• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

Dunkley

A friend of mine tried the game on my Steam account and asked me "what's so great about this?"

I don't even know how to respond to that. I guess if it doesn't click, it just doesn't click.

If the humor doesn't click, you only see how great this game is if you have actually finished a playthrough of it at minimum.

But that's a tall order to ask of anyone, so yeah I guess if doesn't click it just doesn't click.

Ferrio

Banned
Beat(?) Undyne. Man this game is fantastic. Lot of meaning hidden in all the craziness. I'm sorry poor snail, you did your best :(

NotLiquid

Noticed earlier some people were drawing fan art here, took the time out to make something of my own.

tumblr_nvt6950Eyp1qesqm0o1_1280.png

aravuus

Playing through the game for the first time and I'm actually starting to really enjoy it. Got a lot better when I got out of the ruins.

One Q, tho: I'm trying to not kill anyone (cause I figured it'd be the most annoying to get of all the endings, better do it first), so is there any other point to sparing enemies other than that you get some gold from it? Just wondering if I should simply flee from every random battle.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Playing through the game for the first time and I'm actually starting to really enjoy it. Got a lot better when I got out of the ruins.

One Q, tho: I'm trying to not kill anyone (cause I figured it'd be the most annoying to get of all the endings, better do it first), so is there any other point to sparing enemies other than that you get some gold from it? Just wondering if I should simply flee from every random battle.

Nah Fleeing is a viable option if you're just pacifisting it you'll just be low on cash from not completing battles.

Dimmle

A lot of the best jokes are from playing around with the ACT options, so you'll just be cheating yourself out of gold and haha's.

PSqueak

Banned

Gold is important because you'll need constant healing, so unless you're godlike at dodging attacks, its on your best interest to spare monsters and getting that gold.

Geg

My favorite tracks are Metal Crusher and MEGALOVANIA.

Finding out that MEGALOVANIA is in the game is part of what finally got me to play it lol

aravuus

Okay, thanks for the replies, I'll try to avoid fleeing all the time. Out of curiosity, I just got to
a water area with garbage everywhere
, how far in am I? I've been "playing" for 500 minutes according to the save file but it doesn't really mean anything since I've been idling a lot, just listening to the music. Fucking loved the song that played in the winter town.

PSqueak

Banned
Okay, thanks for the replies, I'll try to avoid fleeing all the time. Out of curiosity, I just got to
a water area with garbage everywhere
, how far in am I? I've been "playing" for 500 minutes according to the save file but it doesn't really mean anything since I've been idling a lot, just listening to the music. Fucking loved the song that played in the winter town.

Game is basically 3 areas and you're on the middle of the second one.

Guys, need help deciding what to do on my second playthrough, pacifist, at end of game:

I HAVE NOT beaten Asgore. however, I am at that fight. I backtracked to get some healing items. I befriended Alphys. I can go into the bathroom at the lab to see "the truth" now. Should I do that now? Or should I fight Asgore first? Does it matter what order I do that in?

DNAbro

Guys, need help deciding what to do on my second playthrough, pacifist, at end of game:

I HAVE NOT beaten Asgore. however, I am at that fight. I backtracked to get some healing items. I befriended Alphys. I can go into the bathroom at the lab to see "the truth" now. Should I do that now? Or should I fight Asgore first? Does it matter what order I do that in?

since it's your second playthrough
just go into the lab.

Puruzi

Banned

Lab first.

aravuus

Wait oh no, do I have to actually fight
Asgore
? Looks like talking does nothing and that's pretty much all I can do aside from fighting

Wait oh no, do I have to actually fight
Asgore
? Looks like talking does nothing and that's pretty much all I can do aside from fighting
You gotta
fight 'em for now
, but you'll know what to do as the fight goes on.

Talking three times helps a bit though. As does
eating the butterscotch pie in front of him, if you still have it

Dimmle

Oh, I think I'm reconsidering my favorite Undertale track:

(PACIFIST RUN)

it's
Amalgam

Sounds like it's straight out of Kirby 3 or 64.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this has been asked, but is there any chance of a console port? I remember reading somewhere on Neogaf that there some "elements" of the game would make a console port impossible, but I have not idea what... Is it true?

The game looks fantastic, and it looks like the type of game that would suit a console perfectly, especially a portable one!

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there any chance of a console port? I remember reading somewhere on Neogaf that there some "elements" of the game would make a console port impossible, but I have not idea what... Is it true?

The game looks fantastic, and it looks like the type of game that would suit a console perfectly, especially a portable one!

Toby Fox said online console ports aren't part of his plans

Krabboss

99% of the game would work great on a console but there's one thing I'm not sure would work on anything other than a PC. Toby said he wasn't planning on doing it, but I'm sure he'd say that regardless since he's probably taking a well deserved break after making this game for years.

Puruzi

Banned

Some of the best bits of the game wouldn't work on console.

aravuus

Okay holy shit that ending sequence was cool. I guess I should
go look for Undyne in my save file, then? I mean, that's what Flowey said. Where is she?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Okay holy shit that ending sequence was cool. I guess I should
go look for Undyne in my save file, then? I mean, that's what Flowey said. Where is she?

She is at her house in Waterfall. Papyrus had called you and told you to meet up with both of them during the boss fight with her when you're running away so that was your hint pre-end game neutral.

sinxtanx

Got it a few days ago

Got the neutral, pacifist and true pacifist endings

never ever doing genocide ever nope

GOTY so far for me

aravuus

She is at her house in Waterfall. Papyrus had called you and told you to meet up with both of them during the boss fight with her when you're running away so that was your hint pre-end game neutral.

Thanks!

The first hour or so of the game was disappointing, but I'm glad I gave it another chance. Probably not GOTY material for me, but definitely a fantastic game.

Gonna do a genocide run tomorrow. I'll kill everyone.

Top Bottom