• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

Hixx

What the hell is this yellow dot on my box?? Got it from gameseek a UK website and this is the first i have seen a yellow dot

Only other yellow i have seen are bundle copies but they always state "this is a bundle copy"

[IM.G]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQylH7IUEAA7ol_.jpg[/IMG]

I think the dot means it's from a certain region. Iirc gameseek (and other smaller UK sites) have been said to have sourced their stock from places like the UAE.

My ShopTo copy arrived this morning and it has no dot.

KalBalboa

Banned
Well, if you compare that package to pretty much every other remasters on the market, the price is pretty good.

Yeah, $60 for three campaigns with remastered visuals seems more than fair to me. The frame rate and resolution bump alone is pretty awesome.

Price is no joke IMO, considering they've done a lot of work on each game and it's 20€/game whereas your common remaster comes at 45+€/game.

Sneak Edit: And also considering it is the price you'd pay for all 3 games on PS3 right now.

You can get all three games used on the PS3 for about $10-15 these days. Gamestop had a sale a few weeks ago where they gave you the whole trilogy for $8.

I'd like to buy this collection but I can't justify it when I have the PS3 versions. I'll upgrade them down the line. Looks like a top notch remaster though, no doubt about that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the first zone and the game looks great, no complaints here, and I assume it'll only get better in the later titles.

Loudninja

You can get all three games used on the PS3 for about $10-15 these days. Gamestop had a sale a few weeks ago where they gave you the whole trilogy for $8.

I'd like to buy this collection but I can't justify it when I have the PS3 versions. I'll upgrade them down the line. Looks like a top notch remaster though, no doubt about that.
Sure you can but you wont have any of of the improvements.

Which is kinda the point.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot how loud the PS4 gets, this game is making it go nuts.

Rwinterhalter

Neo Member
Do unlocks work based on your IP or the region of your PSN account? For example steam unlocks games based on location regardless of whether you bought a US version. This has led to me getting early access for a few games. Since the Asian release date of this game was yesterday, I'm wondering if a US PSN store pre-order will be unlocked after I get off work or whether I'll have to wait for midnight EST on the 9th.

I had some business in Hong Kong this week and hoped to pick the game up but nobody was willing to break street date. I suppose somebody at my local computer shop on the mainland would do it, but I don't feel like giving up three hours of my weekend to sit on a bus and grab a game I can download the day after.

What is the world coming to when shady East Asian game stores won't willingly break street date.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I hope I'm not the only Uncharted n00b who has fallen to his death way too many times lol, I really suck at jumping apparently.

And is it just me or does the blood splatter effect seem really bad? The rest of the game is so beautiful so it really sticks out to me as under par.

hamchan

Playing UC1 on crushing. Seems easier than what I remembered, though maybe it's because I've done it before.

Also reminded
how cold Drake acts to Sully "dying" in chapter 3. Dude does not seem to care that much at all which is a huge difference to how he acted in UC3. Guess they didn't plan that for ahead for Sully and Drake to be super close like father and son.

After two consecutive shipment delays, I decided I'll just grab it digitally. It's $6 cheaper than retail, and I still get a theme so it's not all bad.

PnCIa

I went to a store to buy this today, when i had the box in my hand i realized that this costs 60€. Thats too much for a remaster from my POV. Its not like they pulled a Halo 1 and 2 remaster with nextgen assets or anything. I will wait until this is cheaper...god pc gaming made me so price-sensitive. 10 years ago i would have just burned money on this.

Revven

Holy fuck

Is this true?

Like, to the Uncharted 2/3 system?

Omg

Huh? I don't have the game but I'm pretttyyyy sure UC1 has the same old terrible melee combat it always had. If they did anything to it I'd assume they would have just made the combos easier to do but then I don't have the game yet so I wouldn't know about that either.

But no, it's not UC2 or UC3 melee.

spectator

After two consecutive shipment delays, I decided I'll just grab it digitally. It's $6 cheaper than retail, and I still get a theme so it's not all bad.

Do you know what to do/where to go to download the theme? Mine didn't d/l automatically and nothing came up when I searched the title under "related items".

hamchan

$20 per game for a remaster should be standard pricing really and is more than fair, especially when it was getting ludicrous with GoW3 and Dishonored remasters charging $40 each. I'm glad this is charging a more sensible price.

SomTervo

Huh? I don't have the game but I'm pretttyyyy sure UC1 has the same old terrible melee combat it always had. If they did anything to it I'd assume they would have just made the combos easier to do but then I don't have the game yet so I wouldn't know about that either.

But no, it's not UC2 or UC3 melee.

I only said that because the guy I replied to - who presumably is playing the game due to his sound of surprise - said they had improved it.

And not just improved - he said "upgraded", which sounds more like just making stuff easier.

Playing UC1 on crushing. Seems easier than what I remembered, though maybe it's because I've done it before.

Also reminded
how cold Drake acts to Sully "dying" in chapter 3. Dude does not seem to care that much at all which is a huge difference to how he acted in UC3. Guess they didn't plan that for ahead for Sully and Drake to be super close like father and son.
What are you talking about?
He was definitely very upset, but didn't really have time to sob with multiple guns in his face. What's a little more odd is how when he finds out Sully is alive he suspects he betrayed him. I don't think that thought would even cross the mind of UC2 or UC3 Drake.

Loudninja

I went to a store to buy this today, when i had the box in my hand i realized that this costs 60€. Thats too much for a remaster from my POV. Its not like they pulled a Halo 1 and 2 remaster with nextgen assets or anything. I will wait until this is cheaper...god pc gaming made me so price-sensitive. 10 years ago i would have just burned money on this.
They redid alot of stuff.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-fortune-ps4-nathan-drake-collection-face-off
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-thieves-nathan-drake-collection-ps4-face-off

Revven

I only said that because the guy I replied to - who presumably is playing the game due to his sound of surprise - said they had improved it.

And not just improved - he said "upgraded", which sounds more like just making stuff easier.

The person you quoted was in another thread on the 26th (seriously click the arrow for the quote lol).. it looked more like he was making conjecture based on a video.

Roufianos

I've played about 2 hours of Drake's Fortune. I wasn't exactly crazy about this game back in the day but I really enjoyed what I played.

It looks pretty damn good by modern standards and was surprisingly fun to play.

I think my biggest complaint with this series will always be the clunky looking reticule.

SomTervo

PC gaming definitely teaches you to recognise a real bargain and a real rip-off.

Not that this is a rip-off at all, especially for first time players. But as someone who has all three originals on PS3, it's a little harder to swallow.

Will def get it in the next month when there'll no doubt be a great price drop.

The person you quoted was in another thread on the 26th (seriously click the arrow for the quote lol).. it looked more like he was making conjecture based on a video.

Lol dafuq. No idea how that happened.

Yeah that makes it more likely to be conjecture. The word 'upgraded' is still lingering in my mind, though.

They actually did replace a lot of assets. This is a lot more than a resolution and frame rate buff. Go check out a few reviews.

hamchan

What are you talking about?
He was definitely very upset, but didn't really have time to sob with multiple guns in his face. What's a little more odd is how when he finds out Sully is alive he suspects he betrayed him. I don't think that thought would even cross the mind of UC2 or UC3 Drake.

The next scene after he's escaped the guns he's wisecracking with Elena in a plane and seems unfazed. Suspecting Sully is really weird too you're right, though I recall that might be more Elena than Nate, will see when I get to that scene.

Top Bottom