• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trees look really out of place next to Nate's model up close. They look really good from a distance though, which is what matters for standard gameplay. I hope we don't start a Driveclub leaves-like debate over it...

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Bruce Straley on the leaks

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2016/04...harted-4-director-weighs-in-on-stolen-copies/

“For me, personally, I don’t care about the money” he explains. “Sony cares about the money and Sony should certainly be like, ‘We need to get these people, we need to stop these criminals.’ This is against the law, but that’s not my issue.

“My issue is spoiling things for the player. Because we craft these experiences and we have so many gems, we really go out of our way to preserve the experience for the player.

“That’s the thing that I get upset about, because we have major moments inside of this game that huge impact on the player. They’re specifically crafted; we’ve work very hard to craft this moment to make it land, make it impactful and to resonate into what you feel, if that’s spoiled for the player, then that hurts me and that hurts that player.

“Straight up, as the creator, that sucks.”

The problem is the policy that platform holders have.

These games should be released digitally before physical. It should be an incentive to go digital.

That way, those that are the most hyped won't be spoiled.

Shin-Ra

The following is just very basic screenshots up close and/or in an area already shown in videos. Nothing new or revealing.

HotDamn.gif

Looks so much better without the sharpen filter. Naughty Dog must include an option to play without it.

orochi91

The following is just very basic screenshots up close and/or in an area already shown in videos. Nothing new or revealing.

I've come to the conclusion that Drake is just too handsome.

No problem. I like helping those craving new shots but without spoiling things. I'd be right there with you all if I didn't have it already!

The problem is the policy that platform holders have.

These games should be released digitally before physical. It should be an incentive to go digital.

That way, those that are the most hyped won't be spoiled.

So because I like to actually own my games I need suffer a delay and likely get spoiled? Fuck that noise.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
So because I like to actually own my games I need suffer a delay and likely get spoiled? Fuck that noise.

I actually own all the digital games I have.

Digital games should release the second the game goes gold.

You choosing to get a physical copy means you will have to wait for the disc to be pressed and shipped.

Digital owners shouldn't be held back because of physical owners. Nor should we be spoiled either. You have it backwards.

Your not suffering a delay in that scenario. The digital game just isn't being artificially held back to satisify retailers.

Of course, I doubt that would ever happen. Many more factors in playing (marketing) that would push the digital date regardless.

Coffinhal

I actually own all the digital games I have.

Digital games should release the second the game goes gold.

You choosing to get a physical copy means you will have to wait for the disc to be pressed and shipped.

Digital owners shouldn't be held back because of physical owners. Nor should we be spoiled either. You have it backwards.

PhD in economics and business strategy here, am I right ?

So I was in the Easter Egg thread and someone linked to a website showing more pics of the Easter egg. But what caught my eye was that they said this at the end:

"Now we got that awesome easter egg out of the way, make sure to check back for our continued coverage of Uncharted 4. This includes our review which will go live on the site on Monday."

I'm guessing they acquired an early copy and aren't bound by any NDAs. Hopefully it's a relatively spoiler free but in-depth review.

Vire

Can Slasher or anyone who has played it answer this..

So I've only seen the official Naughty Dog released footage, do you think they've done a good job of keeping a lot of the big moments secret/surprise?

I feel like they showed the coolest moments for Uncharted 3 ahead of release and that dampened the impact for some.

Possibly that they thanked Amy Hennig in the credits, not sure tho might be a fake.

There would be no reason for this to be fake. They thanked Infinity Ward and Bungie for helping with UC2 MP, so I'm sure they thanked Amy. It's her creation, after all.

So I've only seen the official Naughty Dog released footage, do you think they've done a good job of keeping a lot of the big moments secret/surprise?

I feel like they showed the coolest moments for Uncharted 3 ahead of release and that dampened the impact for some.

I can answer this without having played the game. They've barely shown anything, and only one set piece (E3 car chase), so there's definitely tons to find for ourselves.

Yeah. . So much they haven't shown. Get ready to have your socks knocked off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom