• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Dante

Well the final chapters were
more run and gun for me which I hardly used in the earlier chapters, i feel it helped make the whole gameplay exp feel more varied. Try hiding in cover from those things....I dare you :)

Dante said:
more run and gun for me which I hardly used in the earlier chapters, i feel it helped make the whole gameplay exp feel more varied. Try hiding in cover from those things....I dare you :)

Thats what I loved about it if you had been just skating by combat scenarios before you were really going to have to get good quick near the end.
I must say I was glad the section with the creatures was relatively short as I got tired of them pretty quickly but when you revisit the monestary and your fighting the guys in the courtyard and then in the church at sundown....man single best section in the game for me.

Brashnir

Dante said:

That's how I played it from that point as well, but I hardly found
running in circles and pressing R1 when something was in front of me
to be engaging gameplay, whether it added variety or not. Sometimes sticking with what works is for the best. "Variety" levels are frequently the worst levels in a game, (remember the god-awful vehicle level in Gears of War?) and I didn't find that to be any different here.

Brashnir said:
That's how I played it from that point as well, but I hardly found
running in circles and pressing R1 when something was in front of me
to be engaging gameplay, whether it added variety or not. Sometimes sticking with what works is for the best. "Variety" levels are frequently the worst levels in a game, (remember the god-awful vehicle level in Gears of War?) and I didn't find that to be any different here.

Yeah I more or less agree with you on the
creature parts
I was glad they didnt last too long since I felt they were the weakest part of the game but the last hour easily made up for it.

Kittonwy

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey guys,
1up just posted the 2007 game of the year award nominees:
GO Uncharted

GO UNCHARTED RAWR!!!111!!!
angry.gif

GottiDC

Banned
man i love this game. i just finished it yesturday on hard. it took me 12 hours to beat, and i loved ever min of it. i only collected 14 items. im going threw now on crusing. the graphics on this game is just the best ever.
heres the game on my 42 inch 1080p phillips.pics still dont do the game justice
S6301722.jpg

S6301723.jpg

S6301724.jpg

S6301727.jpg

S6301728.jpg

S6301729.jpg

S6301730.jpg

S6301731.jpg

S6301732.jpg

S6301733.jpg

you gottah love it
IMG_0085.jpg

this is the tv i play on
DSCI0071.jpg

The Chef

GottiDC said:
man i love this game. i just finished it yesturday on hard. it took me 12 hours to beat, and i loved ever min of it. i only collected 14 items. im going threw now on crusing. the graphics on this game is just the best ever.
DSCI0071.jpg

Your background makes me feel funny inside
chef-icon.jpg

The Chef said:
Your background makes me feel funny inside

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

GottiDC said:

Nice shots man it truly is mind-blowingly gorgeous.

The Chef

I cant get enough of this music. My number 1 favorite intro game music of all time is Metal Gear Solid - its just so epic and powerful.

The introduction music to Uncharted however, is easily right up there with the best video game music of all time imo: Intro Music

Listen to it loud!!
If it doesn't give you chills then check to see if you have a god damn pulse

The Chef said:
I cant get enough of this music. My number 1 favorite intro game music of all time is Metal Gear Solid - its just so epic and powerful.

The introduction music to Uncharted however, is easily right up there with the best video game music of all time imo: Intro Music

Listen to it loud!!
If it doesn't give you chills then check to see if you have a god damn pulse

Man no joke

Well I've just completed it on normal, 9 hours and 8 minutes, 43 Treasures and 440 Medal Points.

What an experience, AFW!

I'll tackle hard next.

GottiDC

Banned
Yeah I love it. Its hella nice. I dont has it up there right now though. I have the uncharted theme that that guy on here made. That things looks sick in hd

My personal FAVORITE TRACK in a long list of ones to choose from the game.

the_id said:
I need the music...how do I get them? PM me!

Off Itunes baby!

Can someone post the link to Marconnellys Uncharted Theme?
I am way to lazy to go back tracking and I want to give it to my cousin.

Kittonwy

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
My personal FAVORITE TRACK in a long list of ones to choose from the game.

Off Itunes baby!

My favorite songs are probably Nate's Theme and Sir Francis Drake.
Indifferent2.gif

Maggot9

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
I hate iTunes, but I guess it's not for sale anywhere else or on a physical CD?
Nope, i got mine off iTunes as well.

Nowadays I appreciate not having the physical case, i have too many CD cases in my room.

When you buy an album off iTunes such as this, do you get the actual mp3 files? Stupid question maybe but I have no idea as I've never did it before. I want to buy the album but play the files on a different player.

Speevy

Banned
Just completed Uncharted.

My thoughts:

It's a really fun and enjoyable game. Takes you on a thrill ride with likeable characters, industry-leading presentation, and fun gameplay.

While I wouldn't call it a classic, I would say it's one of the first PS3 games to hang it all out there for people to love and criticize. The firefights (with the
humans
make for some interesting strategy, and I liked being able to choose how I was going to tackle each situation. The endgame was too small a summary of the great parts that had come before, and I felt a bit cheated.

All in all, Uncharted seems to be a work that shows great time, devotion, and love. Next time though, I think Naughty Dog should tackle more varied mechanics and give players the sense that they're escaping from a few deadly entities, and not a clone army. So for example there could be 5 different pirate factions, all with unique baddies ready to take you (and each other) down.

AI was superb, really kept me guessing. Graphics were best of the generation on consoles.

Overall I'd score it a 9.2. I don't think reviewers have been unfair to this game. It's simply a must-play shooter with platforming/adventure elements sprinkled conservatively about it, and while it's an absolute blast to play generally speaking, Uncharted will repeatedly remind you of other games. That's never a bad thing mind you, because Naughty Dog can do any genre well.

the_id

Speevy said:
It's simply a must-play shooter with platforming/adventure elements sprinkled conservatively about it, and while it's an absolute blast to play generally speaking, Uncharted will repeatedly remind you of other games. That's never a bad thing mind you, because Naughty Dog can do any genre well.

That's the thing with Unchartered. It reminds you of some of the best games out there, like Gears of War and **** Raider. All of the elements in the gameplay may not be original, but the combination gives a gaming experience like no other and in my opinion that is what's unique about Unchartered compared to the games it copied.

anyway, I'm curious:
What theories are there about the El-dorado? Sure, its cursed. But that mummy in there, supposidely El-dorado, what is the story with him?

can't wait to beat it again. crushing was easy. just play it like gears, use more cover you know and get head shots a lot of head shots. and avoid getting flanked by those fat dudes with the shotty:lol

dark10x said:
Hmm, that reminds me of Shenmue. :p
Why di yiu guys keep mentioning this game? It just makes me want to replay it yet again and cry that there's no ending to the story. I say Shenmue should be the next banned meme.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
BruceLeeRoy said:
You can get it from here:

http://ps3files.net/theme/336

Today I will put up another update version though. Two more walpapers, and one icon changed (the date & time settings icon will be much more what it should be, I was never too happy with the one in there right now)

AVclub

I just finished this game on normal difficulty. It was pretty good. I liked the exploring and platforming more than the shooting. However, the shooting was done very well also. I'll definitely be playing more to unlock some of the additional content. I only found about 40 treasures.

AVclub said:
I just finished this game on normal difficulty. It was pretty good. I liked the exploring and platforming more than the shooting. However, the shooting was done very well also. I'll definitely be playing more to unlock some of the additional content. I only found about 40 treasures.

40 for your first play-through is pretty dang good man.

GottiDC

Banned
yeah i love the theme, its ver very nice, and it fits the game so well.
heres how it looks on my 42inch 1080p screen
DCFC0084.jpg

DCFC0085.jpg

DCFC0090.jpg

u gottah love it
sorry for crappy camera pics

GottiDC said:
yeah i love the theme, its ver very nice, and it fits the game so well.
heres how it looks on my 42inch 1080p screen
u gottah love it
sorry for crappy camera pics

Man I cant wait to see the new one.
And a new dual shock you son of a bitch.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Has anyone tried to see what happens if you shoot at Elena or Sully? I just realized I never even tried doing that, and it never happened by accident either. In fact I think I was actively avoiding doing that, without even thinking twice about it.

Speevy

Banned
You can't. It won't even let you fire. And neither will die unless you're at one or two points in the game and you just leave them behind.

Top Bottom