• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncharted is a fun, pulpy series with a lot of charm, and the title screen music always gets you so pumped for the adventure. This seems boring and lifeless by comparison. It doesn't give me an Uncharted vibe.

Note: I'm not bitching about the game. But I think that particular aspect sucks, and if it's too serious which I can see happening, that'd be a valid criticism IMO.

zsynqx

Uncharted is a fun, pulpy series with a lot of charm, and the title screen music always gets you so pumped for the adventure. This seems boring and lifeless by comparison. It doesn't give me an Uncharted vibe.

Note: I'm not bitching about the game. But I think that particular aspect sucks, and if it's too serious which I can see happening, that'd be a valid criticism IMO.

https://youtu.be/1a2chkYgBGQ?t=1954

All will be forgiven if we get multiplayer information

Sooooooooooooooooooooooon

Everything they've shown has been fun and pulpy. They wanna set a more mysterious vibe with the title screen is A-ok with me. The humor and fun is gonna be in this game, it's just the emotional stakes are likely gonna be weightier this time around.

AKyemeni

They even copied TLOU's MP mode: Just Deathmatch and Plunder.

Just two modes.

MaOLvCm.gif

Everything they've shown has been fun and pulpy. They wanna set a more mysterious vibe with the title screen is A-ok with me. The humor and fun is gonna be in this game, it's just the emotional stakes are likely gonna be weightier this time around.

I think it's bullshit but I'll get over it.

I don't think he's lying or anything ridiculous like that, but changing the title screen to this is already something that goes against the nature of the games.

amnesiac

A bit off topic, but I'm hoping in the couple weeks stores have the Uncharted Collection on sale for $15-$20. I need to play through them again before I get this one.

I think it's bullshit but I'll get over it.

I don't think he's lying or anything ridiculous like that, but changing the title screen to this is already something that goes against the nature of the games.

lol ok. I'm fine with them making changes for the 4th entry in a series, especially when it's as minor as a title screen. Change is good. Embrace it.

lol ok. I'm fine with them making changes for the 4th entry in a series, especially when it's as minor as a title screen. Change is good. Embrace it.

complaining about the title screen..........lmao

Change is good, but not this. Again I'm not railing on the game, not yet anyway, but I'm pretty upset about it. It may not be a big deal to some, but again it's like a Star Wars movie beginning without the fanfare. There's been four games so far and this has been a staple in all of them.

Naughty Dog just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Title screen music (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Europe where you can become successful by being a thief. If you screw someone over in Europe, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is refunds.

What this means is the gaming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Uncharted 4 for the Playstation 4, nor will they purchase any of Naughty Dog's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Naughty Dog has alienated an entire market with this move.

Naughty Dog, publicly apologize and release UC4 early for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Leaked in Chicago. Playing it right now, or I would be if the title screen had the appropriate music. Sorry, this isn't Uncharted, and I refuse to play it.

Well, I've explained why it bothers me. Again it won't bother everyone. For me it's a valid complaint. For me. I'm a huge fan of the Uncharted theme and it playing on the main menu. It's just part of it to me.

100% Agree. It's not like we're complaining the game itself, it's just a decision that I don't get by ND. Every time I fire up Uncharted I sing the main theme along.

zsynqx

The fact that we have only gotten leaked footage from that polish guy gives me hope that there aren't too many copies out there atm. Obviously this could all change in the next couple of days.

Naughty Dog just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Title screen music (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Europe where you can become successful by being a thief. If you screw someone over in Europe, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is refunds.

What this means is the gaming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Uncharted 4 for the Playstation 4, nor will they purchase any of Naughty Dog's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Naughty Dog has alienated an entire market with this move.

Naughty Dog, publicly apologize and release UC4 early for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

NY4kmK8.png

jk

Ricky_R

Well, I've explained why it bothers me. Again it won't bother everyone. For me it's a valid complaint. For me. I'm a huge fan of the Uncharted theme and it playing on the main menu. It's just part of it to me.

In the grand scheme of things (game related), it's just not worth getting that bothered over.

If ND would've gone open world with Uncharted 4 and threw any sense of tight linear narrative out the window, then... I would understand the repeated anger.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Uncharted's theme as much as the next guy, and I would've liked for it to be in the title screen, but it is what it is.

Skux

Game about a treasure hunter stealing valuable artifacts is considered valuable enough to steal. The irony is not lost on me.

AKyemeni

In the grand scheme of things (game related), it's just not worth getting that bothered over.

If ND would've gone open world with Uncharted 4 and threw any sense of tight linear narrative out the window, then... I would understand the repeated anger.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Uncharted's theme as much as the next guy, and I would've liked for it to be in the title screen, but it is what it is.

Not for me. I'm gonna not get the game now. ND have crossed the line. I'm gonna send them an angry letter tomorrow.

jmaine_ph

So the title screen is like TLOU? You won't hear me complaining. I'm sure Nate's theme 4.0 is in there somewhere or at some point.

Brandon, you're on the internet. You are either super angry and bothered by it to the point of refusing to purchase it or you 100% back this decision with complete fealty to all parties. None of this questioning an omission of a familiar piece of a game that you're still really looking forward to. How dare you!?

Honestly, my concern is they felt the new version didn't have the oomph of the past titles and left it off to avoid comparisons. Judging by footage, it's more melodramtic and probably more suitable for specific contexts. Meh. Disappointed on my end as well. I still remember the day I hummed it in perfect pitch all the way through along with it. Dem chills.

dralla

So the title screen is like TLOU? You won't hear me complaining. I'm sure Nate's theme 4.0 is in there somewhere or at some point.

Greg Edmonson is gone though, they brought in a (mediocre) "hollywood" composer to replace him. Not saying the theme won't be back, it will be, but it's gonna be difficult to replace Edmonson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom