• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

So I went back to U2 MP for nostalgic reasons. OH HELL NOW. I'll take this MP with half ass content than to go back to U2 MP XD.

Then again, playing a game of just guns v guns without any mysticals, sidekicks, BS powerplays or metal kickbacks was welcoming for once and actually took some skill to get kills. ND better bring back hardcore/classic mode, they need to take advantage of the awesome 60fps and smooth as hell animations.

Well, UC2's MP really doesn't exist anymore, so you couldn't have actually played it. You just got that garbage 1.05+ shit.

Foxxsoxx

tried out the MP today and i thought it was pretty fun. too bad so much stuff needs to be unlocked.

Better than having paid DLCs, definitely the better route to go. Some of the stuff does require a bit of grinding though, looking at those hero weapons.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Loved the beta and love this, I just find myself disinterested in how there is no real ranking system. The ranked matches are a joke too on how it rates you based on win loss and not on how you perform. Cant help if it my team is awful half the time. Nothing more aggravating then going 12/12/4 and losing points for some reason.
The placement matches rate individual performances. Unfortunately for solo players that doesn't carry over.

Foxxsoxx

The placement matches rate individual performances. Unfortunately for solo players that doesn't carry over.

Naughty Dog is considering adding a ranking system back in, there is a thread on the forums with a video giving their reasoning why it isn't implemented (they felt too many games did it and were getting tired of it), but they don't mind adding it back on if enough people want it back.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Naughty Dog is considering adding a ranking system back in, there is a thread on the forums with a video giving their reasoning why it isn't implemented (they felt too many games did it and were getting tired of it), but they don't mind adding it back on if enough people want it back.
They have a ranking system. What people are asking for is a progression system.
I don't care for progression. I play the games not for some pointless progress bar to justify me wasting my time.
I just want good skill based matchmaking so I don't get matched against players or with players that are way better or way worse because I enjoy playing the game when it's relatively close.

Being number on my team in a game that is this team based and doesn't allow for great carrying is not that fun for hours.

EVO

The white plug of doom is really killing my enjoyment of the multiplayer. It's brilliant when it works, but most matches for me are now plagued with connection issues. How they fuck are there no dedicated servers? Or at least the ability to force matchmaking with nearby players. For such a well polished single player game the multiplayer seems rushed by comparison.

B.O.O.M

Played the MP for the first time today. Few things

1. What the actual fuck did they do to El Dorado? This version feels weak and useless as hell! Why did they ruin it? Beta version was perfection

2. Fk mines. I can't believe they didn't take those out. Just does not fit with the gameplay style of UC at all.

These two things are really messing up my initial impressions..and I absolutely loved the beta too :(

EJStyleS

Is it me or have they completely nerfed the Mettler? Was rolling in the Platinum I tier, come back after a few days and languishing in mid-table Gold III...lame. Everyone seems to have moved to the sub machine guns.

idonteven

whats wrong with the servers today ? been getting that white thing in the middle of the screen each match

and now i got removed from the game...wtf ?

and the game keeps putting me in shit teams that are losing 10-30

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I still find the Mettler to be very deadly. It isn't OP like it was in the beta.

Overall, I gotta say.... Most of the guns are really well balanced. The only gun that sucks imo is the shotgun. I can do good with every other weapon.

I spend roughly 15 minutes joining games that are literally unplayable with lag then leaving, then joining, then leaving etc until I can find a game that actually works. UK based, PS4 added to DMZ, 55 down, 6 up. No other game I own gives me trouble like this. It's really starting to piss me off. It wouldn't, if I didn't enjoy the game but it's such a struggle to get a playable fucking game.

zkorejo

Do silencers reduce damage?

No. It doesnt effect anything from what I have seen.

All stats remain the same when you add a silencer. That plus the Mazur LDR still takes 1 headshot to down and 2 body shots, FAL takes 3 bursts (when in good range) with the silencer.

Oh, so the white plug isn't just an issue I'm facing? Such a joy breaker. Imagine getting your wins and then this annoying warning just makes you open for season shooting and easy kills I just want to throw my controller at the screen.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Got the white plug too in a match. Weird cuz I've never gotten it before. It went away after I took cover for about a minute.

I still find the Mettler to be very deadly. It isn't OP like it was in the beta.

Overall, I gotta say.... Most of the guns are really well balanced. The only gun that sucks imo is the shotgun. I can do good with every other weapon.

the last assault rifle seems to completely diminish the ak.
the xcr is pretty awesome in close combat and it is currently my favourite weapon. 100 downs left for more blind fire accuracy. the thirst pistols are pretty great to compensate the long range.
the first sniper a pretty good combination with the uzi. I use the health packs and it works great if you try to stay a little bit behind team mates.

ranked still sucks if you are a lone wolf or just a team of 2 members.
the "casual" mode works a little bit better, but people really don't know how to revive someone properly. they either get themselves killed or don't do anything at all and after a couple of matches you can see that teams with more revives are winning significantly more.

Trials:

Crushing Hunter was really quite difficult, took ages to get it. Finally did it via a combo of heavy weapon bonus points, picking up treasure and a well place grenade.

Fun as though. Having a go at trials.

Oh, so the white plug isn't just an issue I'm facing? Such a joy breaker. Imagine getting your wins and then this annoying warning just makes you open for season shooting and easy kills I just want to throw my controller at the screen.

It happened in UC2 a lot for me but it is happening much less here. I think it is an indication that someone is lagging because when I do get it everyone has a red bar.

How the hell do you do the trial for Savior on crushing? Like seriously, I thought I was doing amazing this one time - constantly reviving people right and left with the sidekick, killing lots of people, and by the time ran out, I noticed my score was only 3400.. not even close. :/

How the hell do you do the trial for Savior on crushing? Like seriously, I thought I was doing amazing this one time - constantly reviving people right and left with the sidekick, killing lots of people, and by the time ran out, I noticed my score was only 3400.. not even close. :/

you get bonus gold if you kill with heavy weapons. try the close range heavy weapon and just blindfire the ai to death by rushing towards them.

Spizz

Banned
I can't find any info anywhere, do we know what we're getting multiplayer wise with the Triple Pack? Do you get any extra relics or points for purchasing it?

24hr

What is this 'white plug' people are talking about? I have not encountered it once. Is it just a connection issue?

AKyemeni

What is this 'white plug' people are talking about? I have not encountered it once. Is it just a connection issue?
It's what happens when you're going through severe packet loss. It's designed go stop people from appearing to lagswitch. It's not really based on upload and download speeds.

Revven

I can't find any info anywhere, do we know what we're getting multiplayer wise with the Triple Pack? Do you get any extra relics or points for purchasing it?

No, you only get "early" multiplayer unlocks and then the single player DLC.

bombshell

Triple Pack

For those of you who purchased the Triple Pack (also included in the Digital Deluxe Edition), you’ll gain future access to:

The first-ever single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series
Two multiplayer packs to enhance your multiplayer experience:

MP Pack #1 includes:

Long Gun
Booster
Skin
Hat
Taunt

MP Pack #2 includes:

Pistol
Booster
Mystical
Hat
Taunt

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...u-need-to-know-about-uncharted-4-multiplayer/

Anyone else feel the controls are a bit unresponsive/sluggish? I feel like I always have to double tap, circle or triangle in order to get them to work. and in crucial moments this gets annoying as hell.

Also wth is wrong with the savior? there's been numerous times when I've been downed and he literally just stands there and watches me die...

Spizz

Banned
No, you only get "early" multiplayer unlocks and then the single player DLC.

Triple Pack

For those of you who purchased the Triple Pack (also included in the Digital Deluxe Edition), you’ll gain future access to:

The first-ever single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series
Two multiplayer packs to enhance your multiplayer experience:

MP Pack #1 includes:

Long Gun
Booster
Skin
Hat
Taunt

MP Pack #2 includes:

Pistol
Booster
Mystical
Hat
Taunt

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...u-need-to-know-about-uncharted-4-multiplayer/
Ah ok, thanks!

todahawk

The Spezzotti shotgun is garbage. I shot a guy basically point blank 4 times and he still didn't go down.

Ugh, and I just got Nadine's silenced shotty from a hero chest :(
Shorties really need a buff.

Anyone else feel the controls are a bit unresponsive/sluggish? I feel like I always have to double tap, circle or triangle in order to get them to work. and in crucial moments this gets annoying as hell.

Also wth is wrong with the savior? there's been numerous times when I've been downed and he literally just stands there and watches me die...

Yep, i've had the savior stand around at times, same with the hunter. I've had the hunter standing in one spot and unresponsive multiple times. Tried switching from follow to hunt and still nothing.

controls seem to crap at odd times too, tend to remember the ones that lead to death. trying to go into cover and won't.

Shredderi

I highly enjoy customizing characters visually in games so the one thing the game needs ASAP is the option to customize the colours of vanity items. I enjoy playing with colours and there would be many good vanity item combos if I could adjust the colours of them :(

Two matches in a row locking up for few minutes before refreshing itself back to looking for players.

My biggest gripe is getting stuck on geometry that is so minor in the middle of the playing field.

test_account

XP-39C²
How does the ranked match works? I had 8-6 and i got -18 points (already at the lowest ranking, still got -18 points). How much do you actually need to get +points?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Man, you guys weren't kidding about the revolver. I love revolvers, I was so excited to finally try out the Jackel ... and it takes four shots at point blank range to down someone, five (it seems) at long range. With six bullets in the cylinder, a slow rate of fire, and long reload time. Yeesh.

At this point I'll just settle for a no brutes mode. Fuck brutes. Fucking fuck them.

Was winning a game and then the enemy team whips out three brutes and suddenly starts steamrolling us.

It just shows how stupid the inclusion of bots are in this.

We played against the same party of 4 or 5 last night for 5 or 6 games; most of the games were close, ending in 40-39/38, except two of them:

- one where they had 2-3 brutes out almost always, which they won by 10 or so.
- the other where we had 2-3 hunters out almost always, which we won by almost 20.

There's a wonderfully skillful and pretty well-balanced game buried underneath the mountain of botmagic bullshit.

Top Bottom