• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Launching August 22, $39.99

I'm ok with either best Uncharted type of game:

Good writing but simple and "better" pacing: U2.

Best quality writing with more depth and some pacing issues: U4.

In a contest I prefer 4 over 2, sorry not sorry.

I'm ok with either best Uncharted type of game:

Good writing but simple and "better" pacing: U2.

Best quality writing with more depth and some pacing issues: U4.

In a contest I prefer 4 over 2, sorry not sorry.
I think I prefer the UC2 style. It is too heavy handed in UC4 but I still enjoyed it. I think UC3 is underrated too.

barit

This is probably the first time in gaming history that a Premium Deluxe Edition aka Expansion Pass was worth every fucking penny. I've basically paid 15€ for The Lost Legacy and got 3 MP Packs on top of it. Thanks ND

I think I prefer the UC2 style. It is too heavy handed in UC4 but I still enjoyed it. I think UC3 is underrated too.

It's pretty good but it's Uncharted 2.5, I prefer 2 in that regard. I understand people preferring 3 over 4 tho but ultimately I consider 4 the best.

Edit: I like every Uncharted, I'll never understand people saying that one is super good and another is shit, it's an impossible thought.

Trailer looks amazing. And im really looming forward to this expansion.
Got the deluxe edition so i guess im getting it for free. But would buy it for that price in a heartbeat.
My ps4 pro is so ready for this.

AdaWong

Can Chloe Frazer be a new Sony mascot already

Aloy, Ellie and Chloe; the trinity of Sony female mascots.

So no Jak And Daxter collection, not even Lost Legacy theme for those who got the Uncharted 4 Season Pass? Is that a punishment?

Jonboy

So pumped for this game.

How do people feel about the the subtle changes to Chloe's look? Think I prefer the Uncharted 3 version.

uncharted-3-wallpaper-chloe.jpg

uncharted_3_chloe_by_kebzuref-d9x5q3o.png

compared to...

Uncharted_TheLostLegacy_Ferry_02.jpg

Edit: The more I look at it, she looks like a completely different person in Lost Legacy. Must just be a combination of them trying to make her look older and the PS4's power compared to PS3.

Hopefully this means it's a bigger game than I thought it would be, But disappointing move over season pass holders not getting pre order bonuses.
Basically rewarding the people who gave the money first...with nothing.

But don't they get a discount on the actual game though. The game cost more than the season pass.

So pumped for this game.

How do people feel about the the subtle changes to Chloe's look? Think I prefer the Uncharted 3 version.

Edit: The more I like at it, she looks like a completely different person in Lost Legacy. Must just be a combination of them trying to make her look older and the PS4's power compared to PS3.

Yeah I noticed that too. I think I like her U3 look better but she doesn't look bad now.

You know, I finished U4 feeling pretty done with the series.

It peaked with U2, and U4 felt pretty fitting. I kind of moved on...?

Unless this does anything radically different, I may be passing on an Uncharted game for the first time :/

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So pumped for this game.

Edit: The more I like at it, she looks like a completely different person in Lost Legacy. Must just be a combination of them trying to make her look older and the PS4's power compared to PS3.
U3 E3 trailer Chloe looked fantastic. This Chloe looks like she has been redesigned to have more prominent indian features and looks off as a result. I mean I appreciate them for creating a mixed race character, but she just doesn't look like Chloe anymore.

I know not everyone cares, but isn't there standalone MP tied to the Lost Legacy? So in addition to let's say 6-8 hours of content or what not, there's MP as well, so I think the price is reasonable.

FelipeMGM

So pumped for this game.

uncharted_3_chloe_by_kebzuref-d9x5q3o.png

compared to...

Here is a model comparison for U2, U3 and UTLL straight from ND

chloe_5F00_game_5F00_informer_5F00_comparison4.jpg

They did change her a bunch to reflect more her Indian heritage

Jonboy

Here is a model comparison for U2, U3 and UTLL straight from ND

chloe_5F00_game_5F00_informer_5F00_comparison4.jpg

They did change her a bunch to reflect more her Indian heritage

Oh nice! Much easier to see the changes there.

Yeah...she looks totally different to me now. Not just an age thing. I like them focusing on her heritage, but as someone else pointed out, it doesn't really look like Chloe anymore.

I'm sure I'll still enjoy the game.

Indian? I thought she was an Aboriginal Australian?

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either.

tootie923

Did you guys get that survey about this game? I think they are setting up to make chloe the lead in a potential future mainline uncharted game. There were a lot of questions of about her specifically.

Yeah, I got that yesterday. I wrote in the comments section that I'd love to see more female leads in these type of games.

timmyp53

... i don't get it. I for one look forward to how naughty dogs character models will look every game. It's not something new. They change every game basically.

I wonder what Joel will look like?

Nev

Banned
So, they completely retconned Nadine into some kind of Cutter. Talking about the bad guy like she wasn't doing exactly the same in the last game lmao.

They should start showing some actual gameplay instead of more cinematic sht.

Boring outfits and absurd change of Chloe's face btw, congrats on making her look like a completely different person just like Sully in U4. Also calling now a forced, non believable romance.

Nice setting though, hopefully there's actual gameplay there.

Gbraga

I think she's instantly recognizable as Chloe, and the design looks fantastic. Easily her best one yet, imo. 2 had these weird fish eyes when they were moving.

Melchiah

That digital deluxe edition was a hell of bargain; 40€ add-on for only 15€. I'm glad I bought it. J&D doesn't interest me, so it's no loss to me.

Nev

Banned
Doesn't looks like her and yet everyone knew it was Chloe Frazer in the reveal trailer.

Same reconigzable voice actress, same hair, similar features, beloved character that people wanted to see again, not Elena.

I for one am shocked that people managed to deduce that it was her indeed, especially when the reveal trailer was so clearly focused on hyping her "secret identity" so they could have the fan favorite character reveal right at the end.

13ruce

Banned
Will wait for a sale but excited non the less. Got uncharted 4 for 20 bucks and had a blast, so i will do the same for this:p

dugdug

Banned
I know not everyone cares, but isn't there standalone MP tied to the Lost Legacy? So in addition to let's say 6-8 hours of content or what not, there's MP as well, so I think the price is reasonable.

I guess that's a good incentive if you don't already own Uncharted 4. Its just the same MP suite, isn't it?

$40 must mean this is a pretty huge bit of DLC. And the fact they're announcing this now and not at E3 is hype-inducing. Sony must have a lot of other shit to show.

Top Bottom