• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

Loudninja

We did.
This? :D
uc3test2.png

WITHE1982

I am going to start or normal gots to get my groove back.

I did my fist run on normal and found it extremely easy. I'm not the most competent of players TBH and I normally struggle on hard difficulties but in this case I'd recommend it.

Saying that for a treasure run and just to take in this wonderful game normal is a good starting point.

Can't wait to start on UC2 after getting the platinum for 1.

stryke

I'm also not getting a good sense of where the enemies are based on their gun fire sound. I need to pop on my Pulse Elites next time to see if that helps improve it.

I think we need an updated version of this
ND wizardry did this with a paltry 256MB of VRAM. It made me sad when I switched to multiplatform PS3 games with their blurry textures.

I cannot imagine what they're going to accomplish with 5GB (or possibly 6-6.5GB with the latest SDK?) of unified RAM.

Just a heads-up for anyone attempting the speed run trophy on Drake's Fortune: it'll only unlock if you complete every chapter. So wall glitching from chapter 8 to 11, 13 to 16 and 18 to 20 isn't permitted. Wall glitching to skip sections within the chapter you're on is allowed. It's still pretty easy to finish in time, though. I completed it in 1 hour 47 mins, only skipping the two big fights in chapter 20.

WITHE1982

Just a heads-up for anyone attempting the speed run trophy on Drake's Fortune: it'll only unlock if you complete every chapter. So wall glitching from chapter 8 to 11, 13 to 16 and 18 to 20 isn't permitted. Wall glitching to skip sections within the chapter you're on is allowed. It's still pretty easy to finish in time, though. I completed it in 1 hour 47 mins, only skipping the two big fights in chapter 20.

Good to know thanks.

teokrazia

What the hell is this yellow dot on my box?? Got it from gameseek a UK website and this is the first i have seen a yellow dot

Only other yellow i have seen are bundle copies but they always state "this is a bundle copy"

CQylH7IUEAA7ol_.jpg

Great OT title, I'm glad it was picked.

Funnily enough, after Uncharted 3 I was okay to let go of the series (TLOU helped a lot), but right now, I'm pretty excited to play the collection this week-end. Hell, this is the game that will make me stop playing MGS after 120 hours.

Bishop89

So goood!

Cant wait till I finish UC1.

I love it, but its not as good as the 2nd and 3rd and I just cant wait to delve back into them

T-0800

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have began with crushing in UC1 right off the bat. It's just not fun.

Crushing is awesome but not if you're new to the game. You often are forced to fire blindly just to force the enemies to take cover. Great fun.

Liamc723

What the hell is this yellow dot on my box?? Got it from gameseek a UK website and this is the first i have seen a yellow dot

Only other yellow i have seen are bundle copies but they always state "this is a bundle copy"]

That's a UAE copy, it's unlikely you'll be able to trade it in if you ever wanted to.

Xeilyn

Great OT! I was gonna wait a bit with this considering all the other games i need to play but this thread convinced me so i took a little break from work to go and get it. UC2 is one of my all time favorite games but i like the other 2 aswell so its gonna be great to experience them again

stryke

Crushing is awesome but not if you're new to the game. You often are forced to fire blindly just to force the enemies to take cover. Great fun.

I've only played it once before. It's really more to do with the enemy encounter design that I don't like.

I can appreciate the improved aiming but there's still some legacy stuff in there that isn't quite up to where UC2 is.

Frillen

Ugh, the last chapters of Drake's Fortune... What were they thinking!? And the last boss goes down in history as one of the worst. I also didn't like the last part of The Last of Us. So here's hoping I will finally get a good last part of a ND game in Uncharted 2 or 3.

That's on easy difficulty, right?

Currently in Chapter 11 ón Hard and already having 3:11 h on my clock without dying too often. ^^

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my copy in the post from Amazon UK, one day early will do nicely!

This 80%er is about to pop his Uncharted cherry.

Ricky_R

Why on earth is gameseek a UK website selling a UAE version of a game....

A few sites are selling them, you will be unable to trade it in sadly.
My guess is that sites are somehow getting bundle copies from UAE individually for a really, really cheap price and selling them on, it sucks but there's nothing you can do sadly.
Whatever sites are selling them will be making a fortune though as they will be getting them for dirt cheap.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Won't have time to dive into this until tomorrow, but can anyone who has played the games a lot on PS3 tell me whether Crushing has been made easier now that there's an even harder difficulty? Particularly in UC1 (which is by far the most difficult of the games on PS3)? Having played all the games multiple times before I kind of want to start on Crushing right away, so I can unlock the new difficulty (which is required for the Platinum in these, I assume?).

zsynqx

Ugh, the last chapters of Drake's Fortune... What were they thinking!? And the last boss goes down in history as one of the worst. I also didn't like the last part of The Last of Us. So here's hoping I will finally get a good last part of a ND game in Uncharted 2 or 3.

Last of Us was the best ending to a naughty dog game and I'm not talking about just strory in which it obviously is the best ND ending. What I am saying is don't hold your breath, although UC1 is by far the worst :)

I am just glad that it is uncharted...love the series so i will be keeping it no doubt but know know never to buy from that website again

stryke

Won't have time to dive into this until tomorrow, but can anyone who has played the games a lot on PS3 tell me whether Crushing has been made easier now that there's an even harder difficulty? Particularly in UC1 (which is by far the most difficult of the games on PS3)? Having played all the games multiple times before I kind of want to start on Crushing right away, so I can unlock the new difficulty (which is required for the Platinum in these, I assume?).

No the new difficulty isn't required for platinum.

SomTervo

IIRC they rebalanced all/many of the damage values and difficulty modes. I think this will be a better package overall.

Going to pick this up some time before Dec 4th for the UC4 beta. Plenty to play on my plate right now.

They upgraded UC1's melee combat???

It'll probably be my favorite of the three now. :D

Holy fuck

Is this true?

Like, to the Uncharted 2/3 system?

Omg

I really want to play this but I'm not going to pay 60€/ 60$. I've played Uncharted 1-3 on PS3.

This price is a joke, imo.

Price is no joke IMO, considering they've done a lot of work on each game and it's 20€/game whereas your common remaster comes at 45+€/game.

Sneak Edit: And also considering it is the price you'd pay for all 3 games on PS3 right now.

sTiTcH AU

Got the game yesterday and have been playing through U1 and up to chapter 11. A bit of a chore at the moment to be honest. I find most of the cover is pretty useless and omg the parts with the jet ski were just terrible. I have played through most of U2 so I do know that one is slightly better but I don't want to skip the first before moving to the second.

The IQ is nice but not stunning. At least it controls a million times better than what I remember but that could be half frame rate and half the sixaxis being a terrible controller. Wish U3 still had 3D as it would have been pretty awesome to play it that way.

Top Bottom