• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, that reminded me of my pup.

I have a Min-Pin named Carter. They are very smart like most terriers. So smart they get stubborn. Anywho, I taught him 'bro fist' about 2-3 months ago for haha's when he wants snacks, lol.

He learned it in minutes... my GF, just shook her had at me, lol. All in good fun.

So I say 'sit', then 'bro-fist' and he takes his right paw, and lifts it up and pushes it agains my fist and holds it on there all suave, lol.

Same! Wait, 9? 7 here!

Ah man I used to have a Parson Jack Russell Terrier Pedigree. miss her :( Terriers... best dogs in the world.

rob305

Any other miserable who pre ordered digitally and have to wait until release? :(

Have to admit it stings a little seeing people getting it a week before release.

I have it preordered digitally too but i just couldnt wait any longer haha. Its actually the first disc i'm putting into the PS4. I'm selling my game next tuesday as soon as my digital copy is unlocked

B.O.O.M

Even if I get the game early I won't have time to play until around 15th May.....

I should stay away from Gaf shouldn't I? lol If some moron post spoilers without hiding then I'm gonna lose my shit

The Lamp

Even if I get the game early I won't have time to play until around 15th May.....

I should stay away from Gaf shouldn't I? lol If some moron post spoilers without hiding then I'm gonna lose my shit

That already happened in this thread a couple of days ago. It was huge spoilers. I got spoiled :(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
65u5dhL.jpg

Its on, finally got it! Got 2 from this ebay guy, got the second one in case a gaffer wants it.
If youre in south florida and want it let me know
How far south?

Ricky_R

Any other miserable who pre ordered digitally and have to wait until release? :(

Have to admit it stings a little seeing people getting it a week before release.

Dude, I ordered the SE from Amazon and I'm from PR, so they will ship the 10th and I shall get it between the 13th and the 19th. Now, I will be in Orlando until the 15th so I run the risk of having the delivery guy put the game on the mailbox (which is not entirely safe and I'm not sure it will fit) or throw it over the yard door (which can get easily stolen or extremely wet if it rains). Hopefully they'll take it back to the post office or it gets here after the 15th, so there's no issue.

I don't think you're miserable enough. ;)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ah man I used to have a Parson Jack Russell Terrier Pedigree. miss her :( Terriers... best dogs in the world.

Rest in Power to your pup!

And yes, I used to be a big dog person all my life, always had cats as well. But ever since being around terriers (love Jack Russell's too), I just fell in love with their personalities. So intelligent, so much attitude, and very appreciative when they are a rescue (I only do rescues).

Gonna have my home boy chillin with me while playing the game. Bro-fisting (I know it is silly, but funny with the pup) with all the epic moments in the game.

Gurish

We don't know if they were real; person could have been trolling. I'm just gunna assume everything I read is BS until I play the game.

Yup we don't and please no one deny or confirm at this point, let us be uncertain about it and find for ourselves.

Dude, I ordered the SE from Amazon and I'm from PR, so they will ship the 10th and I shall get it between the 13th and the 19th. Now, I will be in Orlando until the 15th so I run the risk of having the delivery guy put the game on the mailbox (which is not entirely safe and I'm not sure it will fit) or throw it over the yard door (which can get easily stolen or extremely wet if it rains). Hopefully they'll take it back to the post office or it gets here after the 15th, so there's no issue.

I don't think you're miserable enough. ;)

Thanks, feel a little better now :D

AdanVC

Almost done with the game and I'm still floored. Absolutely my favorite in the franchise, the set pieces are not as long but just as exciting and thrilling and feel spread out but just right. The Jeep gameplay is fun mixed in and the battles and ability to move around, stealth, and agility all get bigger and better. Also this is pretty much Indiana Jones meets Goonies.. and I.. I just can't say enough. Holy shit. Also took my ps4 to my folks this afternoon, my Father watched me play the game for a few hours. He never does that. Ever!

Holy shit and The Goonies is one of my fave movies from my childhood. Ahhhhh this is so cool. Game is gun' be rlly rlly gud isn't it??

farisr

It's a 1-2 punch for me, Europeans geting to see Civil War a week before NA release, and people getting to play Uncharted 4 week(s) before official release as well.

I'm savoring the hype. This will be the last week I get to be hyped for an Uncharted game by Naughty Dog.

Shadows is more about GPU than anything else, so the GPU bump will push these shadows to Ultra pretty easily. All the rest i dont see how they can improve it anymore.
Still require a little more RAM for the higher resolution shadowmaps to exist, and the more efficient memory management and slightly higher bandwidth should work alongside the increased GPU performance.

The extra bandwidth should fix that no problem. That extra ram could best be used for better textures. Not that it's lacking in that department.
It's a minor boost (at least unofficially) compared to what I hoped. However, it's definitely possible. The additional resolution to shadow maps wouldn't require half a GB more and the better memory management means higher res textures should be able to stream in a bit more often.

Watch they release Uncharted 4 Remastered a year later.

Neo PS4 operates from same base game with just different performance settings designated for that platform. Same assets, additional post processing / resolution / etc. and different shader quality / precision / etc. enabled.

Low resolution shadows indicate some sort of memory bandwidth restriction. I'm not sure how Neo could possibly help with that (its RAM is only marginally faster).

Yes. I'm aware of this (I work with realtime and offline 3D) but the memory management is better as well, so it's possible. Still annoyed about the CPU not being doubled.

Anyone have any idea of a mom & pop store in the North NJ/NYC area that is likely getting an early copy? Please send me a PM. I can'ts wait any longer.

Damn it. I got spoiled about the Easter Egg stuff with the title of a YouTube video. What a motherfucker.

Not really spoiled since I was already spoiled by a gaffer about it. But still. Now I have a confirmation I guess? If it is true... the implications are very hype.

How dumb can I be though? Watching youtube videos with UC4 out in the wild.

This is peak dumb.

I hope so. Usually, I would just wait and experience it with the rest.

But I'm going out of country on the 10th (to Pakistan, the land still filled SDTV's), so... I'd rather pay the extra and experience it graphically at home.

Read this as STD's and laughed for 10 seconds.

Shipping info

Dang it, you're three minutes ahead of me!

That already happened in this thread a couple of days ago. It was huge spoilers. I got spoiled :(

There is no way that was a real spoiler.

Ricky_R

I'm actually pretty patient. Been so for quite some years now. I think it's even better to wait a bit considering how fast the experience ends once you start playing and can't put the controller down.

I'm going to savior this game like no other. Thinking back, the last time I was very desperate to get a game was 20 years ago with Resident Evil. I was a kid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom