• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

oo Kosma oo said:
Buying COD4 today will make me skip this demo and be wowed when the game hits
I'm weak and will play demo anyway prob :(

Anyone else trying to skip the demo?
Waarom zou je in godsnaam de demo willen skippen?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Agent X said:
Sadly, Sony (at least in the US) doesn't make an effort to offer "collector's editions" for any of their games. Meanwhile, Microsoft does this on almost all of their major releases now--metal box, bonus disc, and whatnot.

The mere fact that companies like Microsoft (and others) bother to produce a collector's edition package draws more positive attention to the game. It elevates the status of that game in people's minds, even if they don't plan on buying the collector's edition themselves. They're more likely to consider a game that has a separate collector's edition available to be a grade-A game, regardless of that game's actual quality.

The bottom line is that it appears to be an effective marketing tool. Sony ought to try it someday.
That is so very true - every single word. It just looks like SCEA doesn't understand this, they really really seem to try to avoid multiple SKUs whenever they possibly can for some reason.
SCEE on the other hand does release a collector's edition for some of their games (Ico, SotC). I'd pay good money for that Uncharted Press Kit. Was it given away through PSU? Loudninja how did you get it?

Agent X said:
Sadly, Sony (at least in the US) doesn't make an effort to offer "collector's editions" for any of their games. Meanwhile, Microsoft does this on almost all of their major releases now--metal box, bonus disc, and whatnot.

While true, one thing to keep in mind is that you take something like HS and all the stuff they put on a BR is basically a LE for other games aside from it not coming in a special package.

Maybe someone should ask them why they don't do LE's. They've got some upcoming games that'd be perfect for it. How about a LBP LE that comes with a sackboy plush?

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
While true, one thing to keep in mind is that you take something like HS and all the stuff they put on a BR is basically a LE for other games aside from it not coming in a special package.

Maybe someone should ask them why they don't do LE's. They've got some upcoming games that'd be perfect for it. How about a LBP LE that comes with a sackboy plush?

Sackboy plush would be afw rawr. Teh demo is so close I can almost taste it.
Indifferent2.gif

Station42

Kittonwy said:
Sackboy plush would be afw rawr. Teh demo is so close I can almost taste it.
Indifferent2.gif
what was the time, again? here in italy it's already Thursday from 16h and a half...i mean, i'm tasting the demo since yesterday... T_T i just can't get used to usa time.

Pachimari

Marconelly said:
That is so very true - every single word. It just looks like SCEA doesn't understand this, they really really seem to try to avoid multiple SKUs whenever they possibly can for some reason.
SCEE on the other hand does release a collector's edition for some of their games (Ico, SotC). I'd pay good money for that Uncharted Press Kit. Was it given away through PSU? Loudninja how did you get it?
I think every magazine/website gets the presskit; we got it at our "offices" as well.
So today is the day everyone of you will get to try out Uncharted; look forward to it, it's good as you already know =)

FnordChan

That Uncharted press kit is swank, but it shouldn't be released as a Collector's Edition...that should simply be the regular edition of the game, ala the glory days of Infocom and their Grey Box releases. If you aren't familiar with 'em, take a look at, say, the material released for their two Douglas Adams games, Bureaucracy and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Those sorts of extras routinely came with every Infocom game. Collector's Edition my ass.

FnordChan

Firewire

Banned
Lion Heart said:
Ah that would suck balls. For an unrelated reason, I skipped school today so I would really like to play NOW dammit.

Yeah it would be nice. But usually PSN gets updated I think around 5-6:00pm EST. I doubt it'll come any earlier!

Kittonwy

Banned
Lion Heart said:
Ah that would suck balls. For an unrelated reason, I skipped school today so I would really like to play NOW dammit.

LOLOLOL. You're going to spend the day waiting for teh demo?
Indifferent2.gif

Pachimari

Firewire said:
Yeah it would be nice. But usually PSN gets updated I think around 5-6:00pm EST. I doubt it'll come any earlier!
So if we say it's at that time, how many hours will be left from now on?

Pachimari

Ah too bad then. Then no use for a demo now as I'm going to play the review copy tomorrow, anyway, I'll play the demo afterwards. Then I'll go to my driving school, oh well... =/

Basch

I created one avatar if anyone wants to use it. Just remember to save it to a memory unit and then upload it to your own image hosting album: in case mine fails. :D

UnchartedAvatar-DrakeatScenicViewRE.jpg

But, seriosly, one avatar?!? Making avatars is harder than I thought. Man, that took a lot of time to spiffy up. Working on others, though.

Firewire

Banned
Basch said:
I created one avatar if anyone wants to use it. Just remember to save it to a memory unit and then upload it to your own image hosting album: in case mine fails. :D

UnchartedAvatar-DrakeatScenicViewRE.jpg

But, seriosly, one avatar?!? Making avatars is harder than I thought. Man, that took a lot of time to spiffy up. Working on others, though.

Do you have photoshop? If so it is really easy.

Basch

Firewire said:
Do you have photoshop? If so it is really easy.

I do. CS3 to be specific. :D It's just hard to pick the right pictures, and they must have light colors or else no one can see the outlines of the characters and objects that well. I'm working on more, though. Maybe I'll get another done in five hours. :lol

Oh, mother lamas! :lol You changed your avatar. Ever since I've been reading these Uncharted topics, whenever I see lamas I crack up.

Firewire

Banned
Basch said:
I do. CS3 to be specific. :D It's just hard to pick the right pictures, and they must have light colors or else no one can see the outlines of the characters and objects that well. I'm working on more, though. Maybe I'll get another done in five hours. :lol

Yeah same here. Allot of the Uncharted pics are dark, I've just been using "levels" to lighten them up a bit. I haven't transfered all my automations from CS2 to CS3 yet, which makes it a little bit more time intensive.

Madman

Valkyr Junkie said:
Alright. This ad + Drake. Go!!!
http://i10.tinypic.com/6okdpp0.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
I saw that ad at the bottom of the page, and got to thinking that Sony should try and pull an Assasin's Creed/South park with Man vs. Wild and Uncharted. I just don't know how viable it would be given the demographics and ratings for the show vs. the game.

Azsori

The network is going to be hit harder than it ever has today...downloads are running fast as of now, hopefully it stays that way...I don't want to complete COD4 single player start to finish while waiting for the Uncharted download...

Edit: Scrolling through this thread and seeing so many Uncharted / Naughty Dog avatars is amazing :D.

Firewire

Banned
Azsori said:
The network is going to be hit harder than it ever has today...downloads are running fast as of now, hopefully it stays that way...I don't want to complete COD4 single player start to finish while waiting for the Uncharted download...

Yeah it'll get hit hard for sure, but if you get any slow down pause your download & restart the download a second latter. It always works for me, for some reason or another.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Firewire said:
Yeah it'll get hit hard for sure, but if you get any slow down pause your download & restart the download a second latter. It always works for me, for some reason or another.

Yeah I noticed that worked for me as well a for demo when they would not run I just thought it was my download, it's crazy that you have to do that though in order to keep it going come on Sony fix it!

belvedere

Junior Butler
Yeah, so I brought my PSP to work like I do every Thursday, but this Thursday I left my PS3 off in anticipation of trying the remote start feature. I'm getting a fucking timeout error. I really wanted to have Uncharted waiting for me when I got home.

Fuck.

Firewire

Banned
Elbrain said:
Yeah I noticed that worked for me as well a for demo when they would not run I just thought it was my download, it's crazy that you have to do that though in order to keep it going come on Sony fix it!

I'm not sure it has anything to do with Sony, I tend to think its internet providers.

Basch

Firewire said:
But what does it all mean?

Good scores though!

Someone by the Username of Jenslyn87 at Gamefaqs translated a little bit of it...

"WOW!" That was the first word that came to my mind when playing this game. I've never seen anything like it, and its really quite overwhelming. Every graphical detail of the game has been worked on and I lack words to describe it. When you walk through bushes you actually see them bending and twitching naturally and the water of DFis up there with the very best. I have never seen graphics this good on any console and in my opinion it sets a whole new standard for what can be done graphically in-game.

Last part of final note: "... therefore I want to say that this is probably THE PS3 game of the year. When you've started, you don't wanna stop again until you are through, so make sure to have plenty of coke and popcorn ready when you get around to playing this amazing game. It doesn't get much better than this."

Top Bottom