• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

If anyones friends asks them to sum up Uncharted 4. Just show them this clip that sums it up in less than 15 seconds.

Naughty Dog created brilliant movement, maps, and a new brilliant rope mechanic to traverse and attack and yet what we've ended up with is this. . .EVERY. . . SINGLE. . .MATCH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wizQ-0kbPcw

No idea how to embed a video on this forum.

Pretty much this. Horrible mechanic. A moving net, for all intents and purposes. Game would be better without them.

If anyones friends asks them to sum up Uncharted 4. Just show them this clip that sums it up in less than 15 seconds.

Naughty Dog created brilliant movement, maps, and a new brilliant rope mechanic to traverse and attack and yet what we've ended up with is this. . .EVERY. . . SINGLE. . .MATCH.

This post makes me cringe. Yeah fair enough you don't like them, but what's the point in posting videos of you acting stupid as if it in some way demonstrates some evidence against them? It doesn't reveal anything other than the fact that you pretty much chose to get grabbed by the hunter.

The hunter is designed to outrun players and you chose to run in a straight line away from him. If you had climbed or complicated his path finding, you wouldn't have been been grabbed by him. It doesn't help that UC4 is a very team orientated game, and you appear to have isolated yourself which really restricts the number of options you have. Running mid would have probably saved you, or maybe not as your team mates were busy dying to something else. The video demonstrates the cascading consequences of poor performance and decision making by you and your team.

You didn't die because the hunter was summoned. You died because of an interaction between a variety of circumstances, including the decisions you yourself made. Your team mates being dead, you having isolated yourself, you have chose not to climb down from the stairs (if you climbed you would have escaped the hunter as he does not climb most areas) all played a role there, and I think using that clip to represent to anyone how Uncharted 4 plays is very misleading.

This post makes me cringe. Yeah fair enough you don't like them, but what's the point in posting videos of you acting stupid as if it in some way demonstrates some evidence against them? It doesn't reveal anything other than the fact that you pretty much chose to get grabbed by the hunter.

The hunter is designed to outrun players and you chose to run in a straight line away from him. If you had climbed or complicated his path finding, you wouldn't have been been grabbed by him.

Doesn't help that UC4 is a very team orientated game, and you appear to have isolated yourself which really restricts the number of options you have. Running mid would have probably saved you if your team mates weren't busy dying.

Either way, it's not as if this occured due to a single action. You didn't die because the hunter was summoned. You died because of an interaction between a variety of circumstances the decisions you yourself made. Your team mates being dead, you having isolated yourself, you have chose not to climb down from the stairs (if you climbed you would have escaped the hunter as he does not climb most areas) all played a role there, and I think using that clip to represent to anyone how Uncharted 4 plays is very misleading.

Not at all misleading. It speaks for itself. You spend most of your game fighting AI that you end up being shot by a player. That's just how U4 is.

Not at all misleading. It speaks for itself. You spend most of your game fighting AI that you end up being shot by a player. That's just how U4 is.

Your experience of U4 is seemingly worlds apart from my own, however if the video you posted is anything to go by it's rather clear why that would be the case.

Maybe if instead of complaining about the systems (which are unlikely to change), you took some time to understand them, then you wouldn't make mistakes as frequently as the video suggests you appear to. Which in turn, would lead to a reduced sense that you were being dominated by the AI, and perhaps you'd be able to have more fun with the game.

The Lamp

I don't. And I find your post misleading. The AI are almost never outnumbered by the players on the map so no you do not spend most of your game fighting AI, and they go down in seconds. I didn't even see a single sidekick in my last plunder match. What a drama.

I don't. And I find your post misleading. The AI are almost never outnumbered by the players on the map so no you do not spend most of your game fighting AI, and they go down in seconds. I didn't even see a single sidekick in my last plunder match. What a drama.

Please upload the video of you shooting a brute dead in seconds without 3 enemy players firing at you while you're distracted.

Thanks in advance (for the video you'll never upload)

Please upload the video of you shooting a brute dead in seconds without 3 enemy players firing at you while you're distracted.

Thanks in advance (for the video you'll never upload)

What are you trying to prove? He said 'in seconds', he can upload whatever length video he likes and he wouldn't be wrong, haha.

They tend to die in sub 5 seconds if your shooting alone, but it depends what you do. Rope swing and they go instantly. Charged melee causes them to drop less than half health instantly too, explosives take half their health, team shooting causes them to go down incredibly fast though and that's generally the approach people should take where possible. I don't let them distract me from combat with players but if I have a spare moment I put a burst or two into them and with a little help from team mates they're gone.

Foxxsoxx

What are you trying to prove? He said 'in seconds', he can upload whatever length video he likes and he wouldn't be wrong, haha.

They tend to die in sub 5 seconds if your shooting alone, but it depends what you do. Rope swing and they go instantly. Charged melee causes them to drop less than half health instantly too, explosives take half their health, team shooting causes them to go down incredibly fast though and that's generally the approach people should take where possible. I don't let them distract me from combat with players but if I have a spare moment I put a burst or two into them and with a little help from team mates they're gone.

This. Yeah they can be annoying sometimes but they don't ruin the game at all. They just need some minor tweaks.

If you hipfire enough on someone and you are nearing the end of your clip in your ammo, melee them. This is called steelfisting, where you hipfire somebody and melee them to finish them off. Really great in general as it will or should only take one melee to down them after pumping them with some hipfire.

That's actually a good tip. Thanks.
I just never hip fire in this game's mp. I'm not sure why. I feel like it wouldn't work.
It obviously does though.

I'm starting to lose count of the times I hold R2 and my gun fires sporadically instead of at full auto and i die
Yeah, this started to happen to me last night, including not firing at all in some cases, which is of course, a fatal problem in a shooter.

Reminded me of the issue with launch controller triggers, and the inputs not being recognized by some games, like GTA V and HellDivers. Felt like the same thing - I'd hold down fire, but either the gun wouldn't shoot or else it would just struggle to fire one or two shots off seemingly at random.

Otherwise I had some fun with the game. Some of the maps feel overly simplistic, I still haven't gotten a handle on melee so CQB battles can look like an awkward ballet of the drunk and confused, and I'm surprised at just how much the sidekick AIs are driving the flow of combat. Still, it handles like a dream for the most part otherwise.

Is it just me or are other players a hell of a lot easier to take down than sidekicks? Even with more players on the field than AI, its the AI that an be the toughest to deal with.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That's actually a good tip. Thanks.
I just never hip fire in this game's mp. I'm not sure why. I feel like it wouldn't work.
It obviously does though.
Different weapons have different hipfire accuracy values and cover gives a huge buff to blindfire accuracy.

What's the consensus on handguns? Can you do well with it being your main weapon? I've been using one to unlock the LP point. Needless to say I'm not doing as well as I did with the AK.
I do well with the Para 45, but I tend to always lose to the AK in a shootout. I'm guessing handguns, no matter which you use, can't beat the AK?
Or am I overlooking something?

Also, what mods do you guys use? I tend to get a bigger clip for the Para 45. Mostly because I sometimes can't down and KO someone with a normal clip. I always need a few extra bullets.

I should probably work on getting headshots more.

What's the consensus on handguns? Can you do well with it being your main weapon? I've been using one to unlock the LP point. Needless to say I'm not doing as well as I did with the AK.
I do well with the Para 45, but I tend to always lose to the AK in a shootout. I'm guessing handguns, no matter which you use, can't beat the AK?

Also, what mods do you guys use? I tend to get a bigger clip for the Para 45. Mostly because I sometimes can't down and KO someone with a normal clip. I always need a few extra bullets.

The para is great. You can main with it

SDR-UK

I use nothing but the Para .45 and find it absolutely amazing, I can of course down someone using any other weapon just due to the fire rate and some decent strafing. I would recommend Sam's Para .45 because it has reload speed and the extra clip size which is all you ever need from this gun.

I would recommend working on strafing a lot and being unpredictable whilst doing so as well as working on getting more headshots. It'll all come together, I'm sure.

What is the step up like from hard to crushing? I have played a few of the fights in hard and they werent too bad, I am wondering how it is on crushing.

Raxus

What is the step up like from hard to crushing? I have played a few of the fights in hard and they werent too bad, I am wondering how it is on crushing.

It is a notable step up because ammo conservation begins to play a role but it is still very manageable especially with advanced knowledge. Plus, you can use cheats so that makes it super easy.

I was thinking I was in the single player thread too, my bad. I want to try the campaign on crushing, but was trying to figure out the jump from hard.

SDR-UK

I'm wondering what maps the Dogs plan to add will be? Prison... Orphanage... The towers in Madagascar...

They could add two from the prison: Avery's Cell area (albeit a little altered) and the actual prison yards.

I personally want something akin to the Ship Graveyard from the single player, that was amazing to play through.

I use nothing but the Para .45 and find it absolutely amazing, I can of course down someone using any other weapon just due to the fire rate and some decent strafing. I would recommend Sam's Para .45 because it has reload speed and the extra clip size which is all you ever need from this gun.

I would recommend working on strafing a lot and being unpredictable whilst doing so as well as working on getting more headshots. It'll all come together, I'm sure.

I don't know anything about heroic weapons. I'm guessing you have to use that specific character with that gun to unlock it?
After you unlock it can you use that gun with any character?
I ask because I'm an Elena/Rafe guy.

SDR-UK

I don't know anything about heroic weapons. I'm guessing you have to use that specific character with that gun to unlock it?
After you unlock it can you use that gun with any character?
I ask because I'm an Elena/Rafe guy.

It's based on how many downs you get with that particular weapon and after unlocking all of the mods for the weapon, you'll start unlocking the hero versions of the weapon.

Oni Jazar

Every single match? Sounds like you're going lone wolf too much. That would never happen if you stayed with the group.

It's based on how many downs you get with that particular weapon and after unlocking all of the mods for the weapon, you'll start unlocking the hero versions of the weapon.

How much do you have to play mp to unlock a heroic weapon? I've been playing enough to do every challenge since day one and still haven't unlocked one.
Is there an indicator anywhere?

SDR-UK

How much do you have to play mp to unlock a heroic weapon? I've been playing enough to do every challenge since day one and still haven't unlocked one.
Is there an indicator anywhere?

It's something like 350 downs with the Para .45 to unlock the first hero weapon.

You can check your progress by selecting the sidearm on the load out and clicking modify and then scrolling down the list to the mods you have yet to unlock as well as the hero weapons all the way down the bottom. It'll show you how many downs you have currently as opposed to how many you need.

does the female brute say "fuck that" sometimes i swear ,heh, i hear it. also i wish the gear was levelable its fun to grind all the stupid upgrades. im shallow dont judge me.

My hunter says it and it's either that or "fight back". I can't tell which it is and I would love subtitles for that reason and also so I could understand all of Eddy Raja's comments!

nel e nel

Your experience of U4 is seemingly worlds apart from my own, however if the video you posted is anything to go by it's rather clear why that would be the case.

Maybe if instead of complaining about the systems (which are unlikely to change), you took some time to understand them, then you wouldn't make mistakes as frequently as the video suggests you appear to. Which in turn, would lead to a reduced sense that you were being dominated by the AI, and perhaps you'd be able to have more fun with the game.

Well, to be fair, between your video of you going 20-0 in the UC4 beta and you talking about getting 60+ kills in PvZ:GW2, you are on the savant side of the multiplayer spectrum. Maybe keep in mind that not everyone is as good as you instead of making GIT GÜD posts.

It's something like 350 downs with the Para .45 to unlock the first hero weapon.

You can check your progress by selecting the sidearm on the load out and clicking modify and then scrolling down the list to the mods you have yet to unlock as well as the hero weapons all the way down the bottom. It'll show you how many downs you have currently as opposed to how many you need.

Holy crap, I just checked and I only have 128 pistol kills. I have a ways to go.

Absolutely misleading. You seem to have no idea what you're doing. Maybe play with friends or you know, stick with your team and actually use traversal mechanics?

Holy crap, I just checked and I only have 128 pistol kills. I have a ways to go.
I think you only need 175 Para downs to get Sully's Para.

The para is great. You can main with it
Para is so ridiculous. I started to use it as my main because of a post on this thread and I haven't used a long gun since. I really want Drake's Para because of the combination long clip and silencer.

Side note, what's with the ranked playlist putting me on the team that's favored to lose?? My first five unranked matches were pretty one-sided. Only managed to win two. Is it because of parties, maybe?

Shredderi

I'm so bad with pistols. Trying to get the LP point and I get max 3 kills in matches where I use nothing but pistol as a weapon lol. With AK I'm starting to get the hang of it but I can never win a duel with a long gun and taking on 2 players at the same time is not only out of the question, it's out of this universe.

I weirdly do best while using the para 45 as my main. For some reason none of the long rifles are any good for me. It actually sucks because I need to finish unlocking the rest of the long guns but every time I use a long gun I have a worse game than if I just run my pistol class.

Well, to be fair, between your video of you going 20-0 in the UC4 beta and you talking about getting 60+ kills in PvZ:GW2, you are on the savant side of the multiplayer spectrum. Maybe keep in mind that not everyone is as good as you instead of making GIT GÜD posts.

I do understand that a players ability is a factor but at the same time it's not about how good he is but his mindset. Instead of isolating what he and his team did wrong to cause the incident in his video he highlights it as an issue with the game. It's demonstrative of an external locus of control that doesn't lead to much advancement in regards to ones own abilities and it's very easy to see why someone would have a hard time with any experience that was distinct from their expectations with that in mind.

I also don't think understanding the games systems is beyond the capabilities of even a below average player. He could have survived the hunter in the video, and he wouldn't have needed to be good at the game to do so.

skelekey

Is it just me or are other players a hell of a lot easier to take down than sidekicks? Even with more players on the field than AI, its the AI that an be the toughest to deal with.

Yes, all of them.

AI's usually aren't completely alone like the video posted above either. I track my hunter to get an easy kill. The hunter arrives first and while the enemy is distracted, or better yet grabbed, I take them out. I doubt there's anyone here hasn't died as a result of AI unless your running in a very good squad. If you got downed after taking out AI even if the AI didn't directly down or get you. More than likely that AI is the reason your dead. It's misdirection at it's finest. I can always see where the hunter is on the map. Unless something happened to me on the way, killing my hunter/brute is not going to be easy as nobody is spawning their sidekicks and then taking a cigarette break.

Irish

Man, watching my saved matches is kind of a weird experience. I spin my camera around like a maniac and almost never stop moving. Hell, I'm almost never looking in the direction my character is actually running and I seem to roll around or vault over every single piece of cover in the map in a given match.

I weirdly do best while using the para 45 as my main. For some reason none of the long rifles are any good for me. It actually sucks because I need to finish unlocking the rest of the long guns but every time I use a long gun I have a worse game than if I just run my pistol class.

I main the .45 as well and would suggest using the MP34 as your long gun if you're going for your 700 downs with it. It's not nearly as accurate, but the clip size and fire rate make up for it.

Top Bottom