• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I'm up to chapter 16 and I can honestly say that this game is better looking than Crysis and GT5 put TOGETHER!!!! Seriously....how does a game look this good! I mean...it is FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing I don't like is all the platforming shit. I thought this game was going to be more shooting than platforming. I suck at platforming. You could literally make a 3hr documentary of how many ways you can fall to your death, if you recorded me playing the game :lol

BeeDog

isamu said:
I'm up to chapter 16 and I can honestly say that this game is better looking than Crysis and GT5 put TOGETHER!!!! Seriously....how does a game look this good! I mean...it is FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing I don't like is all the platforming shit. I thought this game was going to be more shooting than platforming. I suck at platforming. You could literally make a 3hr documentary of how many ways you can fall to your death, if you recorded me playing the game :lol

(neutral) isamu
OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
(Today, 02:03 PM)

:D

wazoo

isamu said:

:lol

To be fair framerate is unstable in the jetsky sections.

Be prepared for Uncharted 2 : cutscenes quality in gameplay sections is the goal.

Goldrusher

wazoo said:

Be prepared for Uncharted 2 : cutscenes quality in gameplay sections is the goal.

I never had any issues with the frame rate. Only the tearing was annoying from time to time, mostly around water falls. (vertical movement of water fall + horizontal movement of camera = lots of tearing)

isamu

Heck, I didnt even NOTICE the tearing? This game has tearing and framerate issues? *pffft*

Oh yeah question...Oh much harder is "hard" over "normal"? Crushing over hard?

Kittonwy

Banned
isamu said:
Heck, I didnt even NOTICE the tearing? This game has tearing and framerate issues? *pffft*

Crushing is rawr.
angry.gif

isamu said:

Hard is hard, but to me, it's just about perfect.

Crushing is nuts. You can play defensively and survive most levels in Hard, but in Crushing you must attack each cover point, each ammo drop, with a plan and a vengeance, or you will be flanked and killed, or run out of ammo and be killed. As I'm attempting to finish Crushing, twice I've been down to my last couple rounds in my gun in a section, and once I was out of guns and down to my last grenade, simply because I didn't go and aggressively pick up ammo hard enough. You must attack. But when you do have a close call like that, where your down to the last weapon, it's great. Totally pulse-pounding.

It's nice how easily you can retry where you die. You can try a lot of strategies in a short amount of time.

When I beat the game on Crushing, it felt like one of my crowning achievements in gaming. I really felt like I did something special.

I can't wait for Uncharted 2!

I played through on easy my first time, which was still pretty hard. Now playing through on hard, the shit I unlocked from my first playthrough (like slow motion and infinite ammo for a few weapons) are the only things keeping me alive. I recommend it.

Grayman

isamu said:

hard is what should be called normal. Crushing is a huge step over hard but well worth it. Some fights that are easy on hard can get brutal on crushing. Like, from reaching the crashed plane until the fortress is assfuckingly hard on crushing. Some of the hardest sections on hard don't scale up in difficulty as much though because you were already dieing fast on hard.

I don't see the point to playing on easy/normal unless you are looking to unlock a medal like steel fist expert.

-viper-

Banned
Is it me or is this game REALLY short?

Currently I'm playing normal mode and I went on the saved data utility and it said my game progress is 49% complete and this was done in 4hours.

I'm at Chapter 9 btw.

isamu

Damn! Crushing is out of the question for me then! Fuck that shit :lol

You shooter vets can lap this shit up no prob but I'm a newbie at this genre, and was dying left and right in some gunfight scenarios like the trap, and the scene where you re-unite with Sully again while he's in the middle of a firefight...and this is just on NORMAL! :lol

Mofos had like 3 or 4 lasers pointed at me at one point, and dodging that shit before getting hit was a pain!

No doubt this game is harder than Gears on Hard. The locusts don't flank and bob and weave nearly as much as the spaniards in this game :lol

Grayman

well trapped is probably hard on any difficulty. It took me a real long time the first time(hard). The second playthrough I found the sniper rifle and still had some trouble(hard). The third time I channeled the power of indiana jones and did it with one or two tries on crushing.

I am at that fight by Sully's side again and what i am going to try again the next time I play is shooting the two guys at the start then rushing the spawn point in the building. I managed to get up there once with all the mercs running past me to engage sully. An M79 guy came out from the corner as soon as I got into a cover point though.

So if you are running out of ideas pop the two mercs from the tunnel, turn left and run forward looking for new and interesting places to hide.

Madman

-viper- said:

Currently I'm playing normal mode and I went on the saved data utility and it said my game progress is 49% complete and this was done in 4hours.

I'm at Chapter 9 btw.
Chapter 9 is less then half way through the game.

-viper- said:

I'm at Chapter 9 btw.

if you pace yourself this game feels a really good length

so...much...variety!

wazoo said:

I´ve never had any framerate issues with Uncharted, thankfully :D

tha_con

Banned
Bearillusion said:
Yeah the tearing is the only flaw with the game. Fix that and they have perfection in disk form.

Because obviously the game sucks and is not perfect with tearing.

The tearing wasn't that serious.

tha_con said:
Because obviously the game sucks and is not perfect with tearing.

The tearing wasn't that serious.

I think the game is amazing and has the best graphics I've ever seen. Feel free to put words in my mouth though.

Kittonwy

Banned
isamu said:
Damn! Crushing is out of the question for me then! Fuck that shit :lol

You shooter vets can lap this shit up no prob but I'm a newbie at this genre, and was dying left and right in some gunfight scenarios like the trap, and the scene where you re-unite with Sully again while he's in the middle of a firefight...and this is just on NORMAL! :lol

Mofos had like 3 or 4 lasers pointed at me at one point, and dodging that shit before getting hit was a pain!

No doubt this game is harder than Gears on Hard. The locusts don't flank and bob and weave nearly as much as the spaniards in this game :lol

Ima not shooter vet.
Indifferent2.gif

I got the game a bit back and finally got a chance to put some quality time into it the past week.

There is so much I could say about it, but I'm just lazy right now, but simply put.....

.....what a fantastic game!

Madman

Opus Angelorum said:
Too early, or because of the focus on current titles?
Way too early. I would expect U2 in 09 at the earliest. Shown off at GDC 09 for the first time, maybe later a la Motorstorm 2.

GeoramA

TheGuardian said:
As much as I loved Uncharted, I hope they show a new Jak game at this year's E3, then Uncharted 2 in 09
While I'm curious to see how a Jak title would look on new hardware, I'd take another adventure as Nathan Drake over anything right now. He's best main character to come around in a LONG time.

GeoramA said:
While I'm curious to see how a Jak title would look on new hardware, I'd take another adventure as Nathan Drake over anything right now. He's best main character to come around in a LONG time.
THIS!!!! rawr

:D

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
quetz67 said:
cant find the demo on the new european store :-(

srsly ? :lol @ SCEE

but man evey european with PS3 should create an US PSN account to get demos and other stuff early from US store ( it's free and very easy to make , take 5 mins max )

darscot

I'm late to the party on this one but damn if this isn't the best looking game I have ever played. I'm sure the graphics whores out there can name other titles that look better but this game has it all from art style to lighting. The jungle, the water the sunshine it all comes together perfectly.

isamu

I haven't been this hooked on a non-Ridge Racer game since Bioshock. I'm up to ch.4 on Crushing and HOLY FUCKING SHIT this bitch is hard as FUCK!!! :lol :lol :lol

I'm determined to get as far as I can on crushing but I have a feeling I won't get too far :lol

These guys flank you like a motherfucker! Two hits and bam, you're dead! I'm loving it though. The real fucked up part is that they've completely disabled the equip any weapon you've unlocked at any time menu so you're FORCED to play through the game with just the regular weapons you find as you go along. Ditto for slomotion :lol

I really REALLY can't wait for U2!!!!

wotter

Ditto, crushing is so difficult. I'm at the end of chapter 4 and already died many, many times. I don't think I'll ever beat it on crushing.

isamu

wotter said:
already died many, many times..

I bet I got you beat. My number of bullet-riddled deaths is somewhere in the 1000's :lol

Top Bottom