• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

edgefusion

Has anyone else tried running this on OS X? I just bought it on Steam but when I try to launch it I get an error saying PowerPC applications are no longer supported. The requirement page simply lists "Mac OS X" so I'm a bit annoyed this won't launch. I'm currently running El Capitan.

Hyoukokun

Has anyone else tried running this on OS X? I just bought it on Steam but when I try to launch it I get an error saying PowerPC applications are no longer supported. The requirement page simply lists "Mac OS X" so I'm a bit annoyed this won't launch. I'm currently running El Capitan.
Sounds like it doesn't yet play nicely with El Capitan:

https://twitter.com/undertale/status/643853334147952641

Kind of understandable, El Capitan only officially came out a few days ago (after the Undertale launch).

Yep, I tweeted Toby about this on day one.

One solution is to go into System Preferences -> Security and select that you want to "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere" in that list of radio buttons that shows up under the General tab. The other is to e-mail Undertale support and tell them about the troubles so they might hook you up with a DRM-free version.

They're pretty chillax.

I'm playing through True Pacifist for a second time and
the sped up version of Spear of Justice that plays when Undyne asks if anime is real is so funny. I've been listening to it for like 5 minutes now.

I finished True Pacifist yesterday and I really want to try Genocide, but I'm terrified to start. Is it worth a playthrough?

i'd feel bad overtly recommending a genocide playthrough because doing so feels like going against the principle of the game but

if you're curious about how things will be different, or what new aspects the characters reveal about themselves, i don't think you'd be disappointed. there's a lot to it.

it'd be worth double checking the rules of a genocide run (or just getting tips from someone on how to go about it) before attempting it, though, because there's a number of ways you can screw it up a good ways in

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I BEAT IT. I DID IT. I DID EVER RUN.

YEAH YEAH GUESS YOU HAD A BAD TIME SANS DIDN'T YA?

And then [player name] makes you feel like shit. That was the most sobering moment of my No-Mercy; they rob all fun and satisfaction you may have with that run.
Though if I ever do another No-Mercy run, it would be entirely for the Sans fight, because it's that fun.

Dunkley

I BEAT IT. I DID IT. I DID EVER RUN.

YEAH YEAH GUESS YOU HAD A BAD TIME SANS DIDN'T YA?

Guess you could say your final attack...
was a real sleeper hit.

PZPHuAa.png

Dunkley

Hidden in the files, there seems to be one... special room.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jecc2tcs95m86v/LOWER YOUR SOUND.webm?dl=0

People associate that with the W.D. theory, but I feel like it's just a test room.

Also, I would mention that you should really turn down your sound for this one, not just by a little bit. I got headphones and speakers connected simultaneously, and both put out the sound. My speakers were off, and let's just say I never hear the headphones' output normally since it's too quiet if I am not wearing them, but even laying below the table on my computer, I heard it as loud as regular sound coming out of my speakers.

dity

And then [player name] makes you feel like shit. That was the most sobering moment of my No-Mercy; they rob all fun and satisfaction you may have with that run.
Though if I ever do another No-Mercy run, it would be entirely for the Sans fight, because it's that fun.
NU-UH YO

NU-UH.

I didn't have have to get up to turn off the game, I'M in control.

I WAS SO PISSED BY THE END IT JUST WAS LIKE "OH OK COOL BYE"

Guess you could say your final attack...
was a real sleeper hit.

PZPHuAa.png
!!!

I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS POST.

Corpekata

Banned
Finally finished my first run, wow. Game really cranks it up to 11 at the end.

Did a balanced run, I guess, spared all the bosses except for Toriel because I couldn't figure out how, and the final two, Asgore because it felt appropriate, and Flowey because fuck him. Undyne became empress and is determined to end humanity

Going to try Pacifist next.

Are there endings that involve the characters more? I was thinking I'd see something from the people I'd spared or something

Did a balanced run, I guess, spared all the bosses except for Toriel because I couldn't figure out how, and the final two, Asgore because it felt appropriate, and Flowey because fuck him. Undyne became empress and is determined to end humanity

Are there endings that involve the characters more? I was thinking I'd see something from the people I'd spared or something

If you thought the neutral end cranked up to 11, you'll definitely love the true pacifist ending.

You get more interactions from the characters in the true ending as well.

ivb_1973

Banned
People associate that with the W.D. theory, but I feel like it's just a test room.

Also, I would mention that you should really turn down your sound for this one, not just by a little bit. I got headphones and speakers connected simultaneously, and both put out the sound. My speakers were off, and let's just say I never hear the headphones' output normally since it's too quiet if I am not wearing them, but even laying below the table on my computer, I heard it as loud as regular sound coming out of my speakers.

Sorry! Edited, nyehehe :p

I don't relate that room to any theory but I think it's pretty intentional to leave that there. The levels of creepiness and nightmare fuel are too high to just ignore it. It's another little "nice" touch.

Dimmle

In my neutral ending,
since I killed Undyne and spared Mettaton, he conquers the Underworld with fabulous ratings. Papyrus and Sans are spared as his agents. Papyrus thinks it's way better for everyone now ...except those who displease Mettaton. Then it's hell.

Just beat the True Pacifist final boss again and
I started crying when SAVE the world started and when I chose to comfort Asriel.
What an incredible game. I think I'm done with it for now, but it'll probably become one of those games I replay every so often.

Dimmle

I get the idea of preserving the integrity of "my story" or whatever but Undertale is also just a cool place to hang out. Plus, what happens
if I tell Undyne anime is real?

NU-UH YO

NU-UH.

I didn't have have to get up to turn off the game, I'M in control.

I WAS SO PISSED BY THE END IT JUST WAS LIKE "OH OK COOL BYE"

!!!

I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS POST.

I can't wait for that feeling myself.
I've gotten to Sans' final wave of blasters four times now. I can't do the circle consistently enough to make sure I don't go too slow or too fast. I think the most HP I went into it with was 40 or 50 and I still screwed it up.

Koozek

Just finished it. The final boss fight, WOW.
Such a crazy ride. Any Earthbound fan should play this. Now I'm curious how Mother 4 will compare. Will also grab Lisa some day.

dity

I can't wait for that feeling myself.
I've gotten to Sans' final wave of blasters four times now. I can't do the circle consistently enough to make sure I don't go too slow or too fast. I think the most HP I went into it with was 40 or 50 and I still screwed it up.

I was actually worse off concerntrating during the fight than I was vocally sitting there and talking shit to a character on the screen.
I got the circle of lasers first try. Basically got as close to the centre as I could. Worked first try. I wasn't paying much attention I just tend to do that in games where I have to go in a circle plus I was pissed to all hell

I felt like such a tool telling her anime wasn't real, then getting to the final Asriel fight which was practically straight out of an anime. How wrong I was.

You monster

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Never.

I can't even bring myself to watch the Bad Time run in full.

The insanity of the
battle with Sans
makes it worth watching alone. It's properly
Sadistic to match the sadisticness of the playthrough

I am literally astonished that of all the playthroughs I've checked out that Barry of GameGrumps figured out the Toriel Pacifist route on his first try.

Capra

I've decided I'm going to try and aid in the search for
Gaster
. I'm hoping this leads to a more definitive final ending.

I just wanna save Goatbro

BiggNife

Gaster patch when?

Happy ending for Asriel patch when?

FIGHT AGAINST ANNOYING DOG (toby) PATCH WHEN?

People who unironically beg for a way to save Asriel are kind of missing the point because the whole idea is that you can't save everyone no matter how hard you try

Although I am legit curious about what the hell that Gaster stuff is about

People who unironically beg for a way to save Asriel are kind of missing the point because the whole idea is that you can't save everyone no matter how hard you try

Although I am legit curious about what the hell that Gaster stuff is about

Gaster

Frisk

(G)aster

(Fr)isk

asterisk

Top Bottom