• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Edmonson is gone though, they brought in a (mediocre) "hollywood" composer to replace him. Not saying the theme won't be back, it will be, but it's gonna be difficult to replace Edmonson.
It probably only exists as a cue from the older games but I'm doubting a "4.0" exists. =[

Brandon, you're on the internet. You are either super angry and bothered by it to the point of refusing to purchase it or you 100% back this decision with complete fealty to all parties. None of this questioning an omission of a familiar piece of a game that you're still really looking forward to. How dare you!?

Honestly, my concern is they felt the new version didn't have the oomph of the past titles and left it off to avoid comparisons. Judging by footage, it's more melodramtic and probably more suitable for specific contexts. Meh. Disappointed on my end as well. I still remember the day I hummed it in perfect pitch all the way through along with it. Dem chills.

I literally just punched a hole straight through my wall.

Anyway I find Henry Jackman to be an incredibly dull composer. His work on the Marvel movies (aside from First Class) have been pretty bland and forgettable to me, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is the worst soundtrack in the series. Greg was amazing and really brought something special to the previous soundtracks. I can see this one ending up being quite stale by comparison, but I'll happily eat crow.

But if he phones in huge budget blockbuster movie scores, let's just say I'm not terribly optimistic about what he's going to do with a videogame.

Kazaam

Judging by footage, it's more melodramtic and probably more suitable for specific contexts. Meh. Disappointed on my end as well. I still remember the day I hummed it in perfect pitch all the way through along with it. Dem chills.

You're totally right. The internet does tend to overly exaggerate things

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
look at the title screen, the happy adventure yeeh Nate theme wouldn't make sense.

See this is why some info before release is good. If I had not known about this and started uncharted 4 for the first time and didn't hear the theme I would have been so angry and disappointed, it would have hurt my first impressions. Now I can get the disappointment out of the way.

AKyemeni

See this is why some info before release is good. If I had not known about this and started uncharted 4 for the first time and didn't hear the theme I would have been so angry and disappointed, it would have hurt my first impressions. Now I can get the disappointment out of the way.

I agree.

I think someone should post the ending too so we can get that out of the way as well. I want to know when I'm at the end game.

Hell, they might call it 4.0, but if it lacks the opening percussion and overall tone and arrangement, it may as well be a new track with cues from Nate's theme(s).

I literally just punched a hole straight through my wall.

Anyway I find Henry Jackman to be an incredibly dull composer. His work on the Marvel movies (aside from First Class) have been pretty bland and forgettable to me, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is the worst soundtrack in the series. Greg was amazing and really brought something special to the previous soundtracks. I can see this one ending up being quite stale by comparison, but I'll happily eat crow.

But if he phones in huge budget blockbuster movie scores, let's just say I'm not terribly optimistic about what he's going to do with a videogame.

Same here. Music is a huge factor for me in any game or a movie. I liked Jackman's work on First class and Winter soldier, and ND always seems to give freedom for the composer to try new things like what Druckmann did in TLOU with Gustavo, Also:
idXyUe2.png

So I'm kinda optimistic from what I've heard so far.

Same here. Music is a huge factor for me in any game or a movie. I liked Jackman's work on First class and Winter soldier, and ND always seems to give freedom for the composer to try new things like what Druckmann did in TLOU with Gustavo, Also:

I hope for the best. I'm just really usually so passive about his movie soundtracks. Though like I said First Class' was really good.

Kazaam

See, I'd accept that and there's no reason that couldn't play on the menu screen.

Maybe because it sets a big general tone before you start the game? I don't know, I guess that could be an answer.. and we could speculate on and on without actually playing the game and experiencing the decisions made in its creation.

Maybe because it sets a big general tone before you start the game? I don't know, I guess that could be an answer.. and we could speculate on and on without actually playing the game and experiencing the decisions made in its creation.
Yeah, I'm guessing it's real time and once you press X, the camera pans to show characters nearby and/or the quoted text over the screen. Nothing worthy of the sacrifice if you ask me. Even if it happens to be a flashback to pirate times.

zsynqx

prob because they delayed it an extra 2 weeks with a weak excuse when people and shops already have it

Do you honestly believe they just delayed the game for the fun of it? There was obviously a reason.

Also

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/stolen-games-behind-early-uk-arrival-of-uncharted-4/0166040

UPDATE: All Uncharted 4 stock sold at CEX and on eBay was the result of a violent assault and theft, PlayStation has said.

"We can confirm that unfortunately some contents from a lorry transporting a variety of video game and DVD titles, including a quantity of the much anticipated Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, was stolen in the UK, during a violent assault," a spokesperson told MCV.

"We are doing everything in our power to assist the police in their ongoing criminal investigation.

"To be clear, we have yet to ship any stock of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End to retail and so any suggestion that UK retailers have broken the official street date is not correct.

Ascenion

You one of those people that forgot how Uncharted 2 and 3 started, I see.
No. I distinctly remember putting the game in, it loading up, saying Sony Computer Entertainment Presents followed by the ND logo then the sound of drums with a fade from black to the right and then Nate's theme played with the title logo displayed proudly and press start. Not what I saw behind that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom