• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

PSqueak

Banned
I really wish there was Undertale merchandise, but given it's an indie title I don't see that happening for a long time.

Toby actually even made a survey to see what merch will be produced, check it out at the official undertale tumblr.

1upsuper

Hours before confirmation that Fangamer would be handling the merch I told my friend "Man, Fangamer would be perfect for this." Boom.

dity

I don't have the link on hand, but Toby confirmed he's working on it. In the meantime he asks that folks don't sell unofficial stuff.

Ehh, there was Shovel Knight shirts n' such within a month or two of it's release. Granted that had a lot to do with how well received that was across multiple platforms, but I can see Undertale getting some relatively soon-ish. I know Toby has stated he had some ideas he wanted to get rolling regarding merchandise.

COOL! I will buy all the things when they come out then.

Phu

Banned
I don't think we'll be seeing any COOL DUDE shirts. They'll most likely just sell DUDE shirts and we'll have to improve them by adding our own COOL.

Dimmle

I don't think we'll be seeing any COOL DUDE shirts. They'll most likely just sell DUDE shirts and we'll have to improve them by adding our own COOL.

mm, yes, this would be it

maybe it's bundled with a marker

I want sunglasses for my biceps

I guess that's pretty easily accomplished without Fangamer merch

Silvawuff

I would buy the hell out of a Toriel plushie. We'd bake butterscotch cinnamon and/or snail pies together, talk about girly stuff, and go on very awesome nature hikes to check out wildflowers.

Dimmle

I want an (NEUTRAL ENDING SPOILER)
Asgore
plush and when you press his hand he says "
I KILLED SIX WHOLE KIDS, REALLY.
."

In all seriousness, I would go for an Undyne figure.

Okay, as someone who did not like LISA RPG (but I enjoyed it, I'd say the setting and tone of the game made me feel uncomfortable) and who utterly loved To The moon, do you think I will enjoy The Undertale?

I saw a link of this game in my Facebook feed and I remembered the Gaf thread mentioning its metacritic score being higher than HL2, which was the best rated game up to date.

JC Sera

Okay, as someone who did not like LISA RPG (but I enjoyed it, I'd say the setting and tone of the game made me feel uncomfortable) and who utterly loved To The moon, do you think I will enjoy The Undertale?

I saw a link of this game in my Facebook feed and I remembered the Gaf thread mentioning its metacritic score being higher than HL2, which was the best rated game up to date.

Its good
You'll enjoy it,
if the game makes you feel bad don't be afraid to reset

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just finished the game with the neutral ending first and then got the true pacifist ending. Wow, this game was really something. Easily the best $10 I spent on steam.

Just finished the game with the neutral ending first and then got the true pacifist ending. Wow, this game was really something. Easily the best $10 I spent on steam.

you can now go for the no mercy ending! I don't care if you feel bad, it's worth it, story wise and gameplay wise, DETERMINATION! Personally i did the no mercy run first, it felt better when i did save them afterward

Why go for a no mercy one, when you could go for genocide

It even has a nice ring to it

genocide

yeah we agreed to call it a No mercy run (you can see the highlight on the OP), even if genocide is used a lot! I prefere it too but if everyone use the same term it's easier for the newcomer

aravuus

I didn't actually notice that, someone somewhere said they are different runs. Genocide is that you kill everyone, no mercy is that you only kill the ones that happen to attack you, you don't go out of your way to murder every possible living being.

e: I mean, it looks like everyone else is calling it genocide run still.. Well, whatever. Call it what you want, I guess.

Dunkley

I didn't actually notice that, someone somewhere said they are different runs. Genocide is that you kill everyone, no mercy is that you only kill the ones that happen to attack you, you don't go out of your way to murder every possible living being.

e: I mean, it looks like everyone else is calling it genocide run still.. Well, whatever. Call it what you want, I guess.

Nah, No Mercy Run and Genocide Run are the same. Some people just don't like the term Genocide and thus prefer to refer the run as "No Mercy".

Weiss

Banned
Well, I'm finally going to take the plunge and download this.

Wish I wasn't such a spoiler hound. I never thought I'd ever get around to playing this game, but I figure it's unique and interesting enough that I should experience it for myself instead of watching LPs.

Well, I'm finally going to take the plunge and download this.

Wish I wasn't such a spoiler hound. I never thought I'd ever get around to playing this game, but I figure it's unique and interesting enough that I should experience it for myself instead of watching LPs.

I'm generally someone who has no qualms about reading spoilers. I figure if I know all the twists and turns of a story I can appreciate the nuances more. But even having a pretty solid idea of how Undertale works I still ended up being taken by surprise a lot of the time, and it still ended up being my GOTY, so I don't think it'll hurt your experience too much. The journey there really is as important as the destination.

Hey guys, If you're after a dessert to go with the main course that is Undertale, there's another, older RPG with very similar themes called OneShot that is a perfect little bonus.

Oh, and if you thought Undertale broke your heart and messed with your mind, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Let's just say The title is very descriptive.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/6560/

If you want a bad time

image.php

I'll do it after I complete pacifist, I'm taking my sweet time with it

Dorygrant

Is there a way to have multiple save files for this game? I beat it a few days ago but want my friend to try it out. I noticed it only lets me continue or reset.

Also there was a drm free version on humble? Damn I messed up lol

Maximo

Can't get over how good the music is, keep replying Spider Dance, Death By Glamour and Bonetrousle over and over.

Is there a way to have multiple save files for this game? I beat it a few days ago but want my friend to try it out. I noticed it only lets me continue or reset.

Also Interested. want the SO to play it.

Haganeren

Something i feel was kinda rushed/forgotten in the game story
was the fate of the children before Frisk...

I mean, nobody really mention who killed them, everyone is against you when you do a no mercy run but all those character don't have any mercy for you albeit some exception like Papyrus or Toriel

Those creatures are never punished, everyone is happy at the end of the true pacifist and the souls themselves are quite happy to help actually ! I found it was quite strange as i would without a doubt turn into a revangeful soul at their place and maybe would help Flowey in the end. (unless Flowey killed all those people but it seems a little doubtful seeing all those monsters ready to murder you)

So yeah, the Asgore/Toriel ship discussed earlier always makes me remember what Asgore have been doing to innocent child even if he is most likely not the one executing them (albeit maybe the last one).

Anyone feeling like me ?

Dunkley

The save files are located in AppData/Local in your User folder.

If you back these up or rename the folder, you can wipe your saves and restore it whenever you want.

Capra

Nope, but you can always manually copy your original save files somewhere and let your friend play on a True Reset.

Top Bottom