• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
z1s7JEx.png

Neil is shook

SHOOK, he knows everything will be online by tomorrow

game length, characters, spoilers , etc
I'd be shook too since I've seen people not buy games due to game length , silly reason too imo

Boke1879

SHOOK, he knows everything will be online by tomorrow

game length, characters, spoilers , etc
I'd be shook too since I've seen people not buy games due to game length , silly reason too imo

I don't think game length is anything anyone has to worry about tbh. If anything just be worried about spoilers

zkorejo

I doubt he is shook. Every big game gets leaked atleast 7 days before release. This is still a week earlier than that but still, people who want to get spoiled on the story will do it regardless of how many days before the game was leaked.

Its nothing unusual.

My Amazon copy said "Arriving today", but then I updated my Mastercard and now it says "May 10" lol!

Was this the same error everyone got, or is it really coming right now? :O

Yeah Amazon just updated mine lmao. Says it's expected to ship May 6 tho and I have 2 day shipping...

I'd contact them to be sure it arrives to you on the release date, I have prime and they have been late shipping stuff which made me pissed :/ why offer it if you can't deliver on release date

Ammogeddon

Shopto have a habit of sending games out before release day so I just preordered through them. It's on offer for only £38.85 too, bargain.

HardRojo

Can confirm game is out in the wild here in Peru too. My friend's store just received their copies, I'm sure gray market stores will start selling them either later today or tomorrow.

SomTervo

Shopto have a habit of sending games out before release day so I just preordered through them. It's on offer for only £38.85 too, bargain.

My local store will have it in on 8 May... Just wondering if ShopTo will deliver before then

I probably can't play till the 9th anyway. The missus' birthday

Dominator

If anyone can confirm that US shops might be getting it now as well I'm gonna check around. Seems like overseas is getting it first though.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just got the updated date email. I can finally cancel the order since I have the bundle ordered, too.

Pfff they are just hedging the copies, they are already in the wild, just not being delivered.. They are already on the trucks
tankers

If you swim
walk outside, I know, I know
and find one of these Amazon trucks
massive game tankers
and you break one open you can get yourself a copy.

They are just doing it to raise the price of Uncharted, fucking wankers.

Rudiano

Banned
My local store will have it in on 8 May... Just wondering if ShopTo will deliver before then

I probably can't play till the 9th anyway. The missus' birthday
From experience with shopto, if the game is being released on Tuesday (because UK its normally on a Friday) they ship the game on a Friday so its guaranteed to arrive on the Tuesday, but many times I received the game the next day on Saturday

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Mines say arriving between May 2-May 6. Finger cross, hopefully getting it a few days early.

So, Amazon was a hoax, as expected, but other stores have broken the street date ? I'll remain sceptical because of the print on the disc.

Well the other store is CEX, which deals only in 2nd hand goods so they have no "steet date".
Usually when they have copies on launch day or before launch, they're stolen copies and priced way above the usual market value.

SomTervo

From experience with shopto, if the game is being released on Tuesday (because UK its normally on a Friday) they ship the game on a Friday so its guaranteed to arrive on the Tuesday, but many times I received the game the next day on Saturday

Hmm, yeah - the MGSV thing was due to a bank holiday Monday, wasn't it.

Probably best off just buying the game from my local on Saturday 8th. I'm happy to support them anyway.

Symphonia

Banned
Amazon just sent me the change of date email. No early release for me, at least from Amazon. I'm tempted to call in to CeX tomorrow.

As much as I dislike having to avoid spoilers due to broken street dates, I'm hyped as fuck just knowing we're at this point. Only 2 weeks!!!

SomTervo

Ugh really? I don't think I'd want it longer than U2 but we'll see.

Yep. Longest one. Straley (I think) was saying that people were playing it start-to-finish for the first time in the last month and they were all being surprised by how long it was when played properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom