• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floody

Had a feeling this would happen. Well hopefully Dark Souls 3 can keep me entertained for the next 2 weeks. Be nice if Sony bring the release date forward
they won't
, because fuck clicking on anything that's even loosely related to Uncharted until it's in my hands.

Peace out Uncharted gaf!

joshlpaige

Neo Member
I'm actively scouring for spoilers. I never liked playing the Uncharted games, but I do enjoy some of the story beats. I'd like to see how it ends, even if it's by reading about someone else's journey.

Gurish

Well...since it's out...any (unspoilery) impressions from anyone who has it? Any indication of a coop multiplayer mode (I know multiplayer doesn't work right now but maybe there's something on the menu)?

It's pretty weird but it's been almost a day in the wild and nothing yet, waiting for unspoilery impressions as well.

HardRojo

I wonder how Druckmann is feeling right now. He knows that, one way or another, the game will be ruined for some before launch. You can be sure people will be spoiling it on Twitch and other places. Time to avoid all contact with the outside world and a big chunk of the Internet lol.

zsynqx

It's pretty weird but it's been almost a day in the wild and nothing yet, waiting for unspoilery impressions as well.

The whole thing has kinda been blown out of proportion since the Amazon thing turned out to be a glitch in their system. Not many people actually have the game.

Alienous

I'm actively scouring for spoilers. I never liked playing the Uncharted games, but I do enjoy some of the story beats. I'd like to see how it ends, even if it's by reading about someone else's journey.

And as long as you're being considerate of other people's aversion to spoilers, which I'm sure you are, I don't think anyone will fault you for that.

At this point, if I get spoiled, I don't know that I'll care all that much.

I wonder how Druckmann is feeling right now. He knows that, one way or another, the game will be ruined for some before launch. You can be sure people will be spoiling it on Twitch and other places. Time to avoid all contact with the outside world and a big chunk of the Internet lol.

druckmantitanpour3.jpg

FelipeMGM

We dont know how many people have it yet. Im sure as soon as a gaffer gets his hands on one copy we will hear about his/hers first impressions

Boke1879

Lol I love the mad people in here.

This happens literally with every big launch. Sorry some stores don't honor release dates. hardly Sony's fault and it's not their job to keep you from spoilers.

Hint, Stay out of youtube and twitch comments and don't go to places notorious for spoiling shit. You'll be good.

Gurish

This happens literally with every big launch. Sorry some stores don't honor release dates. hardly Sony's fault and it's not their job to keep you from spoilers.

Hint, Stay out of youtube and twitch comments and don't go to places notorious for spoiling shit. You'll be good.

Usually it's a couple of days before release not 2 full weeks.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
What the fuck. I thought this game came out today. What the fuck how did I miss this.

I was literally about to leave work and go buy a copy when I decided to check GAF to scope out the hype. God dammit.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I might just go check London Drugs down the street later

They're kind of retailer that will look like they'd screw this up

I think people are taking more issue with this situation because it was supposed to release today.

What the fuck. I thought this game came out today. What the fuck how did I miss this.

I was literally about to leave work and go buy a copy when I decided to check GAF to scope out the hype. God dammit.

You see Sony?? You were about to cause this person such inconvenience for your malpractice. Apologize publicly or kiss your business goodbye.

Matush

Was there ever a case when big publisher decided to push up release date because of broken street date? 2 weeks is a lot of time and for people who avoid spoilers at all cost, its gonna be long 14 days.

Mikey Jr.

You know we are all fucked right now, right? 2 fucking weeks to avoid spoilers?

Ohh man, so boned. God damn Sony. Why the shit was this delayed 2 weeks? The hell?

rdytoroll

Lmao. Almost the same situation as with Dark Souls 3, where it was sold in stores almost a week before. But here it's a full 2 weeks, pretty fucking crazy. Sony must be going crazy right now

Boke1879

Usually it's a couple of days before release not 2 full weeks.

Nah man it happened with Halo 2 and 3. Shit was spoiled a week or so before the game launched. It happens. These games always get sold early in the same places. I doubt many people even have the game. Some here don't even seem to realize the amazon thing was a glitch.

Again this happens at every big launch. Again I doubt ti's even really about spoilers and more so that someone has the game that you want to play. Sony isn't going to move their release date.

HardRojo

Was there ever a case when big publisher decided to push up release date because of broken street date? 2 weeks is a lot of time and for people who avoid spoilers at all cost, its gonna be long 14 days.
I think it happened with Tomb Raider? Not completely sure.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
And as long as you're being considerate of other people's aversion to spoilers, which I'm sure you are, I don't think anyone will fault you for that.

At this point, if I get spoiled, I don't know that I'll care all that much.

Man what the fuck lol

What's with all this drama?

"At this point?"

Try living with basic needs internet for two weeks and stop souring your grapes for no reason.

Boke1879

I think people are taking more issue with this situation because it was supposed to release today.

Then it would have leaked 1-2 weeks ago. Again it's nothing like the DS3 situation because I also don't see Uncharted 4 all over twitch. The amount of people that probably have the game right now is small.

Big retailers didn't break date. It's always the small local stores. No company will push up the date. Again look at DS3. And this whole thing won't have any impact on sales anyway.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
You guys realize this is likely the last Druckman/Straley Uncharted right? I don't mind waiting a little bit longer personally, gotta savor this one. I understand the thirst and if the game was available for retail price or close I might get it, but don't get doped into paying x2-x5 prices for this. 2 weeks isn't that far away people.

stay strong fam.

Hedrush

I don't think Sony can bring the release date forward, it would be a logistical nightmare. All the advertising is already in place, I've saw it on god knows how many buses, and TV ads will be going out soon also. Online preorders would have to be charged early and retailers would need to send out mass emails informing of the date being brought forward. It would be great if they did, but it's not gonna happen.

Zukkoyaki

As I said like 13 pages ago, this type of thing tends to happen when a game goes gold and is manufactured about 6 weeks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom