• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsynqx

It's also the first?

Well they worked together as Lead Designer and Game director on UC2. As directorial partners then yes, this is their first Uncharted together.

Mine still says May 10th. I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones.

Dude the amazon thing was a glitch, everyone got emails updating the release date a few hours ago. Quite annoying that the OP won't update the thread. Leading to a number of hyperbolic posts. (not yours btw)

Lucian

Well, this seems to explain why when I applied credit to my order 2 days ago it updated my delivery date from April 26 to May 2. Guess I might have gotten it early.

HardRojo

Wow I called my goto store in Polvos Rosados and they didn't have it oops. :p

Not that it matters much to me, I don't actually have a PS4 lol.
A friend has contacts in Azules, he got some copies and was selling them. The game will be for sale openly starting tomorrow he says. I just went to Rosados yesterday to get Dark Souls III lol and was even planning to get the Collection next week to get ready for UC4. Guess that's not happening now that UC4 is here :p

Majek

I wonder how Druckmann is feeling right now. He knows that, one way or another, the game will be ruined for some before launch. You can be sure people will be spoiling it on Twitch and other places. Time to avoid all contact with the outside world and a big chunk of the Internet lol.

Druckman doesn't care. Or he's laughing because he knows that whatever he wrote will provoke a strong reaction,so to him it doesn't matter when the rage starts.

A friend has contacts in Azules, he got some copies and was selling them. The game will be for sale openly starting tomorrow he says. I just went to Rosados yesterday to get Dark Souls III lol and was even planning to get the Collection next week to get ready for UC4. Guess that's not happening now that UC4 is here :p

Wow. I am surprised that you guys got it before most stores in the states did. Does your area usually get game releases this far ahead of time?

HardRojo

Wow. I am surprised that you guys got it before most stores in the states did. Does your area usually get game releases this far ahead of time?
Yeah, it's somewhat usual I'd say, but 2 weeks early is still way too early. I think the earliest I remember was MK9, which arrived about 10 days before release.

Yeah, it's somewhat usual I'd say, but 2 weeks early is still way too early. I think the earliest I remember was MK9, which arrived about 10 days before release.

I can usually get game releases about 5-7 days earlier here as well just nothing like 2 weeks. I can't remember the last time a major game got that early of a release here. (SoCal)

Kotaku posted a story on this that stupidly included major spoilers, with the spoilers posted just below the spoiler warning so on mobile, I saw it before I read the warning. So so so dumb.

Rated-G

Well, at least it's still not as early as Uncharted 3.

I'm really confused why my ship date is the 16th for my Libertalia edition though. Preordered as soon as it went live, used two day shipping and I'm Prime. Why does everyone else seem to be at least seeing dates that would have the game to them by release date but mine isn't even looking like it'll be on its way until almost a week later?

Morts

Kotaku posted a story on this that stupidly included major spoilers, with the spoilers posted just below the spoiler warning so on mobile, I saw it before I read the warning. So so so dumb.

I didn't see any spoilers in it, and what they have up now shows no sign of an edit.

Alienous

I didn't see anything I'd consider a spoiler in the article or comments?

They didn't post any spoilers, not sure what that poster was on about. Jason Schreier wrote the article and was very clear about everything that's happened, unlike IGN and others.

I didn't see any spoilers in it, and what they have up now shows no sign of an edit.

Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head.gif

Then it would have leaked 1-2 weeks ago. Again it's nothing like the DS3 situation because I also don't see Uncharted 4 all over twitch. The amount of people that probably have the game right now is small.

Big retailers didn't break date. It's always the small local stores. No company will push up the date. Again look at DS3. And this whole thing won't have any impact on sales anyway.

It would not have change anything it would have been leak last week then.

Never said it wouldn't just saying why probably more people are taking issue with it. Delaying for manufacturing reasons and retail copies are already out there is of course gonna upset some people. Date of course won't be pushed up.

GravyButt

B4 spoilahs and stuff I should ask. Just got the uncharted collection. Buddy said I should skip #1 and just play #2 and #3. Thoughts on this??

My hype is at destructive levels right now lol. I keep checking this thread to see Arne come in here and say "The gates are open, Digital release TONIGHT!" or something lol. I'm just DYING to play this game man. It's been a WHILE.

etta

my hard graphic balls
B4 spoilahs and stuff I should ask. Just got the uncharted collection. Buddy said I should skip #1 and just play #2 and #3. Thoughts on this??
The first one is the worst of them so I'd just watch a playthrough on YouTube for the story and play the other two.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
They're all good. How much time do you have?

If you can, play all of 'em. If you're strapped for time, 2 and 3 are better efforts, but you'll lose some of the character background skipping Uncharted 1 (and the characters are great). Bluepoint also put a ton of effort into making Uncharted 1 look and play better.

Ah I'd go out l and look for this game should if I wasn't bogged down by final exam revision.

Not majorly fussed about story spoilers, UC stories never really grabbed me.

HOWEVER I will be taking caution to ensure none of the major set pieces are spoiled for me; no one does them like Naughty dog.

You literally have it in your hands ready to go, unless you're on a time crunch or something why not experience it and form your own opinion of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom