• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

Tizoc

I assume you got the neutral ending? If you killed something yeah restart, if you didn't just reload your save file and head back.

Umm I can't :p
I'm trapped in an infinite loop of having to fight Boss Flowey

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The entire fight. Probably gonna go grind for the tem armor and give it couple more tries.

Hm, from what I remember about the fight.

Eye flash is basically Simon says. Just get in rhythm and learn when you need to stop or move.

The zigzagging fireball stuff just find where the gap is and stay there.

The glove fire stuff can be easily strafed around.

He's not too bad honestly.

Tizoc

If you "die" the game will crash and you can boot the game back up, it will start from your last "checkpoint".

But it doesn't seem like I'm dealing any damage to him @_@
When the Fight icon appears and I press it I deal like 1 damage to him

Puruzi

Banned

That doesn't matter.

Every heart section thing is a checkpoint. just get to the last one and the rest is gravy

Hold on for long enough one of his "eyes" will light up and put you into one of the checkpoint sections, you heal up in there and can do actual meaningful things.

Tizoc

Hold on for long enough one of his "eyes" will light up and put you into one of the checkpoint sections, you heal up in there and can do actual meaningful things.

Ah OK then thanks.
I'll do that tomorrow
The damn thing is too creepy pasta for my tastes.
Seriously why the HELL would you go such a design after all the adorable and better monster designs throughout the game @_@

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Ah OK then thanks.
I'll do that tomorrow
Seriously why the HELL would you go such a design after all the adorable and better monster designs throughout the game @_@

That's completely intentional.

I can't stop thinking about this game even after completing it. This is some 999 / To the Moon tier shit.

Don't like how it kinda feels like a trap though in that you do insane damage to her in a single strike a bit after having her lose more than half her health.

It is 100% a trap, and the game is doing it for your own good. Trust me on that.

I legitimately don't get anyone that actually thinks this game is hard

Same. My only complaint with the game is that it's a bit too easy on Pacifist, although I get it's so that anyone can enjoy the story. Still hoping Toby ends up implementing the rest of hard mode.

PSqueak

Banned
Ah OK then thanks.
I'll do that tomorrow

I always thought it was a piss take at how everything nowadays was edgy and dark and shit, like the complete opposite of everything you had encountered (cute and cuddly, i mean, the nickname of the boss you encounter previous to him is "fluffybuns"), like the sort of thing an edgy teen would find cool, a murderous scary "realistically" rendered monsters that uses flame throwers and nuclear bombs and wants to kill everything, it was like "Cold Steel the hedgehog" in boss form.

I always thought it was a piss take at how everything nowadays was edgy and dark and shit, like the complete opposite of everything you had encountered (cute and cuddly, i mean, the nickname of the boss you encounter previous to him is "fluffybuns"), like the sort of thing an edgy teen would find cool, a murderous scary "realistically" rendered monsters that uses flame throwers and nuclear bombs and wants to kill everything, it was like "Cold Steel the hedgehog" in boss form.

I mean considering that

ahhhhh, nevermind. Give it until the True Pacifist end, there's a point to it.

mbpm1

Ah OK then thanks.
I'll do that tomorrow

another reason so you hate him lol

Last night I had some trouble sleeping because I felt guilty about killing the second boss instead of letting him live, which bodes well for this game's emotional impact. I felt nothing after killing the first boss, though. She was pretty obnoxious.

My best friend says I'll LOVE
Mettaton
and HATE
Alphys
. I have no idea who either of these people are, so I look forward to seeing if he's right!

Kinsei

Banned
Last night I had some trouble sleeping because I felt guilty about killing the second boss instead of letting him live, which bodes well for this game's emotional impact. I felt nothing after killing the first boss, though. She was pretty obnoxious.

My best friend says I'll LOVE
Mettaton
and HATE
Alphys
. I have no idea who either of these people are, so I look forward to seeing if he's right!

Might I ask why you killed him?

Might I ask why you killed him?
Killing everything in my way.

Everyone does the "save everyone" run first, so I figured I'd enjoy myself more doing my own thing and killing everything instead! Makes for a more fun conversation, imo, since everyone I know who has played it asks "What kind of run are you doing?" when they expect you to reply "Pacifist."

Not me, though! I march to the sound of my own drum!

Puruzi

Banned

Everyone does the "save everyone" run first, so I figured I'd enjoy myself more doing my own thing and killing everything instead! Makes for a more fun conversation, imo, since everyone I know who has played it asks "What kind of run are you doing?" when they expect you to reply "Pacifist."

you probably aren't actually doing the kill everything route

Have you made the random encounters stop happening? Just curious.

you probably aren't actually doing the kill everything route
Nope! I was told I had already messed up, and that's fine with me! I'd rather stay the course than resetting and doing it all over again, especially since I plan on replaying it anyway. I'm just going to continue doing what I'm doing!

Ultimadrago

I respect it. March on, soldier!

Same. My only complaint with the game is that it's a bit too easy on Pacifist, although I get it's so that anyone can enjoy the story. Still hoping Toby ends up implementing the rest of hard mode.

Oh man, just watched the Hard Mode
Gag
the other day. Loved it. Haha

Somewhat liking the game, but as I progress, I keep wanting more "jrpg" Earthbound-style gameplay from it.

Basically what I'm saying, the potential is there, but I don't know how doable it would be for the dev(s).

Ah OK then thanks.
I'll do that tomorrow

I do agree that it's my least favorite part of the game.

The other
two final bosses
are way better.

Crossposting from the Steven Universe thread, because this is awesome:
65d06cc79cbf10b70bc0ce598eaea457-d9ld8gc.gif

Source.
It's funny because not long ago I was thinking of the similarities between Steven Universe and Undertale, how heartwarming and hilarious they are, yet the 20% of the time they get serious, they get serious.

Go for it! But a fair warning, unless you're looking it up it isn't technically a genocide run. You have to go out of your way to make that shit happen and if you missed it in the ruins it's too late. So you will get your own spin on things, but it will still be a neutral ending.

Edit: Looks like someone already waned ya. Carry on then. It will make the whole run very easy too. So that's neat.

PaulloDEC

Really wishing this game was an actual 90s SNES game so that I could save-state past the 20 seconds of Z-tapping it takes to get back to the start of the
first Undyne
fight, and then the next minute of
bullet-deflecting
it takes to get back to where I died.

I just finished Pacifist Route and it was AMAZING!!! :'‑)
And those after credits were awesome! loved every second of this beautiful game and it will be one of the best gaming experiences of my life!

Since I can't get enough of Undertale but don't want to do a genocide run, I ended up downloading a couple savegames before the exclusive genocide bosses. Holy shit those guys don't fuck around.
Undying Undine
is tough, but
Sans
takes it to a whole new level.

Top Bottom