• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bug_42

NYnSRS9.jpg

What does this mean???

That your not getting it today. Mine says the same thing

Well it looks like Argos might break release date. On other pre-order pages it says not available for home delivery. UC4 says home delivery within a day.

Could always take a punt and cancel it if not. lol @ paying twice if not more the price on Ebay.

How soon would they take the cash? And how easy would it be to cancel?

Hasney

Do we know if they got permission or if they just said "eff it" and went with strength in numbers?

I think they just said 'whatever' and did it.

They probably got permission. There's a street breaker hotline so if someone in your area or a national chain breaks the date, they can give permission for stores in that area to start selling or nationwide if it's a whole chain. It usually takes minutes to get an answer.

Well it looks like Argos might break release date. On other pre-order pages it says not available for home delivery. UC4 says home delivery within a day.

Could always take a punt and cancel it if not. lol @ paying twice if not more the price on Ebay.

Doom also says within 1 day.

Audioboxer

How soon would they take the cash? And how easy would it be to cancel?

Not too sure, never really use Argos.

They probably got permission. There's a street breaker hotline so if someone in your area or a national chain breaks the date, they can give permission for stores in that area to start selling or nationwide if it's a whole chain. It usually takes minutes to get an answer.

Doom also says within 1 day.

Hmm hype deflated. Doubt Doom is out in the wild anywhere else yet.

Look like Amazon have accidentally done it due to old release date.

Hasney

Not too sure, never really use Argos.

Hmm hype deflated. Doubt Doom is out in the wild anywhere else yet.

Yeah, just checked a few and it appears to be random. No Mans Sky says 1 day, but Battleborn says out of stock. And Battleborn is next week!

Audioboxer

Yeah, just checked a few and it appears to be random. No Mans Sky says 1 day, but Battleborn says out of stock. And Battleborn is next week!

Yeah just seems to be Argos' system. No stores allow you to pickup, and they have their asses covered anyway as game page specifically says release date and order title still says "pre-order".

I work at Argos and have just checked; all our internal systems say it can't be sold until May 10th, meaning orders literally can't be processed until then, so I would advise against wasting your time trying to order from Argos if you're trying to get it early.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and it says the should be arriving today by 8pm but I am not too sure that is going to happen since it hasn't even shipped yet.

Onaco

I think this is because you guys preordered before the delay and Amazon never updated their system properly to reflect the delay. Until I see copies in-hand by Americans, I'll remain a bit skeptical on this. I updated my card information a few weeks after the delay, and now my order says May 10th, like it should. I think this will result in an error, and a press release from Amazon saying it was an error on their part; the game will be released on May 10th.

I think this is because you guys preordered before the delay and Amazon never updated their system properly to reflect the delay. Until I see copies in-hand by Americans, I'll remain a bit skeptical on this. I updated my card information a few weeks after the delay, and now my order says May 10th, like it should. I think this will result in an error, and a press release from Amazon saying it was an error on their part; the game will be released on May 10th.

I preordered way before the delay. Definitely not the case.

addik

Man, I do hope Datablitz in the Philippines would decide to sell this game early.

Who am I kidding? they follow the street date strictly. Even if they'd get their copies early, we still have to wait weeks here

Rudiano

Banned
What is the embargo for this game? Not that Im under one but Im happy to start posting leaks tomorrow when my game arrives 😊 maybe a spoiler thread is needed

karma2578

I've had that with Amazon products before whose release date has been delayed. It's a system glitch. It hasn't been shipped

I've gotten stuff weirdly early from Amazon (Canada) before so this doesn't surprise me. Don't really see the big deal anyway. The game is done so if people can play it before some random, arbitrary date then more power to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom