• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

That dude already sold one copy of the game.

That's £150 (- the costs he paid if he bought it from someone else) on (probably) stolen goods.

Fucked up, that is.

nib95

Banned
did you not see the mvc article? no copies have even been sent to stores in the UK yet. Any copies you see in the UK are stolen from transit.

But i guess you're right i don't have 100% proof.

Just because he has several copies doesn't mean he stole them. He could have bought them from a guy that stole them, or bought them from a guy that bought them from the guy that stole them, etc. If the thief's did steal an entire transits worth, eg several hundred copies at least, I doubt the person who stole them would be selling just 4...

Just because he has several copies doesn't mean he stole them. He could have bought them from a guy that stole them, or bought them from a guy that bought them from the guy that stole them, etc. If the thief's did steal an entire transits worth, eg several hundred copies at least, I doubt the person who stole them would be selling just three...

well i'm not saying he stole them. Just that having stolen goods is illegal.

nib95

Banned
well i'm not saying he stole them. Just that having stolen goods is illegal.

What if he doesn't know they're stolen? You realise half the shit traded in at places like CEX, and probably a good portion of stuff traded in to stores like GAME etc is probably stolen too?

Ricky_R

What if he doesn't know they're stolen?

In that case he might not be "guilty", but he would have to return the copies or pay for them if already sold. I suppose.

That's if the situation reaches a point that requires accountability. That photo screams guilty bastard tho. :D

I just did, and I'm sorry, but am I supposed to be totally against this? Yes, it's unfortunate that a crime took place for this to happen, but that's not really my problem. That's my take on it.

Just to clarify, yes you should be against violent assault on transport vehicles, but my comment was more about it being available in your local stores when it was stolen from elsewhere on the globe.

Where's that guy who got the copy?? I want to hear his impressions.
He must be like
e65.gif

Give the thieves a break. They used to dumpster dive at Gamestop for free games when they were younger and one got busted for trying to steal a retail copy of Black Flag (it's a popular item for thievery). The younger brother probably thought his big brother was done for so he settled down to play games he legitmately bought... until his big bro came back into his life and told him about Uncharted 4. Wooed by hype but stifled by delays, they decided to take matters into their own hands for their biggest score to date. In the end, was it all worth it? We'll find out when we get our own hands on our own copies.

jjonez18

Give the thieves a break. They probably used to dumpster dive at Gamestop for free games when they were younger and one probably got busted for trying to steal a retail copy of Black Flag (it's a popular item for thievery). The younger brother probably thought his big brother was done for so he settled down to play games he legitmately bought... until his big bro came back into his life and told him about Uncharted 4. Wooed by hype but stifled by delays, they decided to take matters into their own hands for their biggest score to date. In the end, was it all worth it? We'll find out when we get our own hands on our own copies.

Well done.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Give the thieves a break. They probably used to dumpster dive at Gamestop for free games when they were younger and one probably got busted for trying to steal a retail copy of Black Flag (it's a popular item for thievery). The younger brother probably thought his big brother was done for so he settled down to play games he legitmately bought... until his big bro came back into his life and told him about Uncharted 4. Wooed by hype but stifled by delays, they decided to take matters into their own hands for their biggest score to date. In the end, was it all worth it? We'll find out when we get our own hands on our own copies.

This is a Polygon 7.5 out of 10. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom