• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Launching August 22, $39.99

I can see some gameplay elements not used in Uncharted 4 returning for this DLC. For instance, there were levels in Uncharted 4 where Nate uses an inflatable boat in order to cross rivers and navigates through ruins.

Due to the Indian setting, I expect this means of transport to be somewhat predominant here. Bring back the ATV from the concept art too!

8XK9c15.jpg

kudwv62fqvvhdb6ipytf.jpg
More here and here.

So I got the triple pack, will I get a standalone or will it be tied to the u4 game?

I'd assume that it will just add UC:TLL to your purchase history and allow you to downloaded it and play without UC4. Otherwise they would have to make 2 different version's to download, one requiring UC4 and one not.

Will wait for a price drop. I remember buying Left Behind at launch price and not feeling like it provided value for its level of content.

CEJames

This is going to be so good.

m7fXkEU.gif

So pumped for this game.

How do people feel about the the subtle changes to Chloe's look? Think I prefer the Uncharted 3 version.

uncharted-3-wallpaper-chloe.jpg

uncharted_3_chloe_by_kebzuref-d9x5q3o.png

compared to...

Uncharted_TheLostLegacy_Ferry_02.jpg

Edit: The more I look at it, she looks like a completely different person in Lost Legacy. Must just be a combination of them trying to make her look older and the PS4's power compared to PS3.

Why you gotta pick Elena, Drake?......smh...

Hoo-doo

Banned
Looking at Nadine's body, it's no wonder Drake got his ass handed to him.

I was about to say. Damn, she's buff as hell.

I guess that's what years of rock-climbing does to your upper body.
Great to see her body reflect her physical strength, it would be weird for a fashion-model physique and rail-thin arms to be knocking out PMC soldiers.

Skux

"Gameplay per dollar" is a terrible way to evaluate the value of a game, and totally ignores the value of storytelling, worldbuilding and attention to detail when it comes to the overall package.

FrankWza

UTLLdisc.gif

Don't complain about the price/value of a game you don't even know the quality* and quantity of yet. Funny thing is you get less of this nonsense with a newly announced $60 game with a pre-rendered announce trailer and several DLC packs laid out ahead.

*Actually, you can be reasonably confident this will be a highly polished, 'AAA+' Naughty Dog game.

After 5 games im pretty sure we have an idea what we're getting.

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
I am not interested in Uncharted anymore. Uncharted 4 ended on such a good note that I simply prefer leaving it at that. I know this isn't a continuation of the Nathan Drake story, I am just done with treasure and set pieces.

The Last of Us Part II on the other hand...

WanPisu

Neo Member
The change in Chloe's look is strange considering that they really did a good job translating the characters in Uncharted 4 from the PS3 games, especially Sully.

Seamless.

Never played any MGS and yet I somehow knew where that image is from

Lifeline

Lost Legacy for $40 and Yakuza 1 for $30 within a week of each other.

They should give more of a breathing room for the two games. A double pack bundle for $60 would be glorious though.

Lost Legacy for $40 and Yakuza 1 for $30 within a week of each other.

They should give more of a breathing room for the two games. A double pack bundle for $60 would be glorious though.

while they are at it they might as well throw in some Yakuza skins for the uncharted multiplayer

Shin-Ra

Great. I buy from them all the time, and in a week or so I have the game (I don't live in the UK).
Plus, if the game doesn't arrive in time, they'll send you a new one in express.
Yeah, I'm keener to know if they deliver at least on release date reliably in the UK.

dugdug

Banned
Indeed. How dare they establish location, set up objectives, establish interpersonal tension and hint at character backstory in a trailer. I need to know if there will be explosions in this Uncharted game.

Cause when I come to Uncharted, I'm here mostly for the interpersonal tension.

The PS3 games were my favorite series to come out of that entire generation, because they were, above all else, fun. Neither trailer for this game has been fun, IMO.

I have no doubt TLL will have a good story. I *do* have doubt that I'll enjoy actually playing it.

SomTervo

Cause when I come to Uncharted, I'm here mostly for the interpersonal tension.

The PS3 games were my favorite series to come out of that entire generation, because they were, above all else, fun. Neither trailer for this game has been fun, IMO.

I have no doubt TLL will have a good story. I *do* have doubt that I'll enjoy actually playing it.

It's clear that Naughty Dog nailed what you want from the series in 1-3 and needed to move past that, to grow and develop their work. Sorry it's not what you want but that time is gone, for now.

The change in Chloe's look is strange considering that they really did a good job translating the characters in Uncharted 4 from the PS3 games, especially Sully.

Seamless.

Lol

I can't understand why the Youtube PS4 app doesn't allow to select video resolution. You will say it is according to your internet speed but this is not a solution if the default speed to display 4K is very high so there is no other way to play 4K videos with it. Let us choose whatever resolution we want like on any other device.
I don't know whom to contact to suggest this to be updated for the PS4 App.

Also what happeend to Sony offering high quality trailers of their games to be downloaded from the store? Did they abandon that?

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
I'm going to assume Amazon just hasn't added the Jak pre order bonus yet.

Yeah I'm curious on that. Is Amazon even doing it? I've been waiting to see if they'd update the preorder listing to mention it, so far they haven't yet. I don't often preorder things, but an Uncharted game at launch for $32 that comes with another game I've never played before is a pretty cool deal that I wouldn't mind paying for.

I guess it's a matter of just checking the store page every once in a while to see if Jak and Daxter gets added to the Amazon preorder... I haven't preordered it, but I'd definitely think about it if that bonus gets added in.

I wish I was excited for this. I'm a big Uncharted fan. But nothing about this looks interesting to me. I sure hope the gameplay is fun and it's not all walking around, puzzles, etc.

Anyone else in the same boat, feeling a real lack of excitement?

So pumped for this game.

How do people feel about the the subtle changes to Chloe's look? Think I prefer the Uncharted 3 version.

uncharted-3-wallpaper-chloe.jpg

uncharted_3_chloe_by_kebzuref-d9x5q3o.png

compared to...

Uncharted_TheLostLegacy_Ferry_02.jpg

Edit: The more I look at it, she looks like a completely different person in Lost Legacy. Must just be a combination of them trying to make her look older and the PS4's power compared to PS3.

I like.

Top Bottom