• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

Acccent

uh I just wanted to post to say this is one of the prettiest OT's I've seen so gj with that. (Great title too)

Also, I might as well ask, I don't suppose you can play the games at 30fps?

So I got the pre-order pack and I entered the code and nothing appears or happens? There's no "add-on" listed

Isnt this supposed to unlock from the start or something so you can use it? I'm playing Drake's Fortune.

SomTervo

I often prefer to play games at 30fps. I was annoyed by the 60fps in Journey PS4 recently for instance. (cue "more cinematic!!!" mockery etc)

I definitely find 30FPS more 'gritty' sometimes, like a low FPS camera used in 'shakycam' sequences in action films. Is that what you mean? I can't think of any benefit otherwise!

I would never complain about 30FPS because imo it entirely does what it needs to do, but if I have an option, I always choose 60. It's like do you get the good, cheap chocolate, or do you get the Galaxy bar for 20p more.

The next scene after he's escaped the guns he's wisecracking with Elena in a plane and seems unfazed. Suspecting Sully is really weird too you're right, though I recall that might be more Elena than Nate, will see when I get to that scene.
Well during that scene he still has his back against the wall with a bunch of mercenaries going at him and only one way back, but I see what you're getting at. Especially since they cut from their escape directly to the next island.

What are the chances that UC2 multiplayer is added later. Seems like a no-brainer.
0%. Seems like a no brainer to focus all the Uncharted fans on PS4 into Uncharted 4 multiplayer.

Acccent

I definitely find 30FPS more 'gritty' sometimes, like a low FPS camera used in 'shakycam' sequences in action films. Is that what you mean? I can't think of any benefit otherwise!

I would never complain about 30FPS because imo it entirely does what it needs to do, but if I have an option, I always choose 60. It's like do you get the good, cheap chocolate, or do you get the Galaxy bar for 20p more.

No, it's just all of the arguments that are usually derided as impossibly valid actually apply to me. I find 30fps more 'cinematic' and 60fps unnaturally smooth; it makes many 3rd-person games look like 'plastic' to me. I prefer 60fps in some games (fighting, racing etc) but for things like Uncharted, I prefer 30fps.

Anyway, I'm not complaining about it, just wondering if the framerate was changeable somewhere or if it was just 60fps without any option to change it.

Revven

So I got the pre-order pack and I entered the code and nothing appears or happens? There's no "add-on" listed

Isnt this supposed to unlock from the start or something so you can use it? I'm playing Drake's Fortune.

Go to the Bonus section of Uncharted DF and go to... Rewards/Tweaks or whatever. You should see skins, click skins and they should be there.

They are early unlocks so I doubt they are typical Add-ons.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a few hours into Drake's Fortune and if this is the worst of the bunch I can't wait to play the rest.

Anung

Un Rama
Excellent OP! Really great work.

I've had this since Saturday and I started Uncharted 3 today. Kind of dreaded it to be honest as I really didn't care for it back in the day. But from what I can tell they've fixed the damage sponging enemies so that'll make it way more tolerable.

Loving the photomode! These games are so pretty.

CQza9d1WIAANM1B.jpg:large

Revven

Has Drake even stole anything successfully in the 4 games he's been in? Why is he the master thief all of a sudden?

Sort of successful in UC1...
Sully comes back at the end with the boat and on the boat he got a treasure chest full of riches and trinkets

So, technically they were successful once...
but it was different treasure (likely stuff tied to or connected with what they were originally going after).

rdytoroll

Just finished the first game. I loved it: great characters, interesting story, fun gameplay and jesus christ those graphics... 8 years old and still just as good as some games coming out now imo. Although some of the shooting passages were sometimes a bit too drawn out. I'd like a bit more exploration and climbing. Hope I'll get that in the second game. If the game statistics are to be trusted, I only played 5 hours and 30 minutes. That can't be right, seems a little short.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Believe me, going from UC1 to 2 felt like a generational leap

Nice, apparently I'll find out soon as I'm 55% done which is a little disappointing, the game must be very short.

Revven

Just finished the first game. I loved it: great characters, interesting story, fun gameplay and jesus christ those graphics... 8 years old and still just as good as some games coming out now imo. Although some of the shooting passages were sometimes a bit too drawn out. I'd like a bit more exploration and climbing. Hope I'll get that in the second game. If the game statistics are to be trusted, I only played 5 hours and 30 minutes. That can't be right, seems a little short.

I think the game stats doesn't count cutscenes, only in-game time. Possibly.

On PS3 to get a more accurate representation of the playtime you'd look at the save file which encompasses overall playtime (so cutscenes included).

The game is fairly quick to speedrun through, though, so a first playthrough of 5 hours and 30 minutes (excluding cutscenes) sounds about right to me. Include cutscenes and it's probably closer to 6 hours or 7. UC1 is the shortest of the three.

Nice, apparently I'll find out soon as I'm 55% done which is a little disappointing, the game must be very short.

Yes, UC1 is the shortest of the three. But it's still paced really well so you don't feel like it's short once you have finished it. It might seem short right now at being halfway through but trust me, it'll feel just right when you finish it.

But yeah it is shorter than 2 and 3.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member

I remember getting Uncharted 1 for Christmas just after it came out and was pretty shocked to see how quickly I was getting through it. I'm a completionist though so getting the Platinum extended the game out nicely, and of course it was just very fun to play.

Don't expect your first playthroughs to be anything longer than ten hours in the other games though.

rdytoroll

I think the game stats doesn't count cutscenes, only in-game time. Possibly.

On PS3 to get a more accurate representation of the playtime you'd look at the save file which encompasses overall playtime (so cutscenes included).

The game is fairly quick to speedrun through, though, so a first playthrough of 5 hours and 30 minutes (excluding cutscenes) sounds about right to me. Include cutscenes and it's probably closer to 6 hours or 7. UC1 is the shortest of the three.

Yes, UC1 is the shortest of the three. But it's still paced really well so you don't feel like it's short once you have finished it. It might seem short right now at being halfway through but trust me, it'll feel just right when you finish it.

But yeah it is shorter than 2 and 3.

Oh, that makes sense. But yeah it felt like playing a really long movie and it didn't overstay its welcome. Cant wait for the next two. If the second game is as good as people say, oh boy I'm in for a ride. I'm not someone who replays games, but I might do it with this one sometime in the future.

just beat Uncharacter 1, final boss is still jank but i really enjoyed playing it, the controls makes this game way better now

SomTervo

Has Drake even stole anything successfully in the 4 games he's been in? Why is he the master thief all of a sudden?

I think the games skip all the mundane successfull finds/thefts which take place in general, and must make him millions.

Not that the money's important to him.

Played 30 minutes of Uncharted 1...

xooyN48zQs2RNkWSNe8n_FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

Game looks better than I remembered, and while the guns still feel like peashooters and the animation isn't what a AAA game nowadays are, it plays well.

ND should do brighter coloured games more often.

I guess
technically not a theif of the major treasures in the games, he has done many jobs which is why he's sought after by Flynn to help with the lamp etc. He's earned the title.

Go to the Bonus section of Uncharted DF and go to... Rewards/Tweaks or whatever. You should see skins, click skins and they should be there.

They are early unlocks so I doubt they are typical Add-ons.

They're not unlocked though? The wetsuit got unlocked after I picked up the frst treasure but the golden weapons aren't. Nothing else is early unlocked.

NewDust

Just played through "Out of the frying pan"
(car turret sequence)
on chrushing... I am not looking forward to do that on Brutal, shit is so luck based...

Loudninja

Played 30 minutes of Uncharted 1...

pic

Game looks better than I remembered, and while the guns still feel like peashooters and the animation isn't what a AAA game nowadays are, it plays well.

ND should do brighter coloured games more often.
Cant wait to play!

LAA

Just realised the OT title was a trophy in uncharted 1. Great trophy name!
Just beat the first, onto the 2nd now. Possibly my favourite uncharted, though 3rd seemed best in gameplay I think.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck the controller battery life lol, just died on me at 87% completion and the cable is too short to play with it plugged in. Guess I'll go farm my daily in Guild Wars 2 and finish this a bit later.

Curufinwe

Fuck the controller battery life lol, just died on me at 87% completion and the cable is too short to play with it plugged in. Guess I'll go farm my daily in Guild Wars 2 and finish this a bit later.

Buy a USB power adapter and plug the controller into a socket next to you instead of the PS4.

Top Bottom