• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Elixist

I wish ND was called out on using pvp

#1 sony studio and can't even give us dedicated servers. Like, why?

the biggest problem and this happened in gears 1 too, is when enemy team is all local friends and one of them has host, good luck with his 0 ping and his buddies 10 ping to your 80

skelekey

Only played TLoU online, never an Uncharted til now.

So is regular melee ever useful here? Charged melee has its uses, but if I can down a close enemy faster with hip fire than by doing the 3 hit melee, then I don't see the point of ever doing melee.

Well, it beats the shotgun.

Elixist

does the female brute say "fuck that" sometimes i swear ,heh, i hear it. also i wish the gear was levelable its fun to grind all the stupid upgrades. im shallow dont judge me.

ron_bato

Have not had a great set of matches today due to the white plug of death.

Just sucks the fun out of the game when I get stopped due to the lag.

Also, fuck mines yo. I have adjusted to them and get caught by them less now but they are annoying as fuck.

B.O.O.M

Brutes arent too bad. Just steer clear and aim for the head with popshots.

As for mines, yeah just screw mines.

Not when it comes to the last stretch of objective/control mode games. The opposing team will spawn multiple brutes near the area. And unless I have gone crazy, ND in fact buffed these fuckers since the beta with better accuracy and damage. It makes the games just much less fun.

At least we can all agree on 'fun mines'

Are ranking matches totally broken? Out of 7 games I played lost 6 because we had less than 5 people on our team. In two games it was just two of us agains 5 people on the other team... I gave up on this mode after last game was 10:40...

Christos

I experienced a very strange visual bug yesterday in MP.

My character was being rendered at 60 fps and so was the world. Yet my teammates and the enemy team were rendering at 10-15 fps. It looked like a slideshow. There was no lag whatsoever. It went away on the next game.

Anyone else experience something similar?
I experienced the same thing yesterday but it only affected one enemy player.

Foxxsoxx

Not when it comes to the last stretch of objective/control mode games. The opposing team will spawn multiple brutes near the area. And unless I have gone crazy, ND in fact buffed these fuckers since the beta with better accuracy and damage. It makes the games just much less fun.

At least we can all agree on 'fun mines'

I do definitely think there should be a limit to how many can be spawned at once.

Grinchy

Banned

Honestly they really should get shit for this. It's a $60 game with microtransactions. Look at the $20 Rocket League. It's often at 100K+ concurrent players and it offers dedicated servers to everyone.

They sell cosmetic DLC throughout the year to make more money and probably to pay for the servers. The microtransactions in this game could serve the same purpose. I just can't justify the PS+ price, $60 games, and microtransactions yet still having P2P servers.

Miggy

Cant if they are far away in an open field and you have opponents waiting for you to pop your head out. Sure you can throw down your own brute, but that just adds to the pointlessly random chaos and takes away from the PvP aspect

In smaller maps, or when alone, the Brute can definitely be taken dowm with easy rope melee

But good players throw down brutes to hide behind

Yeah, I'm not going to rope melee sidekicks every time I see them. Only when it's necessary.

Are ranking matches totally broken? Out of 7 games I played lost 6 because we had less than 5 people on our team. In two games it was just two of us agains 5 people on the other team... I gave up on this mode after last game was 10:40...

ND needs to enforce some punishment for people leaving matches during ranked matches. Either that or at least a forfeit option that avoids the loss of points to the people who stay.

the biggest problem and this happened in gears 1 too, is when enemy team is all local friends and one of them has host, good luck with his 0 ping and his buddies 10 ping to your 80
That's why lag compensation exists. It "equalizes" latency among different connections. Who told you the host experiences zero latency? LOL

Dedicated servers won't solve anything lag-wise (laggers always gonna lag), it's just that disconnections are minimized because the "host" is a server with an optical fiber connection, guaranteed UPS power supply and there is no need for Open NAT.

NJD316

Neo Member
Think I've been very lucky with my Vanity Chest drops. Haven't spent a penny and gotten Doomsday Drake, Concert Cutter and all of the Nadine outfits. Would be nice to unlock Chloe soon though.

test_account

XP-39C²
They would still get 80ms ping to your connection though. If i set up a server and have 0ms ping, it wont benefit me if every other player has 500ms ping. I would still see them lagging.

Elixist

That's why lag compensation exists. It "equalizes" latency among different connections. Who told you the host experiences zero latency? LOL

Dedicated servers won't solve anything lag-wise (laggers always gonna lag), it's just that disconnections are minimized because the "host" is a server with an optical fiber connection, guaranteed UPS power supply and there is no need for Open NAT.

well the host has the best connect so it might as well be 0 and people closest to that connect will have better ping, and ive had host on this game a bit and its just like gears, feels way easier to kill people and easier to escape too, cause dmg reports to your screen super quick. its good code, but in the long run i just like the peace of mind of dedicateds, no host advantage,

well the host has the best connect so it might as well be 0 and people closest to that connect will have better ping, and ive had host on this game a bit and its just like gears, feels way easier to kill people and easier to escape too, cause dmg reports to your screen super quick. its good code, but in the long run i just like the peace of mind of dedicateds, no host advantage,
Are you saying that lag compensation does not exist in ND netcode? Have you played previous ND online games (Uncharted 2-3 & TLOU)?

Do you know why retroactive kills (getting killed by someone that you killed 1-2 secs earlier) are possible?

And how do you know that you're hosting a match? (apart from being a party leader in a 5-man party and even in that case, it's 50/50 if you get pitted against another stacked party)

Not sure why I'm still awake right now, considering my eyes are burning from being open with how tired I am...

However, wanted to thank everyone for the good attitudes and great time we had today. Several hours across two different groups with a large majority of command, plunder, and TDM being wins. Many close games as well and even the few losses were fun.

Will post the weird glitches and epic moments tomorrow when I am conscience enough to trim the clips and upload.

Elixist

Are you saying that lag compensation does not exist in ND netcode? Have you played previous ND online games (Uncharted 2-3 & TLOU)?

Do you know why retroactive kills (getting killed by someone that you killed 1-2 secs earlier) are possible?

And how do you know that you're hosting a match? (apart from being a party leader in a 5-man party and even in that case, it's 50/50 if you get pitted against another stacked party)

im sayin imo id rather have dedicated servers. i kno because ive played alot and it feels alot crisper (guns and dmg report) all the sudden, maybe im wrong. we can agree to disagree if you'd rather have p2p

im sayin imo id rather have dedicated servers. i kno because ive played alot and it feels alot crisper (guns and dmg report) all the sudden, maybe im wrong. we can agree to disagree if you'd rather have p2p
I've played games with dedicated servers (i.e. Killzone Shadowfall) and it feels the same to me. Dedicated servers don't fix crappy connections.

Elixist

I've played games with dedicated servers (i.e. Killzone Shadowfall) and it feels the same to me. Dedicated servers don't fix crappy connections.

theres advantages for both for sure, and dedis can have varying quality too, they probably made the right call if they dint have the resources to do quality dedis, end thread whining. they do deserves some praise for how the good the p2p code is, i'd put it third behind the king guerilla red faction and 2nd place halo reach of games i've played alot of.

Wabba

This game feels so smooth, if they are good with releasing updates for this game i can see myself playing this for a long time. Still think there should be more customization for the outfits, you should be able to change colors.

Dont know if i am lucky or not but i have unlocked every character for vanity chest.

SSReborn

This game feels so smooth, if they are good with releasing updates for this game i can see myself playing this for a long time. Still think there should be more customization for the outfits, you should be able to change colors.

Dont know if i am lucky or not but i have unlocked every character for vanity chest.
I think they don't allow for the color customization or w.e so that you don't mix up the colors for characters and can easier tell teammates from and enemies and just to see enemies better in general.

gotta say, intially I was like this mine daily challenge is difficult then I went to plunder and had a blast. so funny putting it near the chests :)

MP unlockables ain't as good or 2-3 because they killed that sense of progession or how you think you're progressing but the game is very good

if someone in ND is reading this; maybe patch in a graph/sphere grid thingy that tells you where/how the skill path is going. You cannot see anywhere how/what you're advancing and it makes it kinda errrr.

nel e nel

I experienced a very strange visual bug yesterday in MP.

My character was being rendered at 60 fps and so was the world. Yet my teammates and the enemy team were rendering at 10-15 fps. It looked like a slideshow. There was no lag whatsoever. It went away on the next game.

Anyone else experience something similar?

Yeah, and it was on a ranked match too. Enemy player was stuttering all around the map. Interesting thing is that their connection indicator in the lobby was only 1 bar. We lost a player so the server started searching for another player, and then magically they had full bars. I ended up quitting because the lag was so bad and losing rank points. Thankfully it was my first of the initial 5 matches.

Relic points are only good for vanity items, one time boosters, hero guns, and sidekick stuff right? Best use is vanity since you unlock others while playing and it's permanent?

My advice is get the mystical and sidekick mods. You can unlock them in play but the requirements are ridiculous. Then you can just focus on vanity chests.

Drencrom

I think they don't allow for the color customization or w.e so that you don't mix up the colors for characters and can easier tell teammates from and enemies and just to see enemies better in general.

They could always just give us a few select color options.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I use relics for vanity items.

400 for hero weapons is fucking crazy. Too much for me.

1 time boosters are useless. Good when I finally max out everything I suppose.

Mods are ok. But I dunno. Vanity is so cheap.

Also, I honestly think you should get 25 relics for a win, 10 for a loss. 10 for a win is pathetic.

Naughty Dog should have gotten more shit for the stuff they've done in their MP games for years now. Other games/studios get skewered for similar stuff.

Anyways, play 5 qualifying matches for ranked. Somehow get immediately put in to Gold 3. 'Yay'

It's my own fault for playing with randoms but it's 2016 and people still don't get how to play a domination game mode. 95% of all games in that mode are 'entire team runs around in a circle and has at most 1.5 zones capped at one time'.

Revven

So is regular melee ever useful here? Charged melee has its uses, but if I can down a close enemy faster with hip fire than by doing the 3 hit melee, then I don't see the point of ever doing melee.

If you hipfire enough on someone and you are nearing the end of your clip in your ammo, melee them. This is called steelfisting, where you hipfire somebody and melee them to finish them off. Really great in general as it will or should only take one melee to down them after pumping them with some hipfire.

SSReborn

If you hipfire enough on someone and you are nearing the end of your clip in your ammo, melee them. This is called steelfisting, where you hipfire somebody and melee them to finish them off. Really great in general as it will or should only take one melee to down them after pumping them with some hipfire.
Speaking of this, do you guys think they will add the special animations back from the older games?

This is funny. I run hunter all day at about mid match. I usually have about $3000 or more at that point. I can then drop hunters in at will, usually right after I get the notification that my hunter has died, and hell, right in front of the enemy as they downed my hunter. These guys are amazing. I mowed down four guys once because they can't sit behind cover. My team is coming or is usually behind me or nearby so they have to pick a target. I'm a good player so they're usually screwed. The best counter to a hunter is a brute I've found as they rapidly dispose of the hunter, so I've learned to sit back until we can take out the brute, and then it's open season again. The hunter is so versatile, better than that lousy staff because he actively seeks out trouble. It's like sicking a dog on people. He clears mines, not without damage of course, but who cares, I'll drop another one. They're so cheap. And once he grabs you, if you're alone, I'mma kick you in the nuts and crack a bottle, or hell sometimes I crack a bottle and then shoot you in the face with Eddy Raja for full effect.

I'm not saying that they're useless, just that they are not determinant of success. In most cases the people playing on gaf are playing in parties, or of themselves, slightly above average, that doesn't mean that particular purchasable are overpowered merely because the opposition gets destroyed by them. Even semi-capable teams can be caught off guard by them if the match is close and they're unexpected.

But at the same time, there are so many hard counters to them that I don't feel that anyone who's good at the game is likely to feel that any purchasable, be it sidekick, mystical or anything else, is a determinant of success. Good players will just respond with their own items or strategies that counter these resources.

In my 10 hours or so playing I've been downed by a brute once or twice, and by a hunter only once. I just run staff and FAL and rely on gunplay to carry me through, and for the most part it works. The way people post here is as if sidekicks dominate the experience, which just seems odd to me as I don't seem very affected by them. My KO : Down : Death ratio is at 9.0 in TDM and pretty much the same within ranked, invariably if I die it's to gunplay, not any particular gimmick, as they always tend to be circumvented either by a particular strategy (e.g. brutes, mines or even a grenade is a hard counter to hunters) or focused team work when playing in a squad.

Then they roll and your melee whiffs and they kill you because you've no ammo in your clip and they're out of melee range. I've killed so many people like that it's unreal.

Personally I would say don't start blindfiring someone unless you can be sure that your weapon has the capacity to kill them.

If anyones friends asks them to sum up Uncharted 4. Just show them this clip that sums it up in less than 15 seconds.

Naughty Dog created brilliant movement, maps, and a new brilliant rope mechanic to traverse and attack and yet what we've ended up with is this. . .EVERY. . . SINGLE. . .MATCH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wizQ-0kbPcw

No idea how to embed a video on this forum.

Top Bottom