and my team spawns together on the opposite side

Id rather just wait longer to spawn

I've had this problem with Stealth 3. I wonder if the special marking skills bypass it at max rank. I noticed El Dorado marked me one game too.

It should be more clear as to what "marking" is to be honest as far as skills go.

I looked through the other options and didn't see anything that would suggest you'd get marked with stealth equipped.

It's only happened one match out of many that I played so maybe it's a glitch.

Elixist

ive played quite a bit, my main complaints: this game needs dedicated servers even though it has good netcode. host advantage just needs to go away, its not fun on either side of the fence. need a solo q with no teams. need picking up treasures too be cleaner alot of the time its laggy or you press triangle and u dont pick up what u wanted too. all modes need the side treasures its just a fun mechanic to travel around and grab em and it feels sucky when their not on the map. some of the weapons need to be decided how they want to be balanced, ranged wise, u shouldnt be sniping with the ak. i'd like to see some levels get another pass add some more routes and slides and stuff would be fun. remnants and rooftop come to mind as being kinda boring ,at least visually, compared to others, pirate level is amazing.

Top Bottom