• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The fact we common folk can't get a LE of this game like that press kit is a total failure on Sony's part. Of all the games with limited editions, this one has the most potential since you are looking for treasure and maps and clues are fun to sift through.

JB1981

DenogginizerOS said:
The fact I can't get a LE of this game like that press kit is a total fialure on Sony's part. Of all the games with limited editions, this one has the most potential since you are looking for treasure and maps and clues are fun to sift thorugh.
Man so agreed.

COD 4 Wednesday is currently in progress, fyi :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DenogginizerOS said:
The fact we common folk can't get a LE of this game like that press kit is a total failure on Sony's part. Of all the games with limited editions, this one has the most potential since you are looking for treasure and maps and clues are fun to sift through.

I thought the blu-ray disc will be stuffed with a lot of goodies.

Oh CRAP at the PSU goodies!!!! Sony that is how you do a special edition now give it to me.

Kittonwy

Banned
neojubei said:
I thought the blu-ray disc will be stuffed with a lot of goodies.

Oh CRAP at the PSU goodies!!!! Sony that is how you do a special edition now give it to me.

I KIND OF want that too, but then sometimes I think that's just a lot of crap to go through when I just want to take the disc out and pop it in the machine to play the game.
Indifferent2.gif

patsu

DenogginizerOS said:

I concur !

The next best thing they can do is to run Uncharted marketing event, and give away these to winners/participants/buyers.

Loudninja

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Hands-on

US, November 7, 2007 - For months, you've been fawning over jaw dropping screenshots from and rereading adoring articles about Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, but that stuff doesn't matter anymore. Sure, you still have to wait about two weeks before you can peel back the plastic and dive into Naughty Dog's latest Sony title, but tomorrow, you get to play part of it for yourself.

That's all we've been doing today, and we think you're going to be pretty pleased.

The demo opens with the familiar scene of Elena and her camera recording Nathan Drake and the inside of a small plane as the duo cruises toward an island in search of Sir Francis Drake's fortune. Then, all hell breaks loose.

One of the engines goes up in flames, the plane starts going down, and our adventurous couple -- although they're not a couple like that … yet -- bails out with a pair of parachutes and land in different leafy places.

Now, we at IGN are lucky. We've seen this and played this section before. We're used to taking Drake through the lush jungle landscapes, scaling mossy rocks and blasting holes in the worst kind of pirates.

Take it from us, this game has never looked this good.

There's still a screen tear here and a texture pop-in there, but when Drake wades through the water, his pant legs get wet. When he goes for a full on swim, he's drenched from head to toe. The sunlight filters in through the trees and creates shadows on the ground; the ancient artifacts you use for cover break up in gunfire; and when Nathan takes damage, the bright, lively colors of the natural environment bleed out to ghostly black and white vision.

You'll get used to the colorless view quickly.

It's not that the villains in Uncharted are that difficult, but they do throw caution to the wind and occasionally -- gasp -- think for themselves. Don't get us wrong, there's still a lot of shooting, crouching and standing up in the exact same spot, but occasionally you'll run into the bad guy that flanks your position while you try and take out a sniper.

.Luckily -- even in this demo -- you're far from unarmed in Uncharted. During the 15 or 20 minutes this game should take you to plow through, you'll come to know your trusty handgun, grenades and a messy shotgun -- when you pick this bad boy up after your second gate kick-in, make sure you get up close and personal with the bad guys for some bloody and brutal blasts.

If the toys weren't enough to get you excited for combat, Uncharted's combo/hand-to-hand attacks should be. Aside from watching Nate throw stiff jabs, you'll be able to link together attacks to have the man finish foes with kicks to the groin, elbows to the face and -- for the wrestling marks out there -- an enziguri.

We could chat all day about our dip in the Uncharted pool, but why ruin your Thursday fun? Until you have your go at the jungle tale, check out today's screens and videos and anxiously await next week's review.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/833/833632p1.html

and new vids!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/833/833632p1.html

Kittonwy

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
:lol :lol JUSt FOR AIMING!!!!:lol :lol
uncharted-drakes-fortune-2007110-6.jpg

Holy shit Drake looks so detailed, none of that overused normal-map bullshit (I'm not saying ND doesn't use normal maps, but they don't overuse it like other devs for other games). His hair actually looks like hair.
Indifferent2.gif

DenogginizerOS said:

Indeed. I'd pay good money for this. I'm a special packaging and pack-in bonus whore, and this might be the first game package that could actually compete with even rather basic CD packages I've collected over the years. And of course, it's not available for consumers. Fuck you, gaming industry.

Anyone know yet if the Uncharted demo is going to be on the EU/AU/NZ store relatively soon after the US store? Or do we have to wait until December or something?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Freestyler said:
Anyone know yet if the Uncharted demo is going to be on the EU/AU/NZ store relatively soon after the US store? Or do we have to wait until December or something?

Haha probably not.

AU used to have a release date of 15th of December for the full game but that has been removed from Sony's official release list. Who knows when we'll get it.

Just make a US account for the demo.

And buy an import copy from the states. It's cheaper anyway
and you can help their ailing economy

Basch

Freestyler said:

From what I here, many people are just creating U.S. accounts and using it to download the demo. I would think that by the end of November the demo would be available in Europe, but that's just a guess and only if they keep the release date as it is. Don't know about the others: probably a week or two before their respective releases, as well.

Okay, now that I got that out of the way, this message should be fairly inconspicuously hidden. First of all, you guys need to bear more Uncharted avatars if you plain on bombarding any forum. Secondly, are you guys crazy? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Assassin's Creed fans who also like Uncharted. They will read these boards. You can't unfoil your plans in the open like that. I have a better idea. Why not invade the Official Super Mario Galaxy thread? Those naive denizens of Nintendo won't see it coming! They would never even consider poor wittle handicapped Drake to ever pose a threat to their overweight plumber. I also suggest from here on out we use spoiler tags only to communicate our intricate and devious plans. Then Uncharted shall rule the world! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha! :lol Oh noes! Exposed! Now everyone is going to read to find out what I'm laughing about. Even though, nothing can stop us now! Drake's shicksel forever!

Kittonwy

Banned
Freestyler said:

Download teh US demo rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Agent X

DenogginizerOS said:

Sadly, Sony (at least in the US) doesn't make an effort to offer "collector's editions" for any of their games. Meanwhile, Microsoft does this on almost all of their major releases now--metal box, bonus disc, and whatnot.

The mere fact that companies like Microsoft (and others) bother to produce a collector's edition package draws more positive attention to the game. It elevates the status of that game in people's minds, even if they don't plan on buying the collector's edition themselves. They're more likely to consider a game that has a separate collector's edition available to be a grade-A game, regardless of that game's actual quality.

The bottom line is that it appears to be an effective marketing tool. Sony ought to try it someday.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
ITS THURSDAY! only a few more hours to go... Damn I have already watched too many videos, the demo may be ruined for me.

Dizzan said:
Haha probably not.

AU used to have a release date of 15th of December for the full game but that has been removed from Sony's official release list. Who knows when we'll get it.

And buy an import copy from the states. It's cheaper anyway
and you can help their ailing economy

I'm pretty sure the new release date is set at the 6th of December. It will be a nice christmas present :D

Dizzan said:
Haha probably not.

And buy an import copy from the states. It's cheaper anyway and you can help their ailing economy

Wow I didn't realise there were no region restrictions on PS3 games? I only got my PS3 last weekend (AU/NZ 40GB version) and have hardly touched it. So I can just import it from the US?

In that case, the game will be like $4 NZD thanks to the 'USeless' dollar.

deepbrown

Basch said:
From what I here, many people are just creating U.S. accounts and using it to download the demo. I would think that by the end of November the demo would be available in Europe, but that's just a guess and only if they keep the release date as it is. Don't know about the others: probably a week or two before their respective releases, as well.

Okay, now that I got that out of the way, this message should be fairly inconspicuously hidden. First of all, you guys need to bear more Uncharted avatars if you plain on bombarding any forum. Secondly, are you guys crazy? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Assassin's Creed fans who also like Uncharted. They will read these boards. You can't unfoil your plans in the open like that. I have a better idea. Why not invade the Official Super Mario Galaxy thread? Those naive denizens of Nintendo won't see it coming! They would never even consider poor wittle handicapped Drake to ever pose a threat to their overweight plumber. I also suggest from here on out we use spoiler tags only to communicate our intricate and devious plans. Then Uncharted shall rule the world! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha! :lol Oh noes! Exposed! Now everyone is going to read to find out what I'm laughing about. Even though, nothing can stop us now! Drake's shicksel forever!

Mwah haha. So handsome.:D My drake is horny for your drake. :lol
2zohtzl.gif
UnchartedAVATARVer2-1.jpg

Your Drake looks like "WTF, get away from me dude!"
:lol

BatmanX

Anastacio said:
Just learned from my boss, that we got the presskit as well, now I'll have to work off my butt to earn it :D

Anastacio, sorry If already asked but the final version its tearing free ?

Kosma

Banned
Buying COD4 today will make me skip this demo and be wowed when the game hits
I'm weak and will play demo anyway prob :(

Anyone else trying to skip the demo?

Top Bottom