• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss |OT| Drake arrives at a smaller screen near you!

yencid

This game just might top uncharted 1 for me in how much i like it. Its frigging awesome, im in chapter 16 right now i believe, and the fire fights are intense! The gyro shooting feels amazing.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
picked this up over the weekend for $40 @ target and can't put it down. simply an amazing game. brings out all the 'features' of the vita. (currently just gave the dickhead general the sword -_-)

Finished the game last night on Normal, and had a blast with it. I was expecting something less, and was shocked at how good it was. The screenshots online do not do this game justice, because on the Vita screen it's rather beautiful. At first I really noticed the jaggies, but over time I didn't see them as much. The gunplay is a little hard to get used to, but I was getting headshots so it's not that bad. The touch controls were fun to me, but a few times they didn't work. I love that enemies drop bounties, but I can see that being a problem with trying to get them all. The characters are good, Chase being the best addition. Dante, I was confused with, I didn't know whether to like him or not. The game's length is really good, and was another shocker to me. I thought it would be shorter than it turned out to be. So, yeah, this was another great Uncharted game. Sony Bend did a really good job, and I'm glad that this was my first Vita game.

yencid

Yeah for me its a full fledged uncharted and i think that was kind of the point with dante, to make him a believable person. not everyone is just black and white.

Saroyan

So are there any tips for getting the coin/gem/card bounty collectibles faster?

I've decided to try and platinum this game (will be my first plat), the only trophies I have left are a 2 "kill X enemies with Y" the bounty collection trophies, and the crushing difficulty one.

I'm on chapter 27 of my crushing playthrough, so that might be done tonight, but I still have a lot of bounty items to collect.

Cudder

So are there any tips for getting the coin/gem/card bounty collectibles faster?

I've decided to try and platinum this game (will be my first plat), the only trophies I have left are a 2 "kill X enemies with Y" the bounty collection trophies, and the crushing difficulty one.

I'm on chapter 27 of my crushing playthrough, so that might be done tonight, but I still have a lot of bounty items to collect.

Go here:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/uncharted-golden-abyss/146831-black-market-boosting-thread-74.html

add a bunch of people to your friends list (the more the better), and then just keep checking near every hour, or whenever you can really.

I wanted to go through the game on Hard, so I created a new save. Thing is, when I picked up the first treasure, the other ones I got on my previous playthrough weren't there. Do I have to go through Hard from the Chapter select screen or select New Game and save over my previous save?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Just picked this up, up to chapter 24. Great game. Really polished, dialogue feels really natural and the characters are interesting.. shooting is awesome! Getting headshots pretty easily.

Got the Charted! - Crushing trophy today! :) All I have left to get is the bounty trophies. If anyone wants to add me as a PSN friend, my ID is in my profile. I would appreciate any help with the bounties via Near.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm so darn excited. I finally got the platinum trophy! After days of going through the game, and then through just certain chapters to get all of the bounties, I finally got them all. Luckily, I have two friends who have the game, and I got 4 bounties from one of them, and 1 from the other. So that was 5 bounties that I didn't have to get through playing the game. With that said, I have to say again, this game is just amazing. Hopefully, there will be another Uncharted Vita game that will come out someday.

eznark

Banned
I'm on chapter 25 and while generally this is a damn fine portable game, what's with the weirdly crass humor? Anal sex jokes, two full chapters of "that's what she said," weird rub one out trophy names...just seems totally out of place with the series.

I'm no prude by any means but the writing feels more like Saints Row than Uncharted in a lot of places.

I'm somewhere in Chapter 3 and need help. I need to know how
this game is already being considered my favorite in my head.

The sense of adventure is amazing and rivals the first game. The treasure/mystery hunting easily tops the other games and..... were those dead ends I've traversed where the rocks troll me by crumbling away? *bow

I'm on chapter 25 and while generally this is a damn fine portable game, what's with the weirdly crass humor? Anal sex jokes, two full chapters of "that's what she said," weird rub one out trophy names...just seems totally out of place with the series.

I'm no prude by any means but the writing feels more like Saints Row than Uncharted in a lot of places.

Yeah, I've noticed it a bit so far but Drake is younger here...

Game is more fun the second time through. Doing a crushing run now. Great game
Same but I HATE the part where you need to save Chase while she crosses a log and then once more while scaling down a cliff wall. Died too many times as they take several shots to kill if the headshot didn't register.

Yopis

Same but I HATE the part where you need to save Chase while she crosses a log and then once more while scaling down a cliff wall. Died too many times as they take several shots to kill if the headshot didn't register.

Agree died a few times myself on the cliff. Still it was cool that puzzles were done from first run. Agree with massa on that one for sure.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, was wondering why I couldn't find this thread... no one has posted in it (even after PSN+!).

I was just wondering how this Black Market stuff works?

Gadirok

Man, was wondering why I couldn't find this thread... no one has posted in it (even after PSN+!).

I was just wondering how this Black Market stuff works?

Think its primarily trading via "Near". I could never get it to work myself.

I'm probably going to sell my copy (hardly played it) and use the money on a 32gb and DL this.

darkwing

been receiving 'near' stuff now, thanks to new PS+ members lol

this game looks good, I'm already liking it more than UC1

Number45

Struggling with the gyro aiming at the moment, but I'm determined to master it! Any tips?

DISCLAIMER: I've literally just started the game.

My download is halfway through. This'll be my first full Uncharted game; I've only played bits and pieces of the first three games.

Just how many chapters are in the game?

Anybody have some weird issues with the platforming? Twice in the game I've been hanging on a ledge unable to get Drake to "reach" for the next ledge I was to jump to. I tried every position and direction, youtubed both sequences to confirm I was trying correctly, and I could not freaking make the jump. The first was the giant tractor, I couldn't reach the top and in the end I don't even know how I made it, I was just rubbing the screen like a madman and something happened. Second time was hanging from the sign in Guerro's outpost thingy, took me like 5 minutes of fidgeting to make Drake jump.

Great game though, as expected from Bend, they're no B team. The gimmicky stuff isn't getting in the way as much as I thought it would, in fact it's a treat when I find something I get to rub the dirt off of. Don't know why I like that so much. The part where you had to hold up the Vita to a light pissed me off though, had to get out of bed.

Struggling with the gyro aiming at the moment, but I'm determined to master it! Any tips?

DISCLAIMER: I've literally just started the game.

I had to reverse both gyro axes. Don't know why but I couldn't wrap my head around the default.

I actually just ended up dropping the gyro anyway. I find the stick aiming just fine.

Number45

I had to reverse both gyro axes. Don't know why but I couldn't wrap my head around the default.

I actually just ended up dropping the gyro anyway. I find the stick aiming just fine.
Yeah, I've changed the horizontal and it made it a little better. I also boosted the sensitivity in both the stick and motion aiming.

A lot of people have suggested using the sticks to get where you want to be and then the gyro for fine tuning, problem I have is that I don't necessarily keep the unit very still while I'm playing. I'm going to persevere for a while though, so many people have said how they want more games to use it.

Haha, apparently you have to tilt the Vita to get Drake to lean back off a ledge, I totally missed that. Explains why I couldn't make a jump until I started rubbing and flailing my Vita in rage.

Number45

Haha, apparently you have to tilt the Vita to get Drake to lean back off a ledge, I totally missed that. Explains why I couldn't make a jump until I started rubbing and flailing my Vita in rage.
You don't have to, you can just push away from the ledge with the left stick - same as the PS3 versions.

Number45

I've been avoiding the motion/touch where possible, it's definitely working fine with just the sticks and buttons for me.

Number45

What a fantastic game, but FUCK ME do you think that Naughty Dog mandated a final encounter with shitty mechanics when they were laying down their requirements to Bend?

As is custom with Uncharted though, happy to immediately go back in on Crushing.

For those just starting out, start on hard. The initial learning curve is fairly steep but it's far from difficult.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've been avoiding the motion/touch where possible, it's definitely working fine with just the sticks and buttons for me.

Yeah, but the stick acceleration is all over the map. It seems the hardware suffers from the PSP issue of too much or too little in dead-zones to where "small/much" is right next to eachother and crossing the line throws your aim off.

I'm kinda adjusting to it but I still have to fight the controls to get headshots (and eat many bullets to do that) to where I'm just spraying an enemy with the FAL in the chest and hoping for the best. Seems to have gotten me to chapter... 24 or so so far.

leng jai

Yeah there's definitely something off with the aiming here. I'm pretty horrendous at it in this game. Not sure if it's the way the game is coded or an inherent flaw with the Vita sticks. I'm guessing it's a bit of both.

Castcoder

Banned
Man, I still need my platinum on this game, I've been stalling far too long, but I have so many other games to get through.

Seriously I want to skull fuck whoever thought of the swipe sequences in this game. The one boss battle near the end and then the final boss battle on crushing add a new half moon type swipe that throws you for a loop and you have to start all over when you miss. Half the time it doesn't even fucking register. I'm on the last boss to finish crushing and platinum this turd and its pissing me off. Seriously sours my entire mood with this game. Worst mechanic ever.

Number45

Kudos to all of the people that got the Platinum on this before the bounty drop rates were patched. I got all of them on my two runs through the game with the exception of Arcana - and just grinding the same check point for that over and over was boring as hell.

Kudos to all of the people that got the Platinum on this before the bounty drop rates were patched. I got all of them on my two runs through the game with the exception of Arcana - and just grinding the same check point for that over and over was boring as hell.

Thank you. ^_^

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not only did I do it before the patch but I also did it without collecting a single one from Near.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Me too. It was a bitch! Felt kind of stupid while I was doing it too.
It was easy. I just went to chapters where there were a bunch of enemies and just restarted the checkpoint after killing all of them. I did it while watching TV so it wasn't that bad.

TripOpt55

It was easy. I just went to chapters where there were a bunch of enemies and just restarted the checkpoint after killing all of them. I did it while watching TV so it wasn't that bad.
That's what I did too. I guess you have more patience than me. Felt like it took forever just because it was so boring.

Top Bottom