• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Launching August 22, $39.99

Same reconigzable voice actress, same hair, similar features, beloved character that people wanted to see again, not Elena.

I for one am shocked that people managed to deduce that it was her indeed, especially when the reveal trailer was so clearly focused on hyping her "secret identity" so they could have the fan favorite character reveal right at the end.

So she looked nothing like her whilst retaining key elements? And are you saying you'd have had a hard time realising who it was had she not spoken? I dunno, I guess I'm just getting hung up on looks *nothing* like her.

I guess that's a good incentive if you don't already own Uncharted 4. Its just the same MP suite, isn't it?

Thought there was some new stuff with it but it looks like it's the same.

Luckily I got that Explorer pack so I can't complain about price.

dugdug

Banned
... i don't get it. I for one look forward to how naughty dogs character models will look every game. It's not something new. They change every game basically.

I wonder what Joel will look like?

Oh, you didn't know? Joel is now (spins globe, stops it, and points to random country) an Uzbek.

Falchion

Only bummer is people with the expansion pass won't get Jak and Daxter, but I'm not surprised by that given the large price jump to this.

The combat mechanics are sublime in 4, but the encounter design wasn't as creative as in 2, imo, and that makes a big difference.

In what way? I liked the more open approach, the more punchy guns, the grappling hook and the less spongey enemies.

I do miss the enemies with shields though.

$40 must mean this is a pretty huge bit of DLC. And the fact they're announcing this now and not at E3 is hype-inducing. Sony must have a lot of other shit to show.

Allow me to guess:

- Days Gone
- Death Stranding
- Horizon DLC
- Spiderman
- Gran Turismo
- TLOU2
- Sucker Punch game
- Media Molecule game
- 3rd party games partnership (RDR2, Destiny 2, COD, Star Wars, FFVIIR, whatever else)
- Left 4 Dead 3, which includes 1 and 2
- Half Life 3, which includes TOB and Portal 2
- Syphon Filter remake
- SOCOM remake
- Warhawk 2

Just realized this is the same day as Middle-Earth: Shadow of War's release. Interesting!

Going to pre-order this. Not just because of Jak and Daxter, which is a great bonus, but I'm totally down Day 1 for this Uncharted spin-off, plus it's a great price considering it looks to be the length of the older Uncharted games.

Allow me to guess:

- Days Gone
- Death Stranding
- Horizon DLC
- Spiderman
- Gran Turismo
- TLOU2
- Sucker Punch game
- Media Molecule game
- 3rd party games partnership (RDR2, Destiny 2, COD, Star Wars, FFVIIR, whatever else)
- Left 4 Dead 3, which includes 1 and 2
- Half Life 3, which includes TOB and Portal 2
- Syphon Filter remake
- SOCOM remake
- Warhawk 2

Devil May Cry 5, new FROM Software game and God of War.

Gbraga

In what way? I liked the more open approach, the more punchy guns, the grappling hook and the less spongey enemies.

I do miss the enemies with shields though.

2 had more of these "mini-setpiece" encounters, like the one where you were hanging from a sign post and enemies started to come, and you had to switch back and forth while dealing with them. The whole village sequence was a blast too, a lot of movement and platforming well integrated into the combat.

The most memorable one I can think of in 4 is the one when you're leaving scotland, have to reach the plane, and there's this long section of having to deal with enemies on the run and using the butt slide thing. Platforming itself in Uncharted has always been basic, but it's when it's used along with combat that it makes everything much better, it's faster and feels more involved.

The open arenas in 4 are indeed great as a combat playground, but so many of the encounters (that aren't that numerous) follow the same structure, it loses some of the novelty and even becomes predictable.

Blam

sistaNR.gif

T H I C C

Blam

So with The Lost Legacy, Automata and Bayonetta on PC, is 2017 officially The Year of Ass?

Pretty much, and I'm loving it. If I don't see some sort of swimsuit or tight fit clothing gonna be sorta bummed out. (no pun intended)

LUXURY

Sooooooooo people that bought physical version won't get it free? They way I'm reading it is any of the digital titles. If so, that's kinda lame. I bought the version with the statue and the HD collection physically.

Here is a model comparison for U2, U3 and UTLL straight from ND

chloe_5F00_game_5F00_informer_5F00_comparison4.jpg

They did change her a bunch to reflect more her Indian heritage

If anything, Uncharted 3 is the outlier here. The most prominent different between UC3 Chloe and UC:LL Chloe is the nose, which is in turn pretty similar to the her nose in UC2. Other than that, there's a difference in the lips and cheekbones, but most of the differences can be chalked up to it simply being a profoundly better model.

Ibuki

Banned
Sooooooooo people that bought physical version won't get it free? They way I'm reading it is any of the digital titles. If so, that's kinda lame. I bought the version with the statue and the HD collection physically.

It doesn't matter if you bought the actual game physically or digitally, it matters if you bought Season Pass before this was announced. Some of the editions of the game included the season pass.

jediyoshi

Only the digital deluxe version came with the future DLC, but that was always telegraphed from the beginning

VanWinkle

Only people that had the season pass.

I'm really curious about length. UC1 isn't a very long game at all. Never in a million years did I think we'd get an Uncharted game (possibly) as long as UC1 starring Chloe.

Which is to say, this rules.

Tapejara

Looking good. I bought the Explorer's Pass specifically for Lost Legacy, pretty awesome to get the final product for half price (in CAD).

vivekTO

Maybe some sort of prequel to TLOUPII?

Nah, After lost Legacy the only game which will release by ND is TLOU II and nothing else, Sure after that In a year you can Expect some Expansion of TLOU II. I don't think the ywill release something in 2018.

kvn

The fact that this game came out like a year ago and this is a DLC thread must also blow your mind.

AzureFlame

i refuse to believe the expansion is that long, it took them years to make U4 and it is a 10 hours game, 1 year is enough for another 10 hours?

Good price if it's really 8-10 hours. Hopefully its 8-10 hours of interesting, substantial scenarios and not low intensity climbing though. I really want to enjoy Uncharted again, especially with Chloe as the lead.

Top Bottom