• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Speevy

Banned
It's not so much leaving them behind as it is veering off the trail.

There's a part when you can take off in a different direction from where Elena is, and she just gets killed.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
BruceLeeRoy said:
Yeah I never had that happen they always stayed pretty close by.

Yeah it happend to me once...i took off into the other direction and uh....well...lets just say Elena didnt fair so well...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So I'm playing thought the game on hard now, also trying to find the remaining treasures.

I have to ask though - that fabled Strange Relic, is it located somewhere in the game before you arrive on the island, or is it somewhere on the island? I'm on mission 4 now, have I already missed it? Also, does it present itself in the game with that blinking shine like the rest of the 'regular' treasures or does it look like something else?

Atrus

Gold Member
Marconelly said:
So I'm playing thought the game on hard now, also trying to find the remaining treasures.

I have to ask though - that fabled Strange Relic, is it located somewhere in the game before you arrive on the island, or is it somewhere on the island? I'm on mission 4 now, have I already missed it? Also, does it present itself in the game with that blinking shine like the rest of the 'regular' treasures or does it look like something else?

The strange relic is on the island itself and looks like any normal treasure. It's placed like the others in an out of the way place but it's not hidden very hard, just in an accessible area you didn't think to explore before.

AKS

I've completed all the difficulty settings but am still missing 3 treasures. I didn't find any more going through crushing, but I guess I was more concerned on not getting 1-hit killed by revolvers. Some of these things are well hidden. I was surprised to learn that there were 60 of these things.

AKS

Pimpwerx said:
Looks like Crushing will have to wait until I'm done tinkering with my new lappy later this week. For the sequel, I'd just ask for some sort of online co-op...at least for some special mode. The AI is quite good, and I know I'd love to have another ace at my side during some of those Crushing fights. The pacing of the firefights in this game beg for an ally. We'll see how those shotty whores like getting outflanked themselves. :D

I'm not sure about online co-op. I'm really pining for an awesome online co-op PS3 game, but I'm not sure this would be the right kind of game for that. Many of the sections involving traps or climbing across crumbling ledges wouldn't work with co-op. I would rather skip co-op than miss those types of cool single-player moments.

I wouldn't mind if a second player could take control of Elena or Sullivan, though. A "special mode" with this feature would be very nice, though. Maybe they could have some ICO-style cooperative climbing or something mixed in with some nice tactical shooting from the original. ND could also use this engine for another type of game that has a greater emphasis on tactical shooting, although I'm more interested in getting more Uncharted games.

AKS said:
I've completed all the difficulty settings but am still missing 3 treasures. I didn't find any more going through crushing, but I guess I was more concerned on not getting 1-hit killed by revolvers. Some of these things are well hidden. I was surprised to learn that there were 60 of these things.

Yeah some of them are tricky little devils.

deepbrown

Marconelly said:

Here's your clue...jump through a window. The clever camera will then give you a clue ;)

Firewire

Banned
You guys see this?

DRAKE’S TRAIL: BIG COMP, BIG PRIZE

Drakeimage1.jpg

"There’s a nice comp running over at www.unchartedps3.com; a Google Maps-powered Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (ARG) alternative reality game. Track down Nathan Drake first and the prize is two return flights to Cancun, seven nights all-in accommodation in a four star hotel and two activities - GPS scavenger hunt and snorkel, and a submarine trip. Ten runners up bag a 26″ TV. The comp runs until the end of January.

Ah yeah, and if you’re a bit handy at this treasure hunting caper, best not to post your solutions to the tasks on here, as you’ll only have a slew of other contestants stealing a march on you"

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=762

Kittonwy

Banned
Marconelly said:
Has anyone tried to see what happens if you shoot at Elena or Sully? I just realized I never even tried doing that, and it never happened by accident either. In fact I think I was actively avoiding doing that, without even thinking twice about it.

You wanna shoot Elena but why rawr?
angry.gif

Firewire said:
You guys see this?

DRAKE’S TRAIL: BIG COMP, BIG PRIZE

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x138/Firewire_02/Drakeimage1.jpg

"There’s a nice comp running over at www.unchartedps3.com; a Google Maps-powered Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (ARG) alternative reality game. Track down Nathan Drake first and the prize is two return flights to Cancun, seven nights all-in accommodation in a four star hotel and two activities - GPS scavenger hunt and snorkel, and a submarine trip. Ten runners up bag a 26″ TV. The comp runs until the end of January.

Ah yeah, and if you’re a bit handy at this treasure hunting caper, best not to post your solutions to the tasks on here, as you’ll only have a slew of other contestants stealing a march on you"

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=762

Meh,
I'm stuck at buckland museum with the paintings, I know i'm supposed to rearrange them but man is it confusing.

*edit* NM, found it ^^

... and now I'm stuck on the next one :p

KZObsessed

I just saw a TV ad for Uncharted here in the UK for the first time.

I missed the beginning, but it seemed to be all gameplay footage with Drake saying:

"Blu-Ray games allow you to feeeel every punch, dodge every bullet" etc :lol

Was very cool, the footage looked amazing of course.

FFObsessed said:
I just saw a TV ad for Uncharted here in the UK for the first time.

I missed the beginning, but it seemed to be all gameplay footage with Drake saying:

"Blu-Ray games allow you to feeeel every punch, dodge every bullet" etc :lol

Was very cool, the footage looked amazing of course.

oh man very cool

Pimpwerx

You can't shoot Elena. There's a friendly fire thing in the game. Can't kill Sully either, even with the sniper rifle. They won't let you pull the trigger at all. Matter of fact, I'm almost 100% sure Elena and Sully are invulnerable. I've personally walked Elena into a nade ambush and she took two direct hits with no damage or stagger. This is on all difficulty settings for me. Not sure how people had problems with Elena dying. Maybe there's a specific chapter where it happens. PEACE.

Wollan

The only place where I have seen her die is on a specific layed out event where you have to take out a big grenader aiming for her while she is shooting some footage..

YYZ

I've had Elena die on me in the cathedral battle (shortly after you first encounter the enemies with the laser-sighted guns). I can't remember if it was normal or hard, but I think it was on hard. I let her do the fighting for too long and she died. I was a little surprised, but I still think ND should make this aspect of the game more difficult.

Wollan

YYZ said:
I still think ND should make this aspect of the game more difficult.

No. This is what ND got right. This is what Valve got right.
Keep it this way. 95% buddy games ultimately fail but not here.

YYZ said:
Well I'm just suggesting that she be a little more mortal, will that be a gamebreaker?

Yeah it would, she would die and you would have to retry from the last checkpoint and just find your self complaining about the dumb AI. What exactly would you gain from that? At least this way it's something you don't have to worry about.

Speevy

Banned
YYZ said:
Well I'm just suggesting that she be a little more mortal, will that be a gamebreaker?

Babysitting NPCs sucks. I can't think of a single game in which protecting someone was a highlight.

Kittonwy

Banned
Speevy said:
Babysitting NPCs sucks. I can't think of a single game in which protecting someone was a highlight.

That's why Uncharted does it so well, the NPCs can take care of themselves and sometimes they're even helpful, and they don't look too clumsy.
Indifferent2.gif

YYZ

Speevy said:
I dunno, my favourite part of God of War II was protecting the translator, especially in Titan mode.

patsu

Kittonwy said:
That's why Uncharted does it so well, the NPCs can take care of themselves and sometimes they're even helpful, and they don't look too clumsy.
Indifferent2.gif

^^^
So true. I take hints from them where to move/hide to avoid being flanked by incoming pirates. They are very helpful in diverting attention, even kill 1-2 pirates for me every time.

deepbrown

patsu said:
^^^
So true. I take hints from them where to move/hide to avoid being flanked by incoming pirates. They are very helpful in diverting attention, even kill 1-2 pirates for me every time.
I just read a review that said the NPC's in uncharted were shit and couldn't shoot anyone. Uhhh

The girl knows how to fight, that's a good thing. It's great that ND took this approach, a more down to earth girl with some wits about her, than say Ashley in RE4. Ditz, and with the survival prospect of a lame seal in False Bay.

Basch

steve said:
Come Christmas I expect it to skyrocket. :D

That's right, because I will be here... then... you know, in the future. I will post a thousand smilies to express my love for the game. One for every post. The sad thing is I probably won't even be able to beat it on Christmas. Oh, brothers! :D

deepbrown said:
I just read a review that said the NPC's in uncharted were shit and couldn't shoot anyone. Uhhh

Well, it won't matter what they think soon. I think the community will be very vocal about this game for the next year. This and Shadow of the Colossus looks to be the two most underrated games of the decade. It is like the media wants Sony to fail. Don't worry, the fans will be vocal enough so that this kind of crap doesn't happen for the sequel. :D

Basch

BobTheFork said:
lol aren't victor and sully the same person?

That's what I thought. Ask deepbrown, he seems to have connections to everything. He would know. I'll try looking for some anyways.

vpance

Elena sure has incredibly broad man-shoulders when you use her costume :lol

^^ really nice wallpaper. Awesome work

Basch

BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey guys this isnt finished but it should go pretty good with Marconnellys new theme*

*Or it will make it so you cant see a damn thing enjoy!

You always have to make the wait harder for me, don't you? Why must you show a lot of hot things to me? :lol That poster makes me feel like I am about to watch a movie. How I wish more games were like this. Ehm, I meant wallpaper, because I totally knew it was wallpaper. :D

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey guys this isnt finished but it should go pretty good with Marconnellys new theme*

*Or it will make it so you cant see a damn thing enjoy!
awesome.jpg
Nice wallpaper! You rock...

Top Bottom