• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Launching August 22, $39.99

FrankWza

I didnt love UC4 so id prefer if this was $29.99 for a day 1 purchase so i could gcu it. I think the season pass was $24.99 so $29.99 would be fair for the extras

FelipeMGM

It's not working for me either, but no big deal i just looked for it on the PlayStation YouTube account.

There is some issue , try to change the url or Check it Via Incognito mode.

Wow, thats weird. Works fine for me still, maybe it has something to do with the localization

Updated the OP with the other link

It says the video not available. The title in English except Cinematográfico written in Spanish lol

Its Portuguese actually, but no one could tell the diference just by the title since the two words are the same both in Spanish and Portuguese

KingV

i refuse to believe the expansion is that long, it took them years to make U4 and it is a 10 hours game, 1 year is enough for another 10 hours?

Usually when a decent says 10-12 they really mean 6-8, at least in my experience for a single play through without collectible hunting.

firelogic

Not sure why people are fine buying a 12 hour game for $60 but are apprehensive about an 8 hour game at $40. It's still basically $5/hr.

Jigolo

I'm ok with either best Uncharted type of game:

Good writing but simple and "better" pacing: U2.

Best quality writing with more depth and some pacing issues: U4.

In a contest I prefer 4 over 2, sorry not sorry.
Uncharted 2 = 80% Bruce Straley 20% Neil Druckmann
Uncharted 4 = 80% Neil 20% Bruce

(not exact values obviously but influence is noticeable in the games after neil rose to tremendous popularity, he mainly "helmed" UC4)

Uncharted 2 is better and Bruce is a better director in my opinion. Neil is trying to bring movies to video games ( which is why you always see him in the mo cap room with the actors) while Bruce just makes good ass games

just the way i process the games after playing both

worried about tlou2 since bruce has been quiet

edit: btw keep your expectations in check. this is a brand new director for this uncharted video game

Gradly

i refuse to believe the expansion is that long, it took them years to make U4 and it is a 10 hours game, 1 year is enough for another 10 hours?

Each Uncharted game took 2 years to make, except U4. One year for an expansion is fine

Not sure why people are fine buying a 12 hour game for $60 but are apprehensive about an 8 hour game at $40. It's still basically $5/hr.

People shouldn't buy time, I remember a lot of people were worried about "30hs Horizon lenght" now the game's story does last that and I've yet to read one complain about the game's lenght.

FrankWza

Yeah but everyone who played uc4 is playing this so, we put up our $60 now hook us up. Season passes for other games are cheaper and gave way more content.

Gradly

Wow, thats weird. Works fine for me still, maybe it has something to do with the localization

Updated the OP with the other link

Its Portuguese actually, but no one could tell the diference just by the title since the two words are the same both in Spanish and Portuguese

Aha blame Google Translate then :)

cooldawn

sistaNR.gif
Yes...a nice ass is a nice ass but...

...this part of the trailer is AMAZING.

Hype.

The Last of Us Part II is going to be oh so good!

I guess people forgot that about 8 months of work was scrapped from UC4 when Amy left. Also, I'm pretty sure the average time for completing the game is about 15-20 hours long.

FrankWza

Allow me to guess:

- Days Gone
- Death Stranding
- Horizon DLC
- Spiderman
- Gran Turismo
- TLOU2
- Sucker Punch game
- Media Molecule game
- 3rd party games partnership (RDR2, Destiny 2, COD, Star Wars, FFVIIR, whatever else)
- Left 4 Dead 3, which includes 1 and 2
- Half Life 3, which includes TOB and Portal 2
- Syphon Filter remake
- SOCOM remake
- Warhawk 2

You know the craziest thing about this list?

The way Sony is going its all posible. Plus a Socom remaster...boom!

(not exact values obviously but influence is noticeable in the games after neil rose to tremendous popularity, he mainly "helmed" UC4)

Uncharted 2 is better and Bruce is a better director in my opinion. Neil is trying to bring movies to video games ( which is why you always see him in the mo cap room with the actors) while Bruce just makes good ass games

I understand why you say that but honestly that's all made up to me, I don't really know how they work together and what they do every day on the team.
Besides, it's obvious that there are changes between one game and the other, specially in design, but ultimately they're not really that different, that's why I don't understand when one person says U2 is a masterpiece and U3 or 4 is complete garbage, I can't relate in any way with a person like that.
Now critize the games and picking one over the other, completely reasonable.
I prefer U2 pacing but I still find U4 and incredible interactive adventure, is not that one if awesome and the other is shit and to add up to that, I prefer the story and writing of 4 over 2, like a lot...

VanWinkle

What? Bro, average playtime on UC4 is like 17 hours. Could probably be pushed to around 20 fairly easily.

One of the things about an expansion also is that much of the work on large portions of the engine is completed and so on.

You still have to create a ton of new assets and animations but it's also not a full game (aka no MP) and not NDs first full PS4 title.

With that in mind, a little over a year to make the expansion seems more than fair for what they seem to be promising.

Lady Gaia

I'm so happy this has a near=term release date to look forward to. I bought the expansion pass for UC4 the week Lost Legacy was announced in order to get in with the lower cost of entry and can't wait to see the final product. For now, it's media blackout time. I won't watch this trailer or anything else until I can dive on in.

TissueBox

My favorite part about this expansion is how richly it might delve into the setting and plot of the mythology, harkenng back to old-school Uncharted in a way. Combined with the freedom to try new mechanics and shake up the formula, with two interesting characters at the center... I feel like this might just be a very compact package. Hoping, anyway, as despite liking and being impressed by some aspects of UC4, didn't really have as much fun or sense of awe and mystery like I did the others.

This has a lot of potential, here's to August..!!

edit: btw keep your expectations in check. this is a brand new director for this uncharted video game

Wasn't Amy Hennig the head writer and creative director for Uncharted 1-3? I know Bruce was involved in 2, but I believe Amy was the lead creative director/writer on that as well.

dr_rus

Wasn't Amy Hennig the head writer and creative director for Uncharted 1-3? I know Bruce was involved in 2, but I believe Amy was the lead creative director/writer on that as well.

Game Director:
Bruce Straley

Creative Director:
Amy Hennig

Lead Game Designers:
Richard Lemarchand, Neil Druckmann

Also - if only that 80/20 was that easy.

EagleEyes

Can't wait for this. A side story is just what Uncharted needs. The main game got a long in the tooth for me but this will be right up my alley. ODST is my favorite Halo game and thats a side story so hopefully this continues that trend for me.

AdaWong

Surprised no one has yelled at you for not including Kat

You see, to be a mascot, you actually have to represent an acclaimed, successful, iconic and very popular franchise. Kat does not :(

I love her to death but let's just say GR2 is probably the last GR game for a long time lol

Fisty

Damn that Uncharted 4 season pass definitely looking good. Glad I bought the digital deluxe during the spend 100 get 15 back deal, made out like a bandit considering this is day 1 without hesitation.

Dat ass is back

Persona7

Banned

Where does Hennig play into Uncharted 2? She was heavily involved with the three original games.

Ricky_R

Poor Amy.

whoszed

I absolutely love the Uncharted series but I fail to see what new this is going to bring to the series. Granted, we've hardly seen any gameplay but I have a hunch it's going to be much like Uncharted 4.

So far it all just seems rather uninspired. Didn't think I'd say this.

Brine

Pretty sure Bruce isn't even involved in TLOU2, right?

So why $40 and not $60?

Are you really asking that? It has been advertises as an expansion/DLC for a while. It first started as a small DLC a la Left Behind for U4 (with a $15-$20 value based on the Triple Pack/Deluxe prices) and then they decided to add more work into it to make it a standalone title (I assume they decided $40 would be a good price, specially since they are adding U4's MP alongside it for those who don't own or rented U4).

Top Bottom