• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

NEO0MJ

Killing anything except So Sorry stops you from getting the true ending on that run.

Fuuuuck. I wonder if I should restart. Is there any point to continuing? Like, is this still a unique ending or does it feel like a cut one?

NEO0MJ

You get the Neutral ending. It's unsatisfying.

Welp, back to square one. I didn't think one kill would have much consequences. It's only when I saw here people talking about more than two endings that I started to wonder. Well, at least Ill get to see what flower says when I beat Toriel without restarting the game. Unless...it says that it knows I started fresh, lol.
Other than killing, is ther anything else that might hurt my chances of getting the true ending?

Welp, back to square one. I didn't think one kill would have much consequences. It's only when I saw here people talking about more than two endings that I started to wonder. Well, at least Ill get to see what flower says when I beat Toriel without restarting the game. Unless...it says that it knows I started fresh, lol.
EHYv7Ax.gif

PSqueak

Banned
This isn't true you still get EXP for that encounter.

How did this rumor even started up? was it the hate boner for the character? or is it the fact that you don't have to kill him for genocide?

(Because it would kinda be a dick move to make him a requirement given that he's a hidden boss you're supposed to be only able to fight him once a year)

I started playing Genocide Route and it was so easy and that's made me angry, until I reached
Undyne
and now I love this Route! :) are other boss battles after that hard too?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So, I'm slightly confused here. I've just got through a large part of the Pacifist route (MAJOR LATE GAME SPOILERS)
Sans judged me and said I didn't kill anyone, I showed mercy to Asgore, but I got a message from Flowey saying something like "to get a true happy ending, i have to "hang" with Undyne and Papyrus. I thought I'd already done this?

What do I do now? Does this mean I didn't do enough? Do I have to restart the game?

DNAbro

So, I'm slightly confused here. I've just got through a large part of the Pacifist route (MAJOR LATE GAME SPOILERS)
Sans judged me and said I didn't kill anyone, I showed mercy to Asgore, but I got a message from Flowey saying something like "to get a true happy ending, i have to "hang" with Undyne and Papyrus. I thought I'd already done this?

What do I do now? Does this mean I didn't do enough? Do I have to restart the game?

just reload your save. You don't not need to restart. If you didn't have the date with papyrus go do it. If you didn't have the hang out session with Undyne, go to her house and do it. Her house is in Waterfall, near Napstablook's place. The game should point you in the right direction afterwards.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
just reload your save. You don't not need to restart. If you didn't have the date with papyrus go do it. If you didn't have the hang out session with Undyne, go to her house and do it. Her house is in Waterfall, near Napstablook's place. The game should point you in the right direction afterwards.

Thanks. I thought I did all that. Hmmmmm.......

Other than killing, is ther anything else that might hurt my chances of getting the true ending?

You are on neutral route, you'll get the same ending with a neutral pacifist route but you don't have to replay the entire game to get the true ending that way.

I've made a lot of progress! I just got my first death due to
Muffet
, who is an awesome boss.

Let's see... Since my last post I met

Undyne
who was INCREDIBLE and whose fight was an EXCELLENT use of storytelling through gameplay. Fighting her felt like I was a villain fighting a hero who has gone through a hero's journey and killing her made me feel like I was snuffing someone who was using their "by the power of friendship I will defeat you!" last stand attack.

Alphys
who is INFURIATING. Every time she opens her mouth/texts/calls/etc, I would prefer literally anything else to happen. I hate her personality very very much. My best friend described her as the Fuuka of Undertale, which told me everything I needed to know (Fuuka is the only character from Persona 3 that I remotely dislike, and I hate her so much she's my least favorite Persona character).
Alphys
is awkward, unfunny, not charming, way too clingy, and gets in the way. Least favorite character of the cast by far.

Mettaton
who I'm still not sure what I make of it. The
DOG IS A BOMB
gag was hysterical and the
quiz show
was amusing but the character itself isn't making any lasting impression on me. Oh well!

NEO0MJ

You are on neutral route, you'll get the same ending with a neutral pacifist route but you don't have to replay the entire game to get the true ending that way.

ok, I'm kinda confused. What do I have to do to get the true ending? Before I restarted I had my first fight with that show host robot.

robotrock

Banned
Alphys
who is INFURIATING. Every time she opens her mouth/texts/calls/etc, I would prefer literally anything else to happen. I hate her personality very very much. My best friend described her as the Fuuka of Undertale, which told me everything I needed to know (Fuuka is the only character from Persona 3 that I remotely dislike, and I hate her so much she's my least favorite Persona character).
Alphys
is awkward, unfunny, not charming, way too

You're a Ken fan?

Kenai

Mettaton
who I'm still not sure what I make of it. The
DOG IS A BOMB
gag was hysterical and the
quiz show
was amusing but the character itself isn't making any lasting impression on me. Oh well!

When you fight him for real, things will get very fabulous very quickly. Best be prepared (no one ever is, truly)

ok, I'm kinda confused. What do I have to do to get the true ending? Before I restarted I had my first fight with that show host robot.

You can't do everything on your first run, but after you clear the last boss while killing nothing, then reload your save (NOT restart), there's a few extra things to do that will lead you to the true ending

NEO0MJ

^ Thanks!
So after I beat the final boss and the credits roll I just continue from my last save spot, right?

^ Thanks!
So after I beat the final boss and the credits roll I just continue from my last save spot, right?

Make sure you finish your neutral run without killing ANYONE, Sans at the last corridor before Asgore will tell you that, then after the ending, load your last save you will receive a call telling you what to do. If you are still on the run that killed stuff, you will be force to start a new game to get the true ending.

axisofweevils

So I'm in the
pacifist postgame. Where do I find Mettaton?

KodaRuss

Finally got the game to stop crashing on me on my new Surface 4 and holy shit is this game great.

I legitimately burst out laughing at least 4 times last night. Only about an hour in but damn, this game is just great.

Doesn't sound like you beat it.

Game closed after that. Unless it was a crash I'm gonna presume it was one of the endstates. Either way not interested in doing another run through the game. Might eventually look up other routes on youtube. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

E: oh.

mbpm1

Game closed after that. Unless it was a crash I'm gonna presume it was one of the endstates. Either way not interested in doing another run through the game. Might eventually look up other routes on youtube. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

E: oh.

I find your lack of
determination
disturbing

Top Bottom