• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

I do understand that a players ability is a factor but at the same time it's not about how good he is but his mindset. Instead of isolating what he and his team did wrong to cause the incident in his video he highlights it as an issue with the game. It's demonstrative of an external locus of control that doesn't lead to much advancement in regards to ones own abilities and it's very easy to see why someone would have a hard time with any experience that was distinct from their expectations with that in mind.

I also don't think understanding the games systems is beyond the capabilities of even a below average player. He could have survived the hunter in the video, and he wouldn't have needed to be good at the game to do so.

Some people just want a PVP PVP.

Where you run from real people, and not AI.

Stantron

I don't usually switch up challenges, but 30 kills with the spezzoti? Lord give me faith.

I had the 20 shotgun kills for 320 relic points challenge. I paid 50 to change it to 16 raffica kills for 420 relic points. Good trade; that shotty is hot garbage..

wtf

if you have a brute and have enough money for another brute, your first one will die. if this were the case couldn't they just say "full" when you try to get a brute? my first one had full health too

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ok anyone wanna team up, because i'm tired of carrying teams with 3K+ scores while the rest of my team has at most 1500 points with some weak link little shit doing 3-6 hundred and making us lose the match. I've ranked up and down from diamond III multiple times cause of this shit. -_-

bitbydeath

Had a bizarre glitch while playing yesterday.
Tried healing someone but didn't get the option.
Shot someone down and tried kicking them but no amount of kicks would take them out.
Noticed people weren't reviving, ended up down to a team of 3 so we just taunted each other for a bit as the other team had 0 left.

Eventually one of the 3 just collapsed, so I taunted over them. I later flipped over and fell to the ground where the entire game sped back up and went into fast forward where all you could hear was gunfire and explosions going off everywhere til the end menu popped up.

We won though!

PSYGN

wtf

if you have a brute and have enough money for another brute, your first one will die. if this were the case couldn't they just say "full" when you try to get a brute? my first one had full health too

Scratched my head on that one, too. It's even listed as a tip in the loading screen that that would happen. Programmers being inherently lazy and all.

Who ever thought this ranking system was a good idea should be fired from naughty dog.

I get screwed and can't play with my friends in ranked TDM because they are I higher rank

bitbydeath

I've got a stupid challenge where I need to mark 80 people. 80!?

I'm usually too busy shooting to ever mark anyone that task is going to be around for a long time.

Burning4

Neo Member
I have to get mine downs for my challenge today, anyone have any good tips/tricks I could use?
I have been using mines almost exclusively since day 1, or whenever I got them. Point is I have spent a lot of time using them.

Hide them in the grass when possible. Placing them at the top of frequently climbed ledges and on the ground at the end of ziplines is also a reliable method I have found. Depending on the mode you should consider placing them around treasure/command points/or the enemies idol goal. Always try to obscure them from sight though. Placing them just at the edge of blind corners and in smaller entryways that can act as mini choke points is a good tactic to force people into triggering them. Then each map also has its own ideal places for them. In Auction House for example I have seen a lot of success by placing them in the fountain (Command Point B) and by the cars in the parking lot, especially the one right beside Point A. The mine goes off and takes that person down, but the car also blows up which sometimes gets you a second person.

The Lamp

Who ever thought this ranking system was a good idea should be fired from naughty dog.

I get screwed and can't play with my friends in ranked TDM because they are I higher rank

I'm in the same position. I'm trapped in bronze purgatory and can never progress because pubs don't do teamwork and my friends can't play with me

Scratched my head on that one, too. It's even listed as a tip in the loading screen that that would happen. Programmers being inherently lazy and all.
the tip said a brute will suicide if you summon another one? that doesn't sound like a good idea at all

ron_bato

I hate this system of having to unlock loadout points by using equipment I would otherwise leave alone (specifically the handgun and the heavy weapons).

Any tip on which heavy weapon is the best to create the most downs? I've used the grenade launcher but have been ineffective, and the machine gun takes way to many shots to down and isn't really to accurate.

Is the para 45 a good handgun to run with (i mean not that i have a choice since it's the only one available right now), how do you guys use it?

Also, anyone from asia want to play and party up, add me on my psn: ron_bato. I'll play around 7 pm HK time onwards.

LaneDS

I've got a stupid challenge where I need to mark 80 people. 80!?

I'm usually too busy shooting to ever mark anyone that task is going to be around for a long time.

Make a load out with marking and mark on damage boosters, you'll upgrade the boosters and probably get a lot more marks than you expect.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I think it's amazing that I usually come out of a game #2 or #3 on my team with a even or below K/D but I have like 15+ assists and 5+ revives. Support is a legitimate way to get points. Even if half the time it's from spamming Stones in the last 30 seconds of the game :heh.

Lucentto

Banned
I have playing online for a while, and my impressions after playing many hours is poor. Don't get me wrong, the game is fun online, but nearly everything else surrounding it is poor.

Ranked Team Deathmatch for starters. Why is my individual rank determined by the performance of my team? That doesn't make any sense. No matter how well I do, it doesn't matter if my team loses.

I'm not sure what ND was thinking on the unlock methods for multiplayer but they are pure, grindy garbage. Randomized unlocks from a chest? Are you kidding me ND? This is not some shitty mobile game.

Distribution of relics is also awful. I don't get any relics when my team loses? Really? It's a complete waste of time to complete a losing game then, I don't get anything from it.

I could go on and on about how many problems I see with this. I expected better honestly. I thought they would have learned more from UC3 and UC2 to make this their best offering, but I don't see myself playing this long term if they don't improve the multiplayer soon.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I love the sniper rifle. I don't get the complaints saying it sucks. It's so deadly. The reload speed is the only downfall, but aside from that? Shit is amazing. I am using it suppressed and damn, it's insane lol.

Sharpeye

I love the sniper rifle. I don't get the complaints saying it sucks. It's so deadly. The reload speed is the only downfall, but aside from that? Shit is amazing. I am using it suppressed and damn, it's insane lol.

Sniper is a great support weapon, picking off others who are already wounded and scaring them from moving forward. Also, getting a head-shot off a guy who is rope swinging towards you about to drop punch you is pure bliss.
That being said, if your on a poor team you might find yourself at a great disadvantage if your a sniper.

Ryuuga

Banned
I had the 20 shotgun kills for 320 relic points challenge. I paid 50 to change it to 16 raffica kills for 420 relic points. Good trade; that shotty is hot garbage..

Yeah, never again. Passing on the confetti 12 gauge next time it shows up in the rotation.

SSReborn

Is that including after the reload speed mod?

Haven't really sniped much since the beta.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Is that including after the reload speed mod?

Haven't really sniped much since the beta.
Even before the reload mod, it's very good. Like another poster mentioned, it's a good support weapon. You'll be popping people's heads while they're trying to revive their team mates. You can mark people from a distance if you have the marking booster or finish an enemy off who is very far away at a safe distance. All you gotta do is play it smart and you'll see success with it.

AKyemeni

Even before the reload mod, it's very good. Like another poster mentioned, it's a good support weapon. You'll be popping people's heads while they're trying to revive their team mates. You can mark people from a distance if you have the marking booster or finish an enemy off who is very far away at a safe distance. All you gotta do is play it smart and you'll see success with it.

Or you get the faster scope in mod and quickscope every mutha you see >:)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I still don't think the sniper should be 5 load-out points, for lack of versatility if nothing else.

nel e nel

I do understand that a players ability is a factor but at the same time it's not about how good he is but his mindset. Instead of isolating what he and his team did wrong to cause the incident in his video he highlights it as an issue with the game. It's demonstrative of an external locus of control that doesn't lead to much advancement in regards to ones own abilities and it's very easy to see why someone would have a hard time with any experience that was distinct from their expectations with that in mind.

I also don't think understanding the games systems is beyond the capabilities of even a below average player. He could have survived the hunter in the video, and he wouldn't have needed to be good at the game to do so.

Soooo...basically if one just understands better, they wouldn't suck so much. AKA git güd.

When you hand wave away someone's opinion with "If you only just understood!" you're coming off condescending and dismissive. As SonicAaron pointed out, some folks just don't want AI in their PvP. And that's OK.

I weirdly do best while using the para 45 as my main. For some reason none of the long rifles are any good for me. It actually sucks because I need to finish unlocking the rest of the long guns but every time I use a long gun I have a worse game than if I just run my pistol class.

I've been running the Para 45 as my only gun because I'm trying to unlock the Pistol LP lol. I like it quite a bit though and it feels really accurate to me. Will feel weird to go back to a long gun after I finish. Are any of the other pistols worth using? I tried using the automatic one and it really sucks at long range imo.

nel e nel

Then they shouldn't be playing this multiplayer.

The same could be said about everyone that's complained about mines, blind firing, daily challenges, the unlock system and mysticals too. One doesn't have to enjoy every aspect of some thing to enjoy it at all.

They should have more mystical/gear modifications for sidekicks. e.g. the brute with throw indra eternities, or will drop mines periodically.

Maybe have "Hero," versions of sidekicks with two modifiers, like a hunter that throws grenades and uses the djinn simultaneously

They should have more mystical/gear modifications for sidekicks. e.g. the brute with throw indra eternities, or will drop mines periodically.

Maybe have "Hero," versions of sidekicks with two modifiers, like a hunter that throws grenades and uses the djinn simultaneously

Please no.

WinFonda

Then they shouldn't be playing this multiplayer.

That's an extremely myopic way to look at tho, since neither U2 or U3 or TLOU had AI in competitive... so there's a potentially vast base/following that are undoubtedly not going to like it. And telling your fanbase to shutup and don't play it if you don't like it is just bad business.

And nevermind past ND games, AI mingling in competitive modes is a completely unorthodox multiplayer concept. I would even go as far to say it's breaking a cardinal rule of PVP.

And I can say, personally for me at least, that I'm not playing U4 as much as I thought I would... or as much as I have past Uncharted games. It's not just sidekicks, mind you... their entire PvP suite feels very light.

Please, Naughty Dog! Add in full sidekick mysticals!! I want a whole team of people using snipers that teleport and drop C4 that they will trigger on their own, on top of the human players' own mines and full-health cintimani revives .

Top Bottom