• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

This is def one of my most favorite games of this gen. It has undoubtedly the best voice acting and probably the best animation this gen. It's just incredible all around. None of the dialogue sounds forced and the character interaction is incredible. Replaying it got me really amped for Uncharted 2.

I'm at 64% on my trophy run and I should have a plat in about 2-3 days. Gotta get 30 more treasures, do the crushing play-through, and get the survivor trophy. Getting trophies is fucking addictive though, I would have never thought I'd say it. I'm to the point where I'll pretty much always get the PS3 version of a game because of trophies. I'm hoping Sony wises up and tie trophies to Home items/currency to give people some sort of incentive to get trophies.

bdizzle said:
This is def one of my most favorite games of this gen. It has undoubtedly the best voice acting and probably the best animation this gen. It's just incredible all around. None of the dialogue sounds forced and the character interaction is incredible. Replaying it got me really amped for Uncharted 2.

I'm at 64% on my trophy run and I should have a plat in about 2-3 days. Gotta get 30 more treasures, do the crushing play-through, and get the survivor trophy. Getting trophies is fucking addictive though, I would have never thought I'd say it. I'm to the point where I'll pretty much always get the PS3 version of a game because of trophies. I'm hoping Sony wises up and tie trophies to Home items/currency to give people some sort of incentive to get trophies.

Yeah, remember when trophies were 3D icons to display in your Home space....? Ah, those were the days.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Yeah, remember when trophies were 3D icons to display in your Home space....? Ah, those were the days.

Yeah, but it's all about potential so we should wait while Sony promises to implement them one day.

Kittonwy

Banned
bdizzle said:
Just got my platinum :D

Congratz on teh platinumum!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm on chapter 20 of my crushing playthrough. I hope to finish it tonight. Man I played so much of this game this week... 3 playthroughs in 4 days.

It surprised me how smooth my crushing run went. I hardly hit any frustrating bits. The pirates in the early levels stupidly rush towards you, which basically makes for an easy kill with the shotty or melee. I also learned that manual aiming/covering works better than covering with O in some big encounters. The large encounters in chapter 4 are tense, everything after that is just like playing on hard.

My favorite moment of this playthrough was when i found a hidden sniper rifle behind some stairs in one of the epic custom's house encounters. There was a turret at the back so that thing was a major help. it came as a surprise because the 'official' introduction of the sniper rifle came a few chapters later.

Wow, I'm blown away by this game. I don't own a PS3, but have been playing Uncharted on a relatives' PS3. By far the best action/adventure game I've played in a long time. The feeling of the game is that of a good Indiana Jones type flick, with all of the big budget movie production values to boot. Some parts are frustrating, like the jet ski which turns into more of a tank level (go a short distance, stop, shoot, rinse, repeat) and a few shooting parts. However the platforming and all of the evident polish that went into it make up for those parts.

To put this in context, Uncharted is the only reason I've wanted to play the PS3, other than that I've used it as a Blu-Ray/DVD player. But damn it's a good game.

So, uh... sorry for the bump guys, but I need a help... actually a friend of mine.

He told me he got a lot of trophies and treasures in the game but it never saves the information... what could it be? =/

Insane Metal said:
So, uh... sorry for the bump guys, but I need a help... actually a friend of mine.

He told me he got a lot of trophies and treasures in the game but it never saves the information... what could it be? =/
Anybody plz? :(

Insane Metal said:

My game stopped giving me trophies when I decided to use more than 1 save file. Had to restart and stick to one save file for it to work properly.

Yeah start a fresh file and go from there. You CAN have multiple saves for backups and stuff, but you have to start a new game after the patch and all those saves gotta come from that new game.

AranhaHunter said:
Yeah start a fresh file and go from there. You CAN have multiple saves for backups and stuff, but you have to start a new game after the patch and all those saves gotta come from that new game.
Oh, that sucks :(

thx for the info guys.

Binabik15

I got my Platinum yesterday. Yay!

It was my fourth playthrough since the patch, but the last time I didn´t start a new game and got no trophies. But played through normal, hard and crushing anyway :lol

This time I started a new game and I now have finished Uncharted for the seventh time total since release. This game is so awesome, everybody bow at Naughty Dog!!11!one and Uncharted!!!!1one!1 RAWR

My favourite game this gen and maybe ever. Everything just clicks for me (yes, I love the jet ski parts and if the *twist* enemies could be melee´d, even them), can´t wait for Uncharted 2, but Elena will be missed.

Except for that tiny jump after you make your way through the U-boat dock, it cost me the survivor medal in two playthroughs and can die in a fire

Gibb

amazing how this game is still getting discovered by people! first game I bought for my PS3, and first game I played through multiple times.. I love it.

and grats to all the platinum winners!

can't wait for Uncharted 2!

Banned
replaying the game at the moment and just noticed something...

Elena's camera is branded Camvid, whereas before it was made by Sony. I'm not sure if it's always been like this in the final version. I just know for sure the demo's camera was branded Sony.

Did anyone else notice this and know the reason for the change? has it been brought up by any of the devs?

Okay so I started my trophy run today. I got a lot of them, but the Kill 50 enemies w/Moss did not register. I got the reward points but the trophy didn't pop up. I read up on this and found out that it has something to do with a patch and the save files.

Thing is, I've been racking up trophies all day with no problems at all, but then the 50 Moss kills and the Steel Fist that I just did didn't register as trophies. I'm not sure why it would start acting up now. Any tips?

Bumping this with fingers crossed. I really want to keep getting trophies but I'm not going to put the effort into it without understanding how the trophy update works. Again I know I read that you have to start a new save or something but I had been getting trophies all day yesterday and it suddenly stopped working out of the blue.

Synless

brandonh83 said:
Bumping this with fingers crossed. I really want to keep getting trophies but I'm not going to put the effort into it without understanding how the trophy update works. Again I know I read that you have to start a new save or something but I had been getting trophies all day yesterday and it suddenly stopped working out of the blue.
You may have to start a new file seperate from the one you already have. That's really weird it didn't register though. Try doing it a few more times and see if maybe it pops up a little bit later.

Also you loaded the right file right? You don't have an older file you might have accidently loaded up from before the patch?

Synless said:
You may have to start a new file seperate from the one you already have. That's really weird it didn't register though. Try doing it a few more times and see if maybe it pops up a little bit later.

Also you loaded the right file right? You don't have an older file you might have accidently loaded up from before the patch?

I really don't think so. Last night I went through and deleted every file I had except for one, which has all my medals and treasures. I'll keep messing with it.

Synless

brandonh83 said:
I really don't think so. Last night I went through and deleted every file I had except for one, which has all my medals and treasures. I'll keep messing with it.
Hmmmm, that really is weird. I haven't heard of any problems since the patch came out. If all else fails though start a new game using the same file you've been using just make sure you select the start without medals and skill points option when you do it.

Firestorm

I just started playing this recently. It's amazing how easily you can find the path to take most of time even though there are no obvious jarring visual cues. Amazing level design. Checking Wikipedia, I found out that the level designer for the Genesis Sonic games worked on this too. *bows*

Synless said:
Hmmmm, that really is weird. I haven't heard of any problems since the patch came out. If all else fails though start a new game using the same file you've been using just make sure you select the start without medals and skill points option when you do it.

It's pretty ridiculous, you wouldn't think it would have to be that specific just to get the trophies. Oh well, can't complain, amazing game and fun trophies to get.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Firestorm said:
I just started playing this recently. It's amazing how easily you can find the path to take most of time even though there are no obvious jarring visual cues. Amazing level design. Checking Wikipedia, I found out that the level designer for the Genesis Sonic games worked on this too. *bows*

not anymore Yasuhara san left Naughty Dog for Scamco :(

anyway enjoy , it's damn great game , imo still the best on PS3 :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
brandonh83 said:
I started a new file and the trophies are working. Problem solved I guess. 6 left. Too bad I'll never, ever beat Crushing.
Crushing isn't too bad. It's the only highest difficulty that I felt was fair. Once you get used to the AI it's a hell of a lot of fun and definitely do-able.

NG28

I gotta show this thread to my roommate so maybe he will buy this for his new ps3, because I sure can't convince him.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so I was just playing Uncharted, and I got to a section that has always bugged me, because I feel like I'm doing it wrong, so I paused and came here to ask this question.

At the very end of the first jet-ski section there's a ramp you ride off, before being forced to slowly move toward the bit where you can jump off the jet-ski.

My question has to do with the ramp. When you go over it, the game switches to a cinematic camera-angle, as if its prepping for an awesome jump or something, but every SINGLE time, in all of my many playthroughs, I never hit the ramp at a good pace, I always slow down like hell on the way up and end up pathetically falling of the ramp. Is there some sort of boost option I'm missing, or is that meant to be a joke? It seems trivial, but I can't, for the life of me, work out what the point of that camera angle is.

Grayman

Rez said:
Okay, so I was just playing Uncharted, and I got to a section that has always bugged me, because I feel like I'm doing it wrong, so I paused and came here to ask this question.

At the very end of the first jet-ski section there's a ramp you ride off, before being forced to slowly move toward the bit where you can jump off the jet-ski.

My question has to do with the ramp. When you go over it, the game switches to a cinematic camera-angle, as if its prepping for an awesome jump or something, but every SINGLE time, in all of my many playthroughs, I never hit the ramp at a good pace, I always slow down like hell on the way up and end up pathetically falling of the ramp. Is there some sort of boost option I'm missing, or is that meant to be a joke? It seems trivial, but I can't, for the life of me, work out what the point of that camera angle is.
There is no boost and I have never seen a cool high flying jump. The point is probably to show the lame trickle in as a cool jump or to prevent getting stuck on the walkway on the other side of the "ramp". If the jump was under control you could probably get the jet ski stuck and break the scripts.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Grayman said:
There is no boost and I have never seen a cool high flying jump. The point is probably to show the lame trickle in as a cool jump or to prevent getting stuck on the walkway on the other side of the "ramp". If the jump was under control you could probably get the jet ski stuck and break the scripts.
Ah, that would make sense. Thanks.

Started playing AGAIN (not a bad thing at all) and when I got to the cutscene where Drake and Sully leave Elena behind I thought: "Uncharted 2 better fucking deliver when it comes to this kind of drama/character interaction/dialogue/story...".

That feeling of knowing Drake and Sully have a sense of history and not even questioning where they came from because it already feels like we know them thanks to the delivery by the actors. Even the build up of the story when they go over the newfound book and start explaining the history which sets up the epic story that we're about to explore.

Among Theives better give me these vibes. I have faith but at the same time I just feel like this will have sequelitus. I really hope Sully and Elena play a decent role in this game and are not just thrown in because ND had no plans for the characters. They better not have a scene included just for the sake of pleasing the fans who keep asking where they are.

Am I too attached to this game and making too big of a deal...? Maybe :lol. But to me, it's not just the gameplay that had me in love with UDF. It was the whole package. The fact that it played so well was a bonus. And so far, all we've been shown were some gloomy bits of cutscenes, no sign of Sully and Elena, and a brief gameplay video. I guess I just want to be shown what I want to see.

Oh... I should say this: I can't fucking wait for Uncharted 2. Just in case people think I'm a little too pessimistic :D .

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Started playing AGAIN (not a bad thing at all) and when I got to the cutscene where Drake and Sully leave Elena behind I thought: "Uncharted 2 better fucking deliver when it comes to this kind of drama/character interaction/dialogue/story...".

That feeling of knowing Drake and Sully have a sense of history and not even questioning where they came from because it already feels like we know them thanks to the delivery by the actors. Even the build up of the story when they go over the newfound book and start explaining the history which sets up the epic story that we're about to explore.

Among Theives better give me these vibes. I have faith but at the same time I just feel like this will have sequelitus. I really hope Sully and Elena play a decent role in this game and are not just thrown in because ND had no plans for the characters. They better not have a scene included just for the sake of pleasing the fans who keep asking where they are.

Am I too attached to this game and making too big of a deal...? Maybe :lol. But to me, it's not just the gameplay that had me in love with UDF. It was the whole package. The fact that it played so well was a bonus. And so far, all we've been shown were some gloomy bits of cutscenes, no sign of Sully and Elena, and a brief gameplay video. I guess I just want to be shown what I want to see.

Oh... I should say this: I can't fucking wait for Uncharted 2. Just in case people think I'm a little too pessimistic :D .

Heh, I wouldn't worry at all...ND are talking like Uncharted was just there warm up...I think Uncharted 2 will blow the first game away on every level... Not to start anything, but I expect the game to probably surpass gears 2 in terms of improving on the prequel... its going to be huge

Just started Uncharted guys. I am so pumped. Watching the introduction right now.

I fucking love how nonchalant Nathan is about the fact they are going to be overrun by pirates. :lol :lol :lol :lol

The_Inquisitor said:
Just started Uncharted guys. I am so pumped. Watching the introduction right now.

I fucking love how nonchalant Nathan is about the fact they are going to be overrun by pirates. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Awesome. Just make sure you keep us informed in this thread on how much you're liking it as you get through the game. Otherwise, you're not doing it right.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Awesome. Just make sure you keep us informed in this thread on how much you're liking it as you get through the game. Otherwise, you're not doing it right.

Watching the second movie. The writing is fantastic so far!

You're a real gentleman Sully...

And OMFG at the foliage!

EDIT:

HIS PANTS. THEY ARE WET!

Well I ran around like a dumbass for a couple of minutes. I saw the rock I needed to push over, but no way to climb up to it. I did manage to snag a second treasure though. Finally found that goddamn treestump and climbed over to it.

Into the cave full of bats I go...

Cartman86

Banned
bdizzle said:

This is so true. It's so amazing how little it got recognized for this aspect when it came out.

NameIess

It's still mindblowing to consider ND are actually working to improve the visuals and gameplay mechanics. Honestly I would have been happy with new content using the current engine, but refinements in addition to new conent is icing on the cake...

I have stated this many times, but once again the best action adventure title released this decade and perhaps ever...

NameIess said:
It's still mindblowing to consider ND are actually working to improve the visuals and gameplay mechanics. Honestly I would have been happy with new content using the current engine, but refinements in addition to new conent is icing on the cake...

I have stated this many times, but once again the best action adventure title released this decade and perhaps ever...

This game looks fantastic already so far. In fact I like it a lot better than Killzone 2's environment thus far.

Edit:
Did he just scream falling into the big pool of water after that speech about being in worse? :lol :lol

EDIT2:
HOLY SHIT AT CATWALK COLLAPSE RUNNING SCENE!!!!!

Top Bottom