• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

I'm going into my local town now. Has a CEX an a game store notorious for selling early. Putting my chances of getting it slightly above zero.

Gurish

We don't have any impressions from all the people that got it early yet (besides the "framerate isn't too bad" dude obviously)?

It is. I'm expecting it to be shorter than TLOU though.

Yep. Longest one. Straley (I think) was saying they people were playing it start-to-finish for the first time in the last month and they were all being surprised by how long it was when played properly.

Quite easy to imagine. Completing the story of The Last of Us took me 17 hours. I expect Uncharted 4 to last 14 to 16 hours given the focus on exploration and stealth, which slows down the gameplay and ultimately extends the game's length. Moreover, there's a lot happening in this game from what we've seen.

FelipeMGM

Huh, I read from multiple people that review copies of Uncharted 4 were being sent since last week, but listening to PS I Love You XOXO Colin and Greg didnt get theirs yet, and I imagine that they would be one of the first to have the game.

Now Im even doubting that embargo really drops on the 4th lol. Does anyone know that for sure? I read that multiple time the past week that it seemed true

NateDrake

Huh, I read from multiple people that review copies of Uncharted 4 were being sent since last week, but listening to PS I Love You XOXO Colin and Greg didnt get theirs yet, and I imagine that they would be one of the first to have the game.

Now Im even doubting that embargo really drops on the 4th lol. Does anyone know that for sure? I read that multiple time the past week that it seemed true
US outlets haven't received review copies yet.

Amazon US updated all orders. No one got the game in today. The leak seems to be UK for now.

HardRojo

My friend didn't offer a clear shot (for obvious reasons), but this is proof he got copies. Cover seems to have some sort of box message on the top right corner? I might go to his store later today if I have time. So yeah, game is out there in South America too, so watch out as more people get their hands on early copies.

5rjpdzk.jpg

My friend didn't offer a clear shot (for obvious reasons), but this is proof he got copies. Cover seems to have some sort of box message on the too left corner? I might go to his store later today if I have time. So yeah, game is out there in South America too, so watch out as more people get their hands on early copies.

Whelp, I'm convinced! :D

Gurish

My friend didn't offer a clear shot (for obvious reasons), but this is proof he got copies. Cover seems to have some sort of box message on the top right corner? I might go to his store later today if I have time. So yeah, game is out there in South America too, so watch out as more people get their hands on early copies.

Unless you know your friend likes to troll there is no reason to assume he is lying, seems legit to me, go get a copy!

It's not a legit leak unless the photo is super blurry.

Dominator

Why is it obvious he wouldn't show a clear shot? I don't get it.

HardRojo

Unless you know your friend likes to troll there is no reason to assume he is lying, seems legit to me, go get a copy!
Nah, he doesn't pull stunts like that, so I'm sure he's legit.
I might try to borrow one lol, but he won't sell them until release day. If he already has copies then I'm sure people in the gray market do too, and they won't honor the release date as they know everyone wants the game badly and will probably even sell it for higher than usual before release.

It's not a legit leak unless the photo is super blurry.

Why is it obvious he wouldn't show a clear shot? I don't get it.
Don't want to get him into unnecessary trouble. Internet detectives are very scary, if that NX thread wasn't proof enough. I'll confirm whether it's legit or not when I visit the store, but as I said, he's not the type to troll, so I'm sure he's legit.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Two weeks without even noticing a spoiler is going to be damned near impossible. You always get those fools who think they're being obscure but give something away to people who are a little more perceptive.

I am actually angry about this.

foxbeldin

Two weeks without even noticing a spoiler is going to be damned near impossible. You always get those fools who think they're being obscure but give something away to people who are a little more perceptive.

The only thing you can do is avoid facebook, twitter, instagram and... neogaf.
Basically, avoid people.

Plum

And nope, none in either shop I checked. Guess it's in the spoiler bunker for me. Bye GAF and for fucks sake Sony.

That's the preorder bonus sticker thing.

RPnKWfy.png

Alienous

You know it.

People will individually allude to shit, and it'll combine with other people's allusions, or even simple deductive reasoning, to form a spoiler.

It won't be "[Character] dies" class, but I totally expect "The beginning of the game has a huge twist" type spoilers. 'Vague' but still experience changing.

NateDrake

It's Sony's fault. They delayed the game for an extra 2 weeks, which was clearly not needed, and then ships copies to retailers 2 weeks early - knowing full-well a store would sell the game early. Sony could have waited until next week to ship copies out.

Gurish

You know it.

People will individually allude to shit, and it'll combine with other people's allusions, or even simple deductive reasoning, to form a spoiler.

It won't be "[Character] dies" class, but I totally expect "The beginning of the game has a huge twist" type spoilers. 'Vague' but still experience changing.

Oh I hate those.

GAF if anyone gets an early copy please don't throw ANYTHING spoliery in your impressions, talk about visuals, gameplay how good/ not good it is in general, but don't share any specific details about anything or at least, cover them with the spoiler tag.

Oh I hate those, GAF if anyone gets an early copy please don't throw ANYTHING spoliery in your impressions, talk about visuals, gameplay how good/ not good it is in general, but don't share any specific details about anything or at least, cover them with the spoiler tag.
Maybe someone should start a spoiler thread.

It's Sony's fault. They delayed the game for an extra 2 weeks, which was clearly not needed, and then ships copies to retailers 2 weeks early - knowing full-well a store would sell the game early. Sony could have waited until next week to ship copies out.

You tell em Nate

2 weeks makes no sense, unless they wanted Ratchet the game to get more time on shelves x help the movie?
Blah

Frozone

Either way, I got my preorder so my body is ready. Taking the day off for it too.. :p What an expense game this has cost me!

An Order 1886 tea.

raindoc

Oh I hate those.

GAF if anyone gets an early copy please don't throw ANYTHING spoliery in your impressions, talk about visuals, gameplay how good/ not good it is in general, but don't share any specific details about anything or at least, cover them with the spoiler tag.

In this case I'd be cool with a permanent ban for anyone posting even the mildest spoiler here. with or without tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom