• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I said I wouldn't be tempted, that I gotta be strong, but fuck it, I clicked and it was so incredible, totally worth it.

Visually it looks like fucking real life, I'm serious, it's closer to real life than any CGI video I've ever seen.

WEAK.

Guys please stop. I don't want to click.
MJ-Computer-Meme.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's alright. Click it man, it skips to the good part. I watched it and it was worth it.

Naughty God has jumped the shark. This intro is a slam dunk on TLOU and Uncharted. 11/10 intro, would play again. They're on a fucking roll I tell you.

What you did there, confirms my suspicion, lol.

If ND can achieve visuals that are practically 1:1 with real life, what is the point of new systems?? 60fps?? ND has eclipsed what can be produced from a GTX TITAN Z on a PS4. Coding to the bare metal! *Loud Screeching sound*

"Photo mode is extensive, it has motion blur, loads of new filters, can hide characters and civilians. You can rotate the camera around the landscape pretty extensively."

Wow! I'll have to keep it disabled on the first playthrough if I want to beat the game in the next year or so.

zsynqx

The guy from reddit answered more questions, I won't copy the questions and answers as I'm on mobile, just enter the link and filter by "new":

https://www.reddit.com/r/uncharted/comments/4go571/just_a_heads_up_day_one_patch_is_5gb/

Might be spoilery for some.

He said he's near the end of chapter 9 and has been playing for 5 hours. Arne said that chapter 10, the one we saw in the previews, was about a third of the way through the game.

Keep in mind, the guy on reddit said he has been doing a decent amount of exploring but definitely seems like the game will be a good length.

Edit: https://youtu.be/kB_Fjv03Qno?t=22 Arne saying chapter 10 is about a third of the way into the game

But it doesn't look noticably worse. Look at the polygonal edges on his ears, they're identical. Skin texture and shaders are the same too (something the MP models don't have) It looks like the desert drake skin from later in the game. The screen you took just has him grimacing so he has a different face shape.

You're seeing something that isn't there i'm afraid.
taken with the exact same place, lighting, and expression

Default Drake

'Nathan Drake' skin

i mean, if you can't see the difference.....

Gurish

Is this guy in the US?

Have no idea, I would bet that yes but just by shallow observation on his writing style, don't really know.

He said he's near the end of chapter 9 and has been playing for 5 hours. Arne said that chapter 10, the one we saw in the previews, was about a third of the way through the game.

Keep in mind, the guy on reddit said he has been doing a decent amount of exploring but definitely seems like the game will be a good length.
Yea length seems very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom