• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

(I made this post in the Overwatch thread, and I think it would work here too because I don't know if Uncharted has a safe zone for the HUD display)**

What is overscanning?

By default, all TV's overscan out of the box. Overscanning is basically a 10% artificial zoom-in on the image. Which cuts off the images on the edges of the screen (which is why the text box is cut off in Overwatch), reduces FOV, and lowers image quality because the image is no longer native, since it's being zoom-in on.

How do I fix it?

In your TV's picture menu, go to the picture size / aspect ratio setting. You probably have it on 16:9, find a setting called Picture Fit / Just Scan / Picture Perfect / Dot by Dot / 1:1 (different tv manufacturers call it different things) but by know you should get an idea of what to select. And then, choose that setting. Less common solution for certain other TV's, is that you may have a PC option, choose it. Or, even less common, you might have a dedicated overscan setting, turn that to OFF.

Congratulations overscan bullshit is fixed. Simple huh?

BTW, if you are using an older HDTV and there is no possible way of fixing overscan, then...sorry for not addressing your concern, there is no way to fix it unless Blizzard lets you adjust HUD display location.

The Flash

Banned
The game shipped and its..... usps

If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome

giphy.gif

tnzK5DA.gif

styl3s

Should I play UC3 before this?
Although i recommend playing all 3 in the new collection because they are all great games IMO if you just want the story catch up you can do that via youtube.

I recently just watched the 3 in movie form because i haven't played them since they came out and wanted a memory refresh and didn't have time to play all 3 again before this came out. I'm sure you can find even more condensed versions but not playing them wont ruin your experience of 4. If you want to dive into 4 now i would do what my friend did and just watch the recap, learn the basic story beats and play 4 then go back and play 1-3 without having to rush through them.

So...it's normal for Amazon to ship this late? It's fucking 9:04 PM and it's not out yet. I preordered back when the price glitch happened in January last year.

Sharpeye

Guys think there will be any copies left in stores tomorrow. I have a feeling the game is going to be sold out where I live.

Same 😒

Double same. Although both my Order Status page AND a rep both are guaranteeing it arriving tomorrow. I've never pre-ordered on Amazon before so I'm a bit nervous...but they do sometimes pull some speedy shipping magic at times.

The rep even told me he was waiting for his copy to ship for tomorrow too hah.

I only took one snap in my first session, but my god, this game's visuals are off the fucking chain.

img_20160510_021751zos0n.jpg
This shot looks amazing on Mobile.
Double same. Although both my Order Status page AND a rep both are guaranteeing it arriving tomorrow. I've never pre-ordered on Amazon before so I'm a bit nervous...but they do sometimes pull some speedy shipping magic at times.

The rep even told me he was waiting for his copy to ship for tomorrow too hah.
First time I've preordered a game as well. We'll see how this goes but first impression aren't good at the moment.

that intro was amazing.
The way the water lights up when the mines are thrown was great. and when you shoot enemies they feel the shot. lean down when shot in the gut and get pulled back with a arm shot.

So Nate's last name starts with a M according to the file in the orphanage.

and now Nate is in prison in a brawl, that was well done.

lazypants

I'm pretty sure the wait for this game is giving me withdrawal symptoms. Tomorrow by 8 pm (according to amazon) for my fix.

Mine from amazon shipped just now, surprised people are shocked at stuff shipping at 8 pm and beyond as its pretty common even for RDD stuff.

They didnt charge the 47.99 price and charged the full 62$...like they said though :(

witness

Might get up stupid early to play this before work in the morning. Otherwise I gotta wait until like 6pm tomorrow to play.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Playing ND collection right now in anticipation.

Amazon still has not shipped... What the fuck...

Are Gamestop/Target/Bestbuy selling the CE? If it doesn't ship from Amazon soon, I may just go to one of them in the morning and buy.

malfcn

Looks good. I may need to dust off the ps4 and play the collection first. My play of the first game on ps3 was enjoyable.

The special edition looks decent, especially with gcu/prime.

Top Bottom