• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

NEO0MJ

Speaking of
The Sans fight, any tips on dealing with the later wall slams? I always get hit by them so by the time I reach that long attack I have very little health.

Moaradin

Speaking of
The Sans fight, any tips on dealing with the later wall slams? I always get hit by them so by the time I reach that long attack I have very little health.

I always looked at his hand motions instead of the heart. Gave me a little more time to react.

Saikyo

Speaking of

If you really want to "cheese" that part...hold all directions.

Breads

Banned
I do that as well but in the later phase he slams you multiple times on a row in the same direction and it confuses me.

I just paid attention to the red lines.

If you really want to "cheese" that part...hold all directions.

Oh wow I didn't even know that was an option. I guess that's keyboard only. It probably wouldn't have worked with the 360 controller with uneven dead zones I used.

Saikyo

Oh wow I didn't even know that was an option. I guess that's keyboard only. It probably wouldn't have worked with the 360 controller with uneven dead zones I used.

I saw some speedrunners do that, I guess its one thing Toby gonna fix in the patch.

poutmeter

Question about the True Pacifist ending.
When you talk to our monsters BFFs, there's this following conversation:

Alphys:
* I sure am excited to finally use the human internet.
* I bet they have all sorts of things Undyne and I can watch!

Undyne:
* Oh man!!!
* We're gonna be able to watch anime online!?

Alphys:
* Of course, Undyne!
* What do you think we've been fighting for all along?

sans:
* yeah, what do you...
* whoops.

Alphys:
* Jinx
* I knew you were gonna make that joke!

What's the joke sans was about to make? I still can't figure it out... I'm afraid my ESL is showing.

GoldStarz

Question about the True Pacifist ending.
When you talk to our monsters BFFs, there's this following conversation:

What's the joke sans was about to make? I still can't figure it out... I'm afraid my ESL is showing.

He was gonna say the same thing Alphys was as a joke, she beat him to it.

NEO0MJ

So, my friend finally started the game and he's killing so much monsters and was greedy with the candy...why are people so violent :(

AniHawk

i remember the kickstarter for this, thinking it looked pretty neat. glad i beat it. really wonderful 'rpg' to be getting such recognition.

Saikyo

Wasn't her whole thing that she sent Mettaton to kill you so she could swoop in and save you? I thought Muffet was a part of that or was Mettaton going rogue already? Hell, am I remembering things wrong and Mettaton had nothing to do with Muffet?

Mettaton was going rogue since the kitchen scene I guess, first he was doing the act for Alphys and after that he was worried about the underground and humanity as well.

NEO0MJ

Wasn't her whole thing that she sent Mettaton to kill you so she could swoop in and save you? I thought Muffet was a part of that or was Mettaton going rogue already?

Unlike the fights with Mettaton which felt scripted Muffet was going in for the kill and only stops when she receives the telegram. If it was Alphys she would have saved you herself.

NEO0MJ

Well, just finished the genocide route.
I'm sorry Sans, I'm so sorry ;__;
Also, I apparently sold my soul to a crazy kid. I guess it's impossible to reverse this now?

Saikyo

Well, just finished the genocide route.
I'm sorry Sans, I'm so sorry ;__;
Also, I apparently sold my soul to a crazy kid. I guess it's impossible to reverse this now?

No your dirty brother killer

Actually there is a way, there will be two new files in the applocale folder of undertale, I just dont remember the names and on mobile

L95

Wasn't her whole thing that she sent Mettaton to kill you so she could swoop in and save you? I thought Muffet was a part of that or was Mettaton going rogue already? Hell, am I remembering things wrong and Mettaton had nothing to do with Muffet?

You can't die in any of the Mettaton fights until the last one. If Muffet had been hired by Alpys, hopefully she'd not kill you because Alphys doesn't actually want you dead.

PSqueak

Banned
Hey now, having mouths to feed isn't evil! Sure, dancing while trying to kill someone is something a psychopath would do but that's besides the point!

She delights in your suffering and she wanted to Kill
Alphys
for no reason other than make donuts, aslo in Genocide
She doesn't care that you're a psycho mass murderer, she lets you go and keep killing because she doesn't care for life other than spiders.

Speaking of Muffet,
was it Mettaton who hired her to kill you?

Yes.
Says so himself during his fight

Ultimadrago

Damn you, Tumblr-chan! *shakes fist*

Also, a good point on King Asgore. I found myself feeling
for his harsh situation even though he was directly behind the death of several post-war human beings.

Like, what the fuck.

NEO0MJ

So, I was watching my friend fight Toriel and
he decided to attack her after she stops attacking you when you spare long enough, instantly killing just like genocide mode, but here it seemed a thousand times worse. I don't know what's wrong with him!

No your dirty brother killer

Actually there is a way, there will be two new files in the applocale folder of undertale, I just dont remember the names and on mobile

I'll look it up. Thanks.

PSqueak

Banned
he decided to attack her after she stops attacking you when you spare long enough, instantly killing just like genocide mode, but here it seemed a thousand times worse. I don't know what's wrong with him!

Doesn't she have a special dialogue when you do that?

DNAbro

Damn you, Tumblr-chan! *shakes fist*

Also, a good point on King Asgore. I found myself feeling
for his harsh situation even though he was directly behind the death of several post-war human beings.

Like, what the fuck.

His situation is tragic. I think that what makes him such a good "villain"

He obviously is usually an incredibly kind and considerate person and he obviously doesn't actually want to hurt anyone but forced himself into a situation where he had to kill for his people. Not to mention the fact the he lost his wife over it. Can't help but feel bad for his situation even if he is a murderer.

mbpm1

you should divorce him

as a friend

daevious

Your friend sounds like a real-life Chara, watch out if he starts asking for knives.

Not

Banned
OK.

I just spent two hours
trying to pacify Undyne.
I am fit to be tied. Putting it mildly. I tried everything, from
waiting it out to killing her to spamming the challenge and plead actions
and nothing worked. I even
tried running away like APPARENTLY you're supposed to and she caught me instantly and nothing changed, so I didn't think that did anything.

It just wasn't intuitive to me. I was screaming at my computer for the last fifteen minutes.

I don't want to be this upset with this game
this early on
, but oh MAN I feel like I need a long break.

I think I lucked out on Undyne.
It was taking just long enough and I caught the hint from her dialogue about retreating.

Took about two escapes before I made it to sweet, sweet freedom.

Top Bottom