• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky_R

Give the thieves a break. They probably used to dumpster dive at Gamestop for free games when they were younger and one probably got busted for trying to steal a retail copy of Black Flag (it's a popular item for thievery). The younger brother probably thought his big brother was done for so he settled down to play games he legitmately bought... until his big bro came back into his life and told him about Uncharted 4. Wooed by hype but stifled by delays, they decided to take matters into their own hands for their biggest score to date. In the end, was it all worth it? We'll find out when we get our own hands on our own copies.

Still a better story than The Order's.

please tell me someone has a mirror for the videos, them sony ninjas are quick!

search youtube for "uncharted 4" and order by upload date. There's a 40minute video on there.WITH MAJOR SPOILERS. (Cutscenes and everything)

I didn't put the link cos i know people just blindly click links. lol

off topic but I just realized that in UC3 remastered, when you use the optional skins it switches to MP quality models that I believe were outsourced. Even the actual skins/outfits drake uses in the campaign.

no filters used

Regular model
n14bcxU.jpg
'Desert Drake' skin
Hope they don't fuck this up in UC4

dEvAnGeL

search youtube for "uncharted 4" and order by upload date. There's a 40minute video on there.WITH MAJOR SPOILERS. (Cutscenes and everything)

i looked, there's nothing, i just want to see some gameplay different to the one that's been shown before

lol noooo, that 40 minute video is just a compilation of all the gameplay and cutscenes ND has already officially released. Nothing new there.

off topic but I just realized that in UC3 remastered, when you use the optional skins it switches to MP quality models that I believe were outsourced. Even the actual skins/outfits drake uses in the campaign.

no filters used

Regular model

'Desert Drake' skin

Doesn't matter that they were outsourced, the modeling budget for MP is invariably lower, and those are the models they have available.

Not really worth it to redo all of them.

Alienous

My brother had the opportunity to buy one of 13 copies of the game, that were selling at £75 a copy (I don't know if that price will have increased, and I don't know what's going on with those copies now, and I won't ask, but I assume they're gone).

We're both busy for most of the month of May, so it was really tempting to go for one. Get Uncharted 4 out of the way early. He knew about it for awhile (at least yesterday), and it was a fairly sure thing. But when we found out about where they came from we talked about it. I decided against it, and left him with the final say to decide as he went out, and he also decided against it, after debating it with a friend.

So that was interesting.

Doesn't matter that they were outsourced, the modeling budget for MP is invariably lower, and those are the models they have available.

Not really worth it to redo all of them.
not understanding, they already have 'desert drake' in the campaign, why would they give the MP model when they can just use the SP 'desert drale' model that's alreayd being used/in the game?

KORNdoggy

no filters used

Regular model

'Desert Drake' skin

That doesn't look like the MP skin. Why would it be when they have desert drake skin in the campaign elsewhere already?

KORNdoggy

that's why it's so weird. Try it out for yourself all the skins are noticeably worse than the default model. Even the standard clothes drake.

But it doesn't look noticably worse. Look at the polygonal edges on his ears, they're identical. Skin texture and shaders are the same too (something the MP models don't have) It looks like the desert drake skin from later in the game. The screen you took just has him grimacing so he has a different face shape.

You're seeing something that isn't there i'm afraid.

AKyemeni

I'm thinking of buying two copies early on Friday, one for myself to play and another to break and burn on video and post it on youtube.

I'm not spoiling the intro dude. No effin way.

It's alright. Click it man, it skips to the good part. I watched it and it was worth it.

Naughty God has jumped the shark. This intro is a slam dunk on TLOU and Uncharted. 11/10 intro, would play again. They're on a fucking roll I tell you.

wow @ the ending

i understand the desire for developers to connect their games. But I don't think connecting franchises was the right move for Naughty Dog

having said that, Drake being Daxter in a meat suit was the most fun I've had all year playing games

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I WILL NOT SPOIL THE INTRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom