• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brigandier

I said to myself the most I'd pay is £80, Someone was selling a bunch for £90 earlier so I placed an £80 best offer which was accepted, Should hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

Few hours later they're going for nearly £200 which is just absurd.

Dunkers92

There has been no indication that any major retailer in the UK has broken street date. Visiting all those major retailer you listed will just be a waste of time lol

Yep. I work for GAME and there is literally no chance of getting it early unless Sony instruct us to start selling it

That and stores won't get stock until mid to end of next week anyway

If you really want to find it, independent game stores are easily your best bet

Yass - do find out how many they have. If it's worth it, I might head over and endure the 40 minute trip after work.

I just called, and the guy sounded sincere and said they don't have it yet. 9 times out of 10 they won't tell the truth over the phone, though. $80 to $100 in person tells a different story.

Godspeed.

Vitor711

I just called, and the guy sounded sincere and said they don't have it yet. 9 times out of 10 they won't tell the truth over the phone, though. $80 to $100 in person tells a different story.

Godspeed.

Ugh, not worth the trip then in case they're sold out. It's just much too far.

Rudiano

Banned
Well, its him them. I wonder if he is just rying to sell for a lot of buck just to go back to his store and buy it again lol

He bought it from CEX. Which only sells 2nd hand games, the chances they have any more copies of Uncharted 4 will be slim.

Gurish

With all those copies wandering around I wonder how we didn't get no impressions or footage, people are too busy playing or they don't care about sharing their experience (a rare breed in our era :))?

I call NYC stores early literally every time I buy a physical copy of a game and they have told me when they have it every single time over the phone. I've never once been lied to. In fact, one of the stores actually posts on their Facebook page the minute they get a game in early

the store is selling the European version of Uncharted from what i was able to find out. They told me over the phone that they sold out and to check back tomorrow but who knows.. they might not be telling the truth.

LostDonkey

With all those copies wandering around I wonder how we didn't get no impressions or footage, people are too busy playing or they don't care about sharing their experience (a rare breed in our era :))?

There are full walk through on YouTube already and have been for a week or so, there is plenty footage out there if you look.

Or did you mean on GAF?

Wabba

I'm so mad that this game is two weeks away. I have waited 3 years for this game and when people are already finished with the game i am sure that there are going to be spoilers everywhere in the next couple days.

spookytapes

Neo Member
I used to work for a regional chain that broke street date all the time, our policy was that we'd tell you no over the phone but if you come in and ask for it, we'd sell it to you.

ShutterMunster

I call NYC stores early literally every time I buy a physical copy of a game and they have told me when they have it every single time over the phone. I've never once been lied to. In fact, one of the stores actually posts on their Facebook page the minute they get a game in early

People are really out here snitching on themselves willy nilly? Who raised y'all? That's some hustling backwards ass shit if I've ever heard it.

Anyway, European version? Hmm...

The Lamp

For those in NYC, _____ has copies RIGHT NOW. I didn't buy one cos I have the special edition preordered and I'm frugal as fuck but it was there and I saw someone leave with one. :D

You should have hidden that in email tags so that lurkers can't see it and Sony ninjas don't badly punish that store.

3 stores in NYC have told me that NA copies should arrive May 4th - May 8th

they all plan on selling them early. im not going to mention the names on here but its up to you guys to find it.

The Lamp

Because that fucks up embargo plans and the possible exclusive coverage they could have setup with media firms. Sony fucked this launch up big time. It was stupid of them to ship copies out this early.

We're only 2 weeks from launch. This is normal. They don't have all copies ready, just some (i.e. Manufacturing issues as they mentioned).

Trying to avoid spoilers for 2 weeks...
900x900px-LL-e51fe422_drowningmj.gif

Now I'm gonna be absolutely terrified of getting spoiled for the next two weeks, looks like no YouTube comments section, Twitter, or even Facebook for me until I finish the game myself.

UpwindPoet24

Neo Member
Oh man it's gonna get rough the days leading up to release, literally every social platform will be like a minefield. There's no safe place. There's no safe place. There's no safe place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom