• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

DNAbro

Does something happen if you do another Pacifist Run after doing a Pacifist Run first?

not really. I believe the game will only acknowledge that fact that you are doing another pacifist run in one single place which is San's secret room and that may be only if you chose not to stay with Toriel.

CCS

Banned
Hey guys, having watched Cryaotic's let's play and loved it, anyone got any more good let's play suggestions to watch? (preferably pacifist)

Thanks!

Nzyme32

Hey guys, having watched Cryaotic's let's play and loved it, anyone got any more good let's play suggestions to watch? (preferably pacifist)

Thanks!

Vinesauce Joel's is amazing. He did it blind but with the knowledge that a pacifist run was possible. He also does a genocide run afterwards. Both are brilliant for the reactions alone, but he does some very unique things that no other lets plays do that are amazing, but I won't spoil it

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR_4pTc1KGS5CmH9G5z6W8TmqaF33SZ5P

Puruzi

Banned
WHO THE HELL IS JERRY?

I keep seeing that name pop up but I have no idea who that character is.

bIfGfeM.png

Kientin

WHO THE HELL IS JERRY?

I keep seeing that name pop up but I have no idea who that character is.

Jerry sucks, don't worry about it.

I've found Jerry in random encounters in the "dog marriage" area near Snowden (I think it was that area anyway). He is that loud obnoxious guy that ruins parties that everyone wishes would just go.

Meffer

Asked my friend if he knows about Undertale. He knows the name but that's it.
Gifted the game to him, he's in for a ride.

Jerry sucks, don't worry about it.

I've found Jerry in random encounters in the "dog marriage" area near Snowden (I think it was that area anyway). He is that loud obnoxious guy that ruins parties that everyone wishes would just go.
all he ever wanted was a wi-fi hotspot and someone to give him a ride home :(

PK Gaming

Gotta say... as someone who frequently has to rely on fan translations for JP only games it feels good to be on the other side for once

EDIT: Oh but i'd be really, really cool if Undertale received an official JP translation. I hope it blows up there!

demidar

I listened to the latest 8-4 Play podcast (they're a translation company) and one of the hosts (Mark?) said Undertale is his GotY. So maybe there's a chance???

Don't get your hopes up.

Dunkley

Re: Japanese TL talk

Moa, the creator of Hatoful Boyfriend, is a huge fan of the game and has wanted the same thing. To the point where she's playing through the game and posting translations as she plays to Nicovideo and Youtube.

Link to the first video, more in her account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYPgPQkuQw

She's also drawn a bunch of fanart and posted it on twitter.

Wow, that is awesome. Props to her for sharing the love, I hope Toby either gets in touch with her or the other people that said they were interested in it for an official translation.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
The menace of Kirito, serial monster grinder and general asshat, was stopped now 89 times by UU.
'Dis gon take a while. 35% best try...

yatesl

So I just finished it for the first time, although checking wiki I missed a side quest.

That was certainly a video game

PSqueak

Banned
Skeletons are demonic? That mother would have a heart attack if she ever took a biology class.

I think it was more about the fact that it was a menacing smirking skelleton with a single glowy eye and possibly eerie blue aura, as most people depic sans when in boss mode.

I doubt the mother would have freaked out if she had seen one of the bajillion fluffy Soriel pics out there.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Kirito has been stopped in 110 timelines by UU.
.. I can't cheat, but i... saint fucking god.

Syril

I just finished it on the true pacifist route.
That was one of the sweetest games I've ever played. It did a great job making the story feel like it was designed for that route even when it was designed for multiple. I was really impressed with how it handled the True Lab. It would normally be a horror setting, but since you're on the true pacifist route to even be there in the first place, you already know that there's nothing really to be scared of, and it played to that with the shower curtain and the bed apparition. The ending was so satisfying that I'm not even sure I want to see the bad endings. I liked the game way more when it was being sweet and sincere than when it was being unpleasant anyway.

Top Bottom